City of Cape Town

City of Cape Town Employee Reviews for Administrative Clerk

Administrative Clerk27 reviews
South Africa27 reviews
5,0
Well firstly I had a great manager, who was not only helpful in concerning work but also pushed me to achieve much more where it concerns my personal life.
3,0
As an admin clerk @ in the store room was the best experience ever, I learned a lot... I was a all rounder.
I also do hope that Im on the data bases...
Pros
Loved working as a EPWP, would have loved to become permanent @ the city.
Cons
Salary and the fate that there was never a position available for you to apply on the website
5,0
Always be punctual at all times.
Dress appropriately, Monday till Thursday semi-formal, Fridays are casuals.

Work needs to be out at an expected time due to work flow times.

Psychologist is always there when you need someone to help you due to stress.
3,0
Some days were better than the others middle of the month quite, very busy towards month end.I have learned the difference between public and private sector clientele.They have flexible working hours, moreover have learned new things on a daily basis.
3,0
The job was intriguing in that it introduced me to a totally different system which involved checking on the clients payment status and provide necessary advise in instances where payments delays.
4,0
I was at the walk in Center (Revenue depart) whereby I will make arrangements on due accounts,do amendments as required by the client. This thought me well in paying attention to detail, analyzing and communication.Management was very friendly, Transparent ,compliment.it was nice being recognized for your hard word
3,0
I was rewarding and learning time for me. They offer courses for further education. They had great benefits for me and all my dependents. Loved the team bui
3,0
The City of Cape Town is a big municipality with different departments. Each department has its own challenges as expected. Statistics and data are highly important. Employees has to perform otherwise action will be taken against you.
Cons
No overtime.
Very tight office space.
Gets very busy.

I learned the systems that they worked on which was pretty cool.

You get to leave normal people hours.

One of the hardest places to get a job is council
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
One of the hardest places to get a job is council
3,0
You don't work on weekends depending on the department you're employed in. Working hours is convenient from 07:30 - 16:00/08:00 - 16:30. Overall the COCT is a good company but one can struggle to grow in the company.
2,0
To work at city of cape town was are good experience and I wish to work again there and I learned are lot of skills and Work with different people Around me and also work as a team. the management skill and the way the people work with me it is very professional and good. to work at city of cape town it is like you at home the welcoming at the team work it makes you fill you with your family
3,0
Working for the city of Cape Town is great and enjoyable but the only thing that need to improve is the progress of the staff, promotion and advancement, it's so easy to stay in one position for many years without knowing if you will ever get the promotion.
benefits
Cons
stressful
5,0
Working at the City of Cape Town Council was a wonderful working experience as it exposed me to the work environment. This was my first time working so I really enjoyed it, and the management made working there very fun.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no transport
5,0
Very easy working environment to work in.
Especially working and assisting citizens of cape town and making a difference in there day to day lives.

Working in the City is a good experience.
Benefits
Cons
Hard Work
The day is structured.

I have learnt how to manage time effectively and how to deal with people from all cultures.

Management is a bit biased in terms of advancement and favouritism.

Work is sometimes involved but communicating and tolerating people makes it easier.
Pros
Benefits ex: Medical Aid
Cons
Mundane
3,0
I was a temp at this depot and did not work here for very long. I had a good experience working there though, I learned alot about excel which i didnt know before I worked there.
5,0
It was a one month basis contract and they needed studients for every month. Well it was great working there and very productive. We got to learn a lot and it was very informative, the spell I shared my time there.
3,0
being a data capturer and supervisor for the city of cape town sub council 17 phoning the field supervisor to make sure who is working and what street are they working in for the day.Landsdowne was my responsibility.co-workers were very nice to work with as we all like getting work done before the day over.the hardest part of the job is to count how much did we capture in landsdowne write the total .The enjoyable part is capturing the people information on to the computer everyday .
Pros
getting work done accurately
1,0
A typical day for me at work when working at the sub-council 24 would be capturing jobseeker forms, anwsering telephone calls, assisting jobseekers with their queries, helping with the the sub- council agenda for the sub-council and ward committee meeting which was held monthly. i had a lovely work enviroment with friendly colleages and a good manager who was alway motivating me and helping in any way that he can assist.
Pros
free lunch when we had the sub council meetings
Cons
traveling was difficult becuase of the area where i worked
4,0
On a daily basis I did data capturing, calls, faxes and copying of documents.

Spoke to workers on a daily basis and tried to control work situation when needed to.
5,0
Deadlines are critical and once these deadlines are me, a day at work can be a breeze. Work ethic varies among employees and it ultimately depends on the individual to perform with excellence. I learnt that without perseverance and the willingness to perform better than your previous best you will not grow.

The most enjoyable part of the job was building experience.
Pros
Depending on persons in managing position. leniency is granted
Cons
Hectic deadlines.