Chemours
3,6 out of 5 stars.

Chemours Employee Reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Good place to work but not really challenging

This is a great place to work if you are fine picking up random jobs on your own. The lack of structure within the company means it’s easy for people to be lazy. It’s hard to get people to do anything but if you don’t mind finding your own work and slacking off time to time than you will enjoy it.

Supportive culture, good working atmosphere

All in all, a good place to work where the people are good to each other and very supportive. Nice work/life balance and good support from management. Recommended.

Aprendes mucho, siempre pensando en seguridad.

Buen trabajo. Aprendes a trabajar con seguridad. Muy estrictos.

Good place to work with a mix of great pay and time off.

Chemours is just a spin off from DuPont to get out of fines. Chambers Works site is a ghost town and the site is looking to lease and sell off all the property and keep just a couple areas open. I wouldn’t work there but I would definitely work for the company at another site. Great pay and work culture is laid back. I only left because the site is going away and I don’t want to end up being laid off with a few hundred people and have to complete for a job.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Site is fazing out

Good pay and benefits …. No growth opportunities

No growth opportunities Epitome of favoritism Too much internal politics Have their own favorites DuPont style management There are many more but these are tge main

Pros

Great pay great benefits

Cons

No growth unless you have a guardian angel or DuPont in your resume

Racial Tension

Poor local management who aren’t willing to listen to any advice, unless you’re the right ethnicity. Noniclisive and the turnover rate is becoming unbearable. The room for growth no longer exists unless you are in the click.I feel like human relations is at a all time low, people and their safety is thing of the past.

Pros

Rotating shifts

Cons

Non inclusive environment, currently running with none leaks

Fast paced and challenging work environment

Great place to learn and grow. Above average benefits package. Opportunities for growth and advancement are limitless based on your ambition level.

Great Management Team

Chemours is a good place to work. Work can be stressful, but you have the support of your managers who are very accessible. The culture is amazing and transparent.

Pros

Great managers

Cons

Salary and benefits

Good people at the site

Understaffed but good employees that help each other out. Learned a lot during this experience and pay was pretty good. Work/ life balance not the best

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Excelentes capacitaciones , conocimiento constante , seguridad 100 % es lo que destaca a una buena empresa

Pros

Salario y competitividad

Cons

No le veo

Buen ambiente de Trabajo

Buena colaboración con compañeros de trabajo. Horario flexible.

Pros

Horario laboral accesible

Cons

oportunidad de crecimiento

Nice Place to work

Safety oriented, nice place to learn and work. Company is fairly new to this site so still working out all the kinks. Head management could be better. Overall, I love working here & with the people around me. Pay could be better and is being worked on currently.

Pros

Opportunity to learn & grow and very safety oriented

Cons

The pay could be better

A lot of downtime

Fair company. The management is much better than a lot of other workplaces. The work is as boring and unfulfilling as expected in this industry. The hardest part of the job is getting used to the culture.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

No room for growth

Great place to work with good management and peers. Company gives good bonus. Pay and benefits are good. Company is actively growing and improving their plants.

Pros

Good pay amd benefits

vergadercultuur, veel oude heren, conservatief, traag

vergadercultuur, veel oude heren, conservatief, traag, alleen bewezen technologie. 5 minuten iets zeggen in een vergadering van 3 uur met 15 man was typisch.

Pros

loon

Cons

ethisch zeer twijfelachtig bedrijf. Helpen om iets minder slecht te worden, of..

Toxic work environment

Steady decline since Chemours took over. Pension and good benefits are nonexistent. HR is a complete joke. Steadily loosing people with cyanide experience. Putting their trust in engineers straight out of college. Pay isn’t bad if you’re willing to risk your life. Safety culture went from good to terrible in a few short years. Complete toxic work environment for managers.

Pros

Decent pay.

Cons

Management doesn’t provide leadership, MIQA is a joke, HR is absolutely terrible, The safety culture that once was a reason to be employed there is quickly going away, toxic work environment

No foundation

Site lacks basic solid foundation. Insufficient staffing leads to poor quality in task completions, and everyone seems ok, as long as costs are down.

Pros

Free shoes?

Cons

No “tools” to help people succeed.

Ok work environment

If you’re trainable it’s an ok job, I really don’t have too much to say since I was let go because I contracted Covid, and after my quarantine and sent in my clearance med. paperwork they didn’t allow me back, so I was on unemployment.

Pros

Ok if you need a job.

Cons

Expect to be laid off or fired before 90 days

Good pay poor management

Chemours/Dupont was a good place I expected to retire from one day. However after switching to chemours and multiple Plant Mgr changes and the worst HR in my almost 20 years of working. The only thing that kept me coming for as long as I did was mostly the money and some good friends made while working there.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management/HR

Good pay and good people

Good place to work just always worried about job security, good people and a good atmosphere, everyone tries to help everyone out, would recommend having a pan B just in case

Everyone Makes $100k Like It or Not

They will work the guts out of you whether you like it or not. Depending on the UNIT, they are alot of drama with a couple people in the unit. They have alot of turnover.

Pros

Good Pay, Benefits

Cons

Excessive Forced OT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chemours. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance