Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital

Clear
3,5Work-Life Balance
3,4Pay & Benefits

Friendly workplace

Having to do training at CMJAH NHLS was one of the best moments in my life. First day it was nerve wrecking but the welcoming was warm. The staff is friendly.

Pros

Free tea and enough break time

Working ay Charlotte was great experience,i mean its a one of the big hospital in south africa,its very challeging and fun at the same time

They want clean workersTime keeperKind person as you work with different peopleKnow how to work with peopleTo keep your working enviroment its very importat

Cons

Was wonderful to work there.

Working at Charlotte maxeke Johannesburg hospital was enjoyable. Many advancement opportunities exist there. Different characters and personalities that you meet daily.

Still want to work as a hiv/aids counsellor or a cleaner

I was happy to work at Charlotte Maxeke Academy i still need a chance to work again.And the patient they're open and feel welcome.The Sister's and Dr

Great working environment, opportunity to study given

Self motivation required, one needs to have direction and personal goals to advance in their career, not much mentorship if any. Learning opportunity limited

Good learning environment

Working here has taught me how to work under pressure and how to stay focused. It's a good institution to learn different things and become exposed to real life situations.

Productive place

There are different management styles. Great exposure to different patients and different pathologies. The equipment is advanced. There are different modalities and training is readily available.

Pros

Great learning environment

Cons

Charlotte has been more than a home for me. The staff and management are supportive

Charlotte maxeke is a good hospital to obtain experience. They provide short courses to enable you to be effective and productive in your line of work

Pros

They provide short courses

Cons

good working place that you can wish to work there

professional at all time and the service is so good but there is nothing hard about the job so satisfying the costumers makes me very happy and focus

Pros

you can get a study bursary

Cons

enough working hours

very academic workplace..

work environment is good but the hospital is far for me because I have relocated to Boksburg. The department groomed me to be the person Iam professionally and im really greatfull for that.

Pros

free lunches

Productive and fun workplace

So far i've had a great day at work, i learned to persevere in everything that i do even if things turn to be hard at times, my colleagues are team players and are always willing to teach if one doesn't know

Its a nice place at times but there is an overload of work at times yet I do not mind

Work is good since I enjoy what I do, I learned skills which are good for any company. I have a great working relationship with my co-workers, the hardest part of my work is dealing with difficult employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we like brothers and sisters.

Productive and fun workplace

Repair equipment brought to the workshop or send them to service agent. I learned to use safety analyser and test defibrillators. I was working hand in hand with the manager and senior technician on equipment going to service agents. I attended call-out with co-workers at different wards. The most enjoyable part was attending training at different companies. The hardest part of the job was attending to all sister and nurse same day.

Pros

Training

Cons

No long hours

fun workplace with relaxed atmosphere but no growth opportunities

A typical day is made up of a 12 hour shift. in the morning we connect patients to the machine and do hourly observations, give Intravenous medications, odering and packing of stock, do rounds with the doctors and then co-ordinate care for patients from home and those in the ICU's. Push machines to the ICUs and peripheral wards to dialyse acutely ill patients and before knocking off write a full days report for opposite shift and then do handover to night sister.I have learnt to run a shift, coordinating patients care for the day, delegating of duties according to scope of practice and experience.the management team is not very open to staff concerns and problems unless you are known or a favourite.I had a very good team of co-workers who knew what team work means and that made the demands o the day manageable. they were very supportive and most of them willing to share the knowledge and expertise.the hardest part of my job was dealing with uncooperative doctors, who disregarded that I work with time. They had to do rounds early in the mornings so I could be able to deploy staff to dialyse in the ICUs and peripheral wards, and having a manager who did not have a backbone, who let doctors abuse nurses as they wanted.the most enjoyable part of my job was talking to patients, getting to know about them and rendering the best care to them and seeing them thankful at the end of the dialysis session, knowing that I have just helped to prolong his/her life for another day.

Pros

housing and medical aid subsidy, claiming sundays and public holidays

Cons

long hours, no team work with doctors

Not fun to work there

Growth for an individual is low because one is not given that opportunity to grow and the is no challange its stressing.

Pros

easy leaf

Cons

poor working conditions low stork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance