City of Cape Town

City of Cape Town Employee Reviews for Clerk

Clerk18 reviews
South Africa18 reviews
4,0
Flexible hours. Relaxed environment to work in, weekends offs were great. Annual bonus. Management was not great, but ok. Not very much of development training provided, no team buildings and departmental end-year functions were dull and boring
5,0
It was a very relaxed environment, not too much work. I seemed to finish everything I needed to do very fast because I didn't wait for work to pile up. Anything that needed to be filed, scanned, copied or typed or signed I did or had it done it immediately. The challenging part was when I assisted the Senior Clerk with numbers to balance the order for Enviroserve. I enjoyed my work there totally.
2,0
The management at this Depo in Wynberg is poor they are very productive when they want to get you out or in my case dismissed all due to personal reasons. Don't talk about asking advancements then they inform you there's no money in the budget even though you've worked years doing extra work out of your contract. They send you on all training to do the work but don't expect to get compensation expectations
Really balanced
Relaxed

Great people

Always beneficial to you

Care for community speaks volumes

Projects are ex excellent

Courses provided for you

Great exposure
5,0
A lot and more than anything. eg. Provides employees with education, allows freedom of speech. Takes care of the community needs. Allow destinated staff members to do studies in destined areas of the city in order to overcome problems therefore. This City is a good example to other cities of South For an example
Africa
5,0
Customer service is the key at your work place because the city works for you and you are the face of the company.
Always being nice and happy and solving customers problems is always a plus and you get great reviews and recommendations.
3,0
The City of Cape Town, is a well established company who takes care of their staff. Friendly environment, with good work ethic and morals. It is a very good company to work for.
5,0
You are constantly learning, you have a lot of one on ones with the public. Management is just there to observe. If you do your job you will have no issues with regards to management. The people you work with also make it a pleasure to work there.
Pros
medical aid, housing subsidy, 13th check, sick leave, annual leave.
Cons
Growth in the company takes long.
4,0
i have worked here since 2011 as a intern i learned a lot about working with teams and clients , i worked with a manger that understood how it is to be a wife and a working mother , the hardest part of my job was travelling to and from working and getting training and development . the enjoyable part is the group of people i worked with we worked as a team and understood each other very well.
Pros
healthcare package
Cons
management
5,0
i have worked there for the past 10 years first for the health department the moved to the finance and revenue department i have learnt alot in both departments
4,0
I am currently wanting to make a career change, making this change will be the best thing for me to do right now. I know that I can do a lot more and do it to the best of my ability.
Pros
Training
Cons
No free lunches
1,0
-We receive the contracts
-Capture the contract

-Do the balance for the week

-We scan them

-And do the sap

-Put them to the national system

-Pack them to cardboard according to certain departments
Pros
No free lunchs its only tea time at 10:00 to 10:30 and lunch on 13:00 to 13:30
Cons
No overtime
3,0
Good company work learn a lot
associate with co workers always willing to help when you strugle

working there was great pressure earning a lot of money although i was working for an agency
Pros
sometimes
Cons
normal hours
4,0
Always good to work there learning a lot from different department.
when we about to reach target but always reach in any case

management was good

always enjoy
Pros
sometimes
Cons
normal hours
5,0
I have learn a lot. Capturing complaints on sap also manage to work long hours as well as weekends. my co workers is hard working but when they are away u must do your work as well as they work. Hardest part of this job is capturing complaints and listening to the drivers when they give check calls all in one breath. most enjoyable part is to work with the drivers which are not so difficult as the others , and also just to be at work doing your work for the day. A typical day is when u sick and get a lot of complaints, where drivers struggle to explain the problem.
Pros
short lunch time
5,0
I was responsible for all of the Floral display in the store. This was the funnest part of the job as that was my time to use my creativity.
I often spoke to the clients about what they were doing in the flower world so that we could make our shop more productive to their needs.

I was very interested in educating our clients through experimentation on our flowers to see which made them last the longest etc.

I offered workshops and demonstrations in order to encourage flower skills.

The hardest part of the job was unloading the heavy buckets when the flowers came in from the market and being in the cold-room pricing it all.
Pros
Expanded on my creative skills.
Cons
Not any.
3,0
I am enjoying every moment at the company. the offices are friendly with fun people.
Pros
coffee
Cons
double pay on weekends
3,0
Lots of hard work and communicating with clients. Attention to detail being friendly and making sure admin back log is up to date.