Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital
View all Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital reviews

Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital

Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital Employee Review

Team Orientated

I loved going to work. Team orientated and the one helps the other. The work load is a lot, but keeps you on your toes. The culture is very well expressed and you can always be yourself.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Work load

4,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
4,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
4,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
4,0 out of 5 stars for Management
4,0 out of 5 stars for Culture

Same role

Productive place

There are different management styles. Great exposure to different patients and different pathologies. The equipment is advanced. There are different modalities and training is readily available.

Pros

Great learning environment

Cons

Educational but stressful

I havr learnt alot working is such a big tertiary hospital. I feel my knowledge and skills would not have been so vast if I worked in a small regional hospital, and for that I will always be thankful.However the department that I work in, being Operational theatre has had a few challenges in the past few years that I have worked there.Firstly, I feel that the management is not supportive enough in considering the shortage of staff. They focus more on the work being done and satisfying statistics instead of the staff and they needs. Secondly, the department has a very stagnant way of operating. Leading to unnecessary overload of work when it come to most disciplines. For example theatre Nursing staff doing work that should be done by operator because that is what the management has allowed and introduced, leading to burn out due to unfair work load instead of training the right people to do the job.And lastly. Doctors are held at higher estimate than any other professional in the department. Therefore making is hard to accelerate matter of concern in various departments. Making it an unhealthy relationship between the multidisciplinary team and Operational managers doing nothing about it.However, The really awesome thing about working in this theatre is that there are frequent department rotations and you get a chance to learn the many disciplines. Unlike being in one discipline for years. Making you gain skills and competency from all the highly specialized units.

Friendly workplace

Having to do training at CMJAH NHLS was one of the best moments in my life. First day it was nerve wrecking but the welcoming was warm. The staff is friendly.

Pros

Free tea and enough break time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,4 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,6 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,4 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture

Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?