CIPTC

CIPTC Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits

Review of life in situation

Management was slow to recognize the need for acculturation and language training for the foreign teachers. Communication with managers was not always clear and materials to do the job were lacking. Had to create many of the materials and literature to accomplish my work.

Pros

Very independant

Cons

Major lack of resources

Fine for 1~2 years but leave after that and continue a more lucrative career path

Great job to do for a year or two before moving on to something else. For most people, the most disappointing aspect will be the pay which for the cities they work in is not quite adequate if you're just coming out of college. Most people make around 2,000 a month before tax and while China is cheap, living in Shenzhen is not. Any benefits they provide that they bill as great should be reframed in the context of mandatory benefits they have to provide since you are paying into the government social insurance scheme. Also, expect your colleagues at the school you work at to ask you to regularly do things that are not explicitly stated in your job duties in your contract

Pros

Long holiday during the summer

Cons

Pay, response time

Ridiculous, stupid company! Run away and don't look back!

The quality of the management here is very mixed. The current head is an okay guy, but he is surrounded by (mostly) incompetent chair-warmers. This company also takes a big chunk of your pay every month. And please don't fall in love with your contract. The terms will be altered and the salary lowered for no explicable reason. The teachers employed by CIPTC are also bottom-of-the barrel. Although they are hamstrung to teach only obsolete rote memorization methods, it is unclear to me whether any would have the imagination or smarts to teach in a more modern manner if they had the chance. CIPTC offers mentoring for unskilled or new teachers, but the mentors themselves are incapable of either mentoring or teaching properly. But take heart! Shenzhen is a huge city and there are many opportunities available for English teachers.

Well-managed company to work for

CIPTC look after teachers very well. They provide training, accommodation and support in a non-judgmental and supportive manner. Great company to work for.

Productive and vibrant work place

Typically, on a day to day basis, I teach 5 classes, 5-11 year olds. Learning to adapt lessons to my children needs and learning level. though various teaching methods. From videos, to songs, to arts and crafts, and even role playing. Hardest part of the job is overcoming the intense language barrier, and helping the children confidently speak in English.

Fun and helpful if not ineffective

Mostly a good company to work for, usually willing to help however you may need to wait a long time for it since there are so many other employees for the limited number of office staff to handle.

a great place to start but not to grow

since this was my first job abroad i was not sure what to expect. i found myself alone and having to figure things out for myself. the management is poor and not helpful at all. i was always the last person to know of any changes and i had to pay a lot of bills even though i had been promised my bills would be paid for me. i was also told the tax was very low but i found my self paying way more. i also had to pay for medication even though each much i was getting deductions towards healthcare insurance. i would not recommend this company as they really do not care about their staff they just care about making money.

Pros

free 3 meals a day

Cons

unhelpful

Great

An amazing experience for someone looking to work and live in China. The staff and very friendly and if ask will go out their way to make you comfortable because they understand what you're going through. The pay was good for lack of experience but with the training they provide you, ,you can go out and find another position on your own earning you extra money.

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch

Cons

Times in between lessons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIPTC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• CIPTC