CHEP Management reviews

South Africa36 reviews
4,0
CHEP is a great company to work for with great employee benefits.

Hours are long due to 24hr production schedule.

The management team is great, with all employees helping each other.
Pros
Housing
Cons
Far from major cities
1,0
Chep is a very good company, not all departments are run down the drain such as the CCT department which is lead by incompetent leaders with big Ego’s. I won my CCMA case against CHEP for unfair dismissal and its sad that the company willing to gonas far as labour court amd settle instead of admitting guilt and move forward. Says allot about leadership!
1,0
Ethically i had to leave.
I did not feel that it was right to charge more then one person for the same pallets/racks/containers.

Senior management gave no support in a new environment - no training given at all when i started at the company
5,0
A very good company to work for and I learnt to deal with clients on a daily basis.
Management is of the highest quality because your questions and queries are attended to in time.
4,0
Compared to other multinational companies operating in South Africa , CHEP is clearly a leader and puts its employees first.

Having recently won the TOP EMPLOYER South Africa award is testimony to that.
Pros
There is a lot of positive energy in the Durban office, Everyone is happy to come to work, Management are supportive, and everyone has a platform to speak up, and let their idea's be heard, clearly taking positive steps forward with regard to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, Great focus on career development.
Cons
Lack of technology in some departments. or use of old tech.
4,0
Chep is simply the best company I have ever worked for therefor I wouldn't hasitate to recommend it to others.I have a dream of being one of its management personnel soon
Pros
Working with different races
Cons
Working toooo hard for small salaries
4,0
everyone has they own thing to do, management takes care of its people, the most enjoyable part of the job is where you get to interact with your collegues
Pros
flexible hours, good pay
Cons
there is nothing bad i can say about the company
4,0
The day will always start with what happen the previous night when you left already. To work with a major clients account as VWSA was the best learning curve. They having a good and excellent management style and is very supportive. The most enjoyable part is when you work in a great team, they always bring the best out of me.
Pros
Every year going to Cape Town for a week that was great.
Cons
Long hours have come with the package, but enjoy every moment, if you love in what you doing times is no issue at all.
5,0
première expérience dans le domaine m'a appris beaucoup de choses . surtout , je appris à assister à des situations stressantes de manière autonome au travail , et les relations publiques avec le public est pas toujours facile .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CHEP?
3,0
i learn about production in the work area as it was the first time in life working in production company.the management is very good because we have a management meeting every Monday and a safety meeting everyday, me and my co-workers have a very good working relationship, we work as a team and we understand the working environment very well. there is no hardest part of my job just because i enjoy doing my work, the most enjoyable part is that l work under a production company where l see the process of production everyday.
Pros
free tea (tea bags & sugar)
4,0
The machines are a newly designed but not tested therefore most of the day was spent on breakdowns.
A vast amount of knowledge was gained from chemical effects on metals to 100bar pumps and intricate high speed mechanical systems.

Production Management set deadlines that are immediate and sometime not obtainable due to contractors, suppliers or work load.
Ninety nine % of co-workers were excellent and helpful.

Getting machines running after major breakdowns, machine damage usually high.
Pros
Tool of trade vehicle and good benefits.
Cons
No Home life, stand by 24x7x364 days per year .