City of Cape Town

City of Cape Town Employee Reviews for Data Entry Clerk

Data Entry Clerk18 reviews
South Africa18 reviews
3,0
It's fine to work for City of Cape Town if permanent because then you have benefits and income security but if you are a contract worker there's very little chance for your contract to be extended or even to become permanent.
5,0
My experience there was amazing. The people I worked with were very professional. I would love to work there again. All and all it was a great experience.
5,0
City of capetown was good because now that we worked at schools,they manage to take us to workshops.
I also do have computer certificates,lifeskills and project management from this company
2,0
That is when i had a dead line of my capturing but, we only find out the last minute that they need some of the information,but i manage to finish my capturing, i worked till late that day as it is safe security 24/7.
The management can be nice and supportive at times not always, they make you feel comfortable to do your work.
5,0
It is my aim to make and be part of a successful team that is directly involve in making the organization a success, as I believe I have a role to play in making things a success.
Pros
Non
Cons
No long hours
5,0
First thing in the morning is to have review of what is done and still needs to be done. I love working at this department, management is great and very friendly and uplifting,
Pros
Learning and development
4,0
Best company to work for, just a lack of team work.

not enough room for growth. felt a bit stagnant. unfair management, but loved working with clients, beautiful experience i must say.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
lack of team work
5,0
I had a great period of three months working for the City although it was for short period of time. It gave me a lot of confidence and a brief view of what is expected if someone wants to be in the field of administration or assistant or a capture. You would get days where you work under pressure but the recipe is to stay calm and put more effort instead of panicking. I really enjoyed it and the friendly staff were treating others like simblings. Thank you
3,0
We work in a team environment but i feel like a island most of the times. Job discription I am not sure of what i need to do, although the job discription are recorded but you do not do the task as per you Job discription. it disappointing.
Pros
medical aid, bursary for further studies & pension fund
Cons
No growth at this stage; salary do not match my experience
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Cape Town?
5,0
I am doing filling, Managing calls, sending and receiving emails and capturing.

I have learn how to prioritize my work and all of email and capturing I am still coping.

the hardest part of my job if filling I must make sure that I don't loose any document. and doing a report every month.

I really enjoy doing my job. especial my when I doing typing and capturing. sending e-mails.
Pros
free refreshment
Cons
working over time
5,0
I am currently working at city of cape town as a data capturer for a period of one year to the department of health and information. It is nice to work hear because I am busy with a confidential information
Pros
Attending health functions
Cons
Normal hours
5,0
This was a fun great place to work and i honestly enjoyed it

Its a pitty it was contract work so it ended very quicky

There are so many benefits working for the City of Cape Town which I also enjoy.

There was nothing hard about my job because if I didnt know I would always ask questions
Pros
Worked early
Cons
contract work
I liked working for City of Cape Town,
but there is not always work & the qualifications is abit hectic as for me who didn't have the chance of studying.

I would like to work for the City of Cape Town again.
Pros
Benefits for my kid & myself
Cons
Not sure really
4,0
data capturing was fun it was not really that bad, it was easy work to do because i did computer skills on collage and i am constantly on a laptop so it was not a problem for me.
Pros
easy work
Cons
travelling
5,0
Working environment was conducive and management was professional. There was a lot of pressure as information had to be captured on time.
Assisting with customer queries
Property valuations department over the Objection process GV2009

Assisted with completing objection forms
5,0
my day at work would be starting at 2pm till 10 pm during the world cup period. the job entitled doing the capturing of all people boarding the my city busses and people getting off. at night I would be tired because even though we finished at 10 I still got home at round about 12.
Pros
only worked 8 days
3,0
i typed 150 papers a day i learned more in data capture such as,speed,focusing,interesting and engaging with other people the management was very good they threaded us in the same level I was very passionate about my work and i was very dedicated person . The hardest part that i uncounted was the target but i did managed to get the target but it was not that easy. i enjoyed to work as a team.i rate this company as 75%
Pros
13h00-14h00
Cons
08h00-16h00