City of Cape Town

City of Cape Town Employee Reviews for General Worker

General Worker20 reviews
South Africa20 reviews
4,0
I woke up everyday feeling good because i was going to go to work meet my loving and supportive colleagues. I learned to support, work well with people and also be a good teamworker.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
5,0
I am very practical person and enjoy working outdoor as much as indoor. I have gained experience with regards to firefighting as well preparation needed. I have acquired other skills over the course of the last 3 years such as general maintenance activities. Brush cutter, Chainsaw operator Assistant for 2 years.
I have good computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Power Point, excel and Outlook. I have excellent written and oral communication skills and enjoy practical activities. I have gained experience in administrative tasks such as filling, basic project management, personal time and attendance matters and taking minutes.

Due to my passion for the environment I enjoy environmental education and I am comfortable and competent in designing and implementing my own experience lessons for children and adults alike.

I have previously taken on the responsibilities of my EPWP Supervisor when my supervisor he was on training for the duration of 2 weeks. I was given the responsibility of overseeing and managing my colleagues, preparing the tools for the specific task and make sure everyone signed their time sheet dail, making sure I checked and singed any lose tools, taking care of company vehicles making sure they wash each and very Friday preparing the oncoming week.

I am a good team player and work easily with people in positions of authority. I have no problems with following orders and can work just as effectively by myself as I can in a team. I am a hard worker and do not mind working after hours or in a weather conditions if it is required. I am currently doing my driver`s
 - more...
4,0
It's challenging and you have to be more careful about what you doing, but then it's very nice working for the company it gives you many opportunities and direction in life
2,0
Working in City of Cape town is good when you permanent cz your salary is enough for you bt when you are in Contract it bad cz you earn to little bt I can still work for cz I don't have nothing at the moment
5,0
Typical day at work it was long and a lot of hard work,I learned about time management and always be available at work .The workplace culture is very friendly and welcoming. The job was like any other job it had challenging days. The enjoyable part was about team work always being around dedicated people .
5,0
I worked with city of cape Town as an EPWP contract worker and i gained a lot of experience, and i wish to work for them again working for my community making sure that our streets are well taken care of
4,0
Working for the city of cape town had its ups and downs. I would like to work there again it was nice but the salary was not good because I was a contract worker
3,0
I worked the night shift from 8 - 4 as a general worker in may-june 2019 and the day shift in December 2018.
City of cape town town takes good care of there employees, staff are friendly and helpful. I work under Affirmative portfolios.
Pros
Good salary
3,0
I enjoy what I'm doing here currently. When I get to work I start cleaning. When I'm done with my cleaning part I help wherever I can may it be admin or whatever they need help with.

I have learn and still learning alot from management.

Not really hard parts when it comes to what I'm doing I enjoy what I do.
Pros
You can take your lunch whenever you want to.
Cons
Can't really say because I am on contract
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Cape Town?
5,0
I just wish that I could work on a permanent basis,as I am a family man,the benefits than the city of Cape town has,me and my family could benefit from.
3,0
The day is experiential. I have learned how to deal with community society and their community lifestyle. The management is understanding. The workplace culture is to start on time and willingness to work overtime. Working alone outside in the crime dominated environment is the hardest part of the job. Interacting with different individuals with different cultures is the most enjoyable.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
Strikes
5,0
I used to clean the drains and unblock the drain or we fix the broken pipes but to all that we wait the call from the office and tell us where we must go an what kind the job is.
Pros
Cons
2hours
4,0
I was doing roadworks for the city of cape town, i gained experience to lay down water pipes underground,working as part of a successful team.
I was enjoyable and educational as well.

Their was no challenge for me that was not manageable theirfore i cannot say their was really a hard part of the job foe me.

The only sad part was that it was contract work and done according to the area you live in so i would have loved to continue....

Warm Regards

Riyaadh
Pros
sent me for my drivers licence
Cons
contracted
5,0
The best thing about this job is that mos of the people you work with is hard working.My goal is to get along with everyone who is willing to put in the hard yards and work to the best of their abilities.
Pros
public holidays an no weekends.
Cons
short lunnches
3,0
Never Teach a old dog tricks unless it's needed for recap lol. Lead into future. Never disrespect others. Never bite the hand thtfeeds you. Be the. Change u want to see
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Constantly on ur feet all day
3,0
It was nice working at the schools I've learned a lot.thhe kids and teachers I've been working with was super great. I would love to do such a job again.
Cons
we didn't work long hours.
3,0
Very easy work. At times it can be a little hard but i enjoy working for city of cape town. It is very experience. No stress. Very punctual. Transport provided.
Pros
free lunches
5,0
I never had a bad day at work ,everyday I'm learning something new ,the management is good and me and my co workers always do everything as a team.the hardest part but also something new I have learnt was when we have to install a borehole pump,but the nicest part is that everyday u learn something new that's amazing
4,0
I enjoyed everything about my job specially the working together as a team to get the work done.
3,0
When its windy and you had to run after papers and start looking at you like if you are crazy.
to keep quite and do your work to the best of your abilities.

sometimes it feels like nothing that you done were recognising from management side,but can also be versa vice.

good to interact with different kind of cultures,it got the advantages and disadvantages.

just obey and do your work properly and there be no hardest part.

when you look back at your days work,and knows you happy reason management is also happy.
Cons
8hrs.