City of Cape Town
4,0 out of 5 stars.

City of Cape Town Employee Reviews

Too much competition amongst employeesPunctuality Strict on timeDress code at times is important They can be bias at times depending on the department and people you working with.
Pros
They do teach how to work
Cons
Only teaching basics
Was fun working in different areas cleaning up the communities sweeping the roads and sidewalks working hours wasn't bad you never feel drained after finishing to go home
Excellent work place no one chases you if you are an apprentice you need to push your won success. Its a fun place to work at and the salaries and benefits are excellent
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Not much growth
I once worked for the City of Cape Town as a call centre agent we received proper training until we were ready to be on our own.Working environment is safe and workers are friendly and professional.I would really like to work for you again in the Administration department.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It was a great opportunity for me I also learned a lot about the company my occupation was Data capturingThe hardest part was to make sure that you dont capture wrong information
Pros
free fruit and coffee
Cons
not @ all 8/4
I worked as a EPWP and the experience gained was good there are great opportunities but most are internal. The salary given to any EPWP worker is a stipend, no matter what the department you're working in for City Of Cape Town.
Pros
Recommendation
Cons
Alot of responsibility het you only receive a stipend
Great people to work with from supervisors to managers to staff all gave good support all the times.would love to be permanent there but just kept on getting contracts
The workplace at retreat maintenance depot was productive always at a fast paced, hands on to multiple operations which is data capturing , admin , telephonically and physically queries , compliances and resolutions dealing with tenants or residents , knowledge and operating the saps system , management at retreat maintenance depot was amazing by educating and training , always offering opportunity to educate, management is professional
Pros
Management's, salary, education and training opportunities
Cons
None that I experienced
Customers were making me happy and people i was working with them i enjoy myself everyday learning communication solving problems honesty customer service skills forgiving myself when i learn something new listening to our managers when we dont do the right thing helps a lot focus on everything we learn .
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Hours according
This job will show me how to be more cleaner by my surrounding in my area and will teach us not to litter so u could have a cleaner environment for our future generations.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
You need to be strong-willed, flexible and open to diverse approaches in respect of the application of relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks. Conscious awareness of all changes as they apply to specific situations and the ability to bring the balance between employee/employer imperatives/business demands is imperative.Game changers are a must as the playing field keeps on changing.
Pros
Employee development
Cons
Pressured environment
Was productive , i learned a lot of things and gained experience. The work environment was friendly and they pushed me mentally do to a better job .
Pros
Free lunches
The organization is saturated in corruption, prejudice and bullying. The City claims to encourage whistleblowing but when you do, you become a target of corporate bullying from the top down, character assassination, until they literally work you out the gate. Gangsterism within the City is very real, many thugs in high ranking positions, abusing their office. Those claiming the Cityis a great place to work are either themselves corrupt or turn a blind eye to save face.
Pros
Job security, good income
Cons
Promise of promotion in return for fringe benefits, blackmail, no job security or personal safety if you are a whistleblower
Company is clouded with racism, ideas from employees are weighed down and negatively accepted. Its dominated by old people who have a very resistant frame of mind to change, it's a good place to work at if you have no intention of growing in your career...consider it a retirement village, it's good for you if have no intention of contributing industry shaping ideas because there is no room for that.
Working for City of Cape Town was good, exciting and fun. I gained experience in administration. The management was friendly, in good communication with us. My hardest part of my job was during training. Some people were provided training sadly for me I was not in the list of people who got that lucky and received training. I waited for a call from COCT regarding traing but got nothing until today but we were promised to get a training to have certificates that will help us in the future.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
City of Cape Town is a good company to work for because you can get a job to work at your community and there will be no transport costs and you won’t have to spend for lunch and you work flexible hours
Pros
Bring your own lunch, easy to get to work
Cons
Working during the weekend
A lot of perks including free courses to attend and financial assistance to study further. In-house training provided and you get sent to private institutions for further training. You also get time off for study purposes.
Pros
Free courses
Cons
Watch your back if you advance to fast you'll have alot of jealous colleagues
i have work here for long now and you do have negative people that you have to balance your self to them and try to be you all the time.i start working for city of cape town 2010 as maintenence assistant just a month then i apply for senior handyman as i was working i join the training to be electrical .i do may trade test on 2017 i pass then am working as electrical now on for the pas 3 yours now.i love this job it make you to be awake all time and know to think to solve faults
Pros
free training
Cons
days or months
I was working in milnerton on 2012 as area cleaner for 3 months Contract, than after they add one month more, that was good work in city of cape Town, salary was good for two week and we was getting working tools from city tools was on good condition.
Cons
Working for the City may be a rewarding experience however due to nature of the business the wheel can turn very slowly and planning ahead is critical.
Nice working environment with many benefits , slow growth as result of lots of competition for same position, job security is good and salary competitive
benefits
Cons
slow growth
  1. Employee Reviews