City of Cape Town

City of Cape Town Pay & Benefits reviews

This job will show me how to be more cleaner by my surrounding in my area and will teach us not to litter so u could have a cleaner environment for our future generations.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The organization is saturated in corruption, prejudice and bullying. The City claims to encourage whistleblowing but when you do, you become a target of corporate bullying from the top down, character assassination, until they literally work you out the gate. Gangsterism within the City is very real, many thugs in high ranking positions, abusing their office. Those claiming the Cityis a great place to work are either themselves corrupt or turn a blind eye to save face.
Pros
Job security, good income
Cons
Promise of promotion in return for fringe benefits, blackmail, no job security or personal safety if you are a whistleblower
City of Cape Town is a good company to work for because you can get a job to work at your community and there will be no transport costs and you won’t have to spend for lunch and you work flexible hours
Pros
Bring your own lunch, easy to get to work
Cons
Working during the weekend
I was working in milnerton on 2012 as area cleaner for 3 months Contract, than after they add one month more, that was good work in city of cape Town, salary was good for two week and we was getting working tools from city tools was on good condition.
Cons
Nice working environment with many benefits , slow growth as result of lots of competition for same position, job security is good and salary competitive
benefits
Cons
slow growth
Plenty jobs opportunities to rise up in your early career but once you're at the top you have to wait your turn for someone to retire. Nice employee social activities, really enjoyed the annual golf day and Cape Argus.
Pros
Great benefits all round
Cons
Senior level advancing in career limited
I woke up everyday feeling good because i was going to go to work meet my loving and supportive colleagues. I learned to support, work well with people and also be a good teamworker.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
I think they have great benefits and a really fast paced mad competitive working environment. It is however very difficult to get your foot in the door as I have experienced but I erall did not have a problem. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I enjoyed working for CCT,good benefits.except that they are so into numbers more then quality.There is lot of admin,lots of pieces of papers to feel attached to your nursing duties.Professional
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
They are into statistics more than quality
Flexible hours. Relaxed environment to work in, weekends offs were great. Annual bonus. Management was not great, but ok. Not very much of development training provided, no team buildings and departmental end-year functions were dull and boring
Above market salaries and great benefits Archaic culture and non-progressive thinking mid-level and below Advancement challenging with underdeveloped job descriptions that are limiting and not designed for fit.
It's fine to work for City of Cape Town if permanent because then you have benefits and income security but if you are a contract worker there's very little chance for your contract to be extended or even to become permanent.
It is good to work for the city of Cape Town, although it has its ups and downs.It is still nice to work in the community and to know you are doing something good.
Pros
Caring for the homeless
Cons
It's very stressful
Good working relationships , alot of training to do so that you can be sure of what you are doing, they can be harsh but make sure you know what you doing.
Good working relationships , alot of training to do so that you can be sure of what you are doing, they can be harsh but make sureyou know what you doing.
Do as your motto " the city works for you" because for me i was even sleeping on site as we would knock off 22:00 having to go to Khayelitsha at that time without transportation to take me home at that time and money i was using on transport was around R2000 on the very same salary i was getting meaning i was working for transport.
I have learned how to fit in a work place, how to do work properly and management nice and friendly and they are able to solve problems in the work place.
Pros
Free coffee, Sugers, And soup both powder and bar
Cons
No long hours if long hours overtime is paid
It's a great company to work for but they don't give benefits to they employees they also don't renew they contracts with people who have worked there longer
Well worth the time spent and very educational just slow with advancement but cannot complain about work assurance as the city would work for you. Work hard and reap the rewards
i learnt alot jobshadowing here i would like to work here as an permanent employee as the benefits are very attractive. seeing how it is done at CCT gave me the extra push to excel in my career
Working in City of Cape town is good when you permanent cz your salary is enough for you bt when you are in Contract it bad cz you earn to little bt I can still work for cz I don't have nothing at the moment