City of Cape Town

City of Cape Town Employee Reviews

3,0
Company is clouded with racism, ideas from employees are weighed down and negatively accepted. Its dominated by old people who have a very resistant frame of mind to change, it's a good place to work at if you have no intention of growing in your career...consider it a retirement village, it's good for you if have no intention of contributing industry shaping ideas because there is no room for that.
3,0
Working for City of Cape Town was good, exciting and fun. I gained experience in administration. The management was friendly, in good communication with us. My hardest part of my job was during training. Some people were provided training sadly for me I was not in the list of people who got that lucky and received training. I waited for a call from COCT regarding traing but got nothing until today but we were promised to get a training to have certificates that will help us in the future.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
5,0
City of Cape Town is a good company to work for because you can get a job to work at your community and there will be no transport costs and you won’t have to spend for lunch and you work flexible hours
Pros
Bring your own lunch, easy to get to work
Cons
Working during the weekend
4,0
A lot of perks including free courses to attend and financial assistance to study further. In-house training provided and you get sent to private institutions for further training. You also get time off for study purposes.
Pros
Free courses
Cons
Watch your back if you advance to fast you'll have alot of jealous colleagues
4,0
I was working in milnerton on 2012 as area cleaner for 3 months Contract, than after they add one month more, that was good work in city of cape Town, salary was good for two week and we was getting working tools from city tools was on good condition.
5,0
Working for the City may be a rewarding experience however due to nature of the business the wheel can turn very slowly and planning ahead is critical.
4,0
Nice working environment with many benefits , slow growth as result of lots of competition for same position, job security is good and salary competitive
benefits
Cons
slow growth
5,0
It is very challenging ,working under pressure and working with clients. I meet different people some are project managers ,but i found it nice working with them
Pros
Meeting new people
4,0
Working for the City of Cape Town was a genuine amazing experience. Walking Bus Project had a positive influence to my life. I enjoyed working with the school kids I even gained bonds with plenty of school kids.
Pros
Always had to be on duty by 7am
Cons
Not allowed to be rude to kids despite their manners
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Cape Town?
5,0
the city of cape town epwp programme was an amazing experience for me and I would definitely recommend them in the future. they provide you with your basics
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Contract position
4,0
Working for the city of Cape town was great and there are a lot of opportunities. Honesty is their no 1 priority and they treatyoi with respect. Best.
5,0
The job was good as well as the environment . I simply enjoyed working for the city of Cape Town, overall I had no issues. I’ve picked up many experience from the job and therefore I’m thankful
5,0
I was enjoying and love my job at city of cape town although it was for a short period but I made every minute of it count. And engaging with people for the first time in work enviroment it was fun and interesting. I never had a dull moment there because the work that I was doing was inside and out that's what made it so interesting and the environment was so friendly and fun.h
Pros
Educational, informative, Friendly enviroment to work with and enjayable
Cons
They were not so inconsiderate for employing us permanently
5,0
Plenty jobs opportunities to rise up in your early career but once you're at the top you have to wait your turn for someone to retire. Nice employee social activities, really enjoyed the annual golf day and Cape Argus.
Pros
Great benefits all round
Cons
Senior level advancing in career limited
4,0
I was happy up until the end of my employment with the City of Cape Town company. If life gave me the opportunity to be with the company again I would accept that offer with love and warmest hands.
5,0
Well firstly I had a great manager, who was not only helpful in concerning work but also pushed me to achieve much more where it concerns my personal life.
4,0
I woke up everyday feeling good because i was going to go to work meet my loving and supportive colleagues. I learned to support, work well with people and also be a good teamworker.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
4,0
My experience as a contractual employee was very short, yet profound. I've gained some experience and exposure. Managed to enhance my knowledge. However, due to lockdown most lined up trainings meant to capacitate employees were forfeited. I somehow wish there could be something done.
Pros
Gaining Knowledge, Exposure and Experience
Cons
Forfeited Training, Short Employment Contracts, Lack of ongoing Monitoring
5,0
I am very practical person and enjoy working outdoor as much as indoor. I have gained experience with regards to firefighting as well preparation needed. I have acquired other skills over the course of the last 3 years such as general maintenance activities. Brush cutter, Chainsaw operator Assistant for 2 years. I have good computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Power Point, excel and Outlook. I have excellent written and oral communication skills and enjoy practical activities. I have gained experience in administrative tasks such as filling, basic project management, personal time and attendance matters and taking minutes. Due to my passion for the environment I enjoy environmental education and I am comfortable and competent in designing and implementing my own experience lessons for children and adults alike. I have previously taken on the responsibilities of my EPWP Supervisor when my supervisor he was on training for the duration of 2 weeks. I was given the responsibility of overseeing and managing my colleagues, preparing the tools for the specific task and make sure everyone signed their time sheet dail, making sure I checked and singed any lose tools, taking care of company vehicles making sure they wash each and very Friday preparing the oncoming week. I am a good team player and work easily with people in positions of authority. I have no problems with following orders and can work just as effectively by myself as I can in a team. I am a hard worker and do not mind working after hours or in a weather conditions if it is required. I am currently doing my driver`s - more...
5,0
The city of Cape Town is a strict company to work for, working for them was worth it, ive learnt alot and id like to thank them for the oppourtunity to allow me to give back to the community and to enjoya fun filled work environment.
4,0
I think they have great benefits and a really fast paced mad competitive working environment. It is however very difficult to get your foot in the door as I have experienced but I erall did not have a problem. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a