City Of Ekurhuleni

City Of Ekurhuleni Employee Reviews

Educating people give the a weekends

Educating people was good n I also learned more about rouden how they live and how to clean our environment also clean how bins day to day close the gabs at the door remove dog food.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Office hours

My experience working for City of Ekurhuleni

Working for City of Ekurhuleni has been one of the best experiences,it helped me support my family and achieve some of the things I always wanted to do

Social Worker intern, administrator, Call Centre Agent & Care guver

I have 4 years of experience working as Social Worker. I have 4 years of experience as admin officer and 4years as a caregiver. I have excellent communication, listening and computer skills.I conduct counseling for individuals, families, groups and community. I work well with my colleagues. I have a team building skills and can work under pressure

Good learning experience

My time at the City of Ekurhuleni was a good experience and I learned a lot and I got to deal with a lot of different people who would come mostly looking for help and my job was to generally help out the Social Worker(s) I was working under. After helping out we wrote monthly reports on what has been happening during the month.

The working culture is excellent.

The workplace is conducive for working and it is user friendly with every aspect of the work, the hardest part in my work is dealing with difficult clients who come overwhelmed with their frustrations and then you have to bring them back to reality.

I got to understand the frustrations and needs of the commuters living in places where services are not well managed or properly delivered, I have also got exposed to adequately addressing people in very respective manner, listening and solving their problems without engaging to riots or violence, I have learnt to make people accept one another and have respect towards each other despites their cultures and customs.

Productive and good learning experience.

Good for self-growth and productive. Learn a lot about the Electricity as well as the different job description in various sections such as; LV, MV, PTM, Support Services and Metering.

I have learnt a lot and I had a good relationship with my former colleagues. I was a member health & safety committee which was tasked to identify potential risks and hazards in the workplace. My duties as a security clerk was to conduct safety and security observation, enforce security procedure, report safety and security incidents etc.

Limited growth opportunities

It's good company to work for but very limited opportunities for career advancement and growth. However they do offer bursaries to study further and improve your chances of career advancement else where.

Pros

Good salary package

Cons

Too much beauracracy

Gain good experience in the public sector

Office based mainly. Good mentorship from Senior staff. Based on needs acquired from public, good training and skills development programmes. normal 08:00 to 16:30 hours daily,

Hardworking, Productive and Very Focused.

I am currently working for City of Ekurhuleni as Project Manager, Administering Projects Management Office and deliver PMO support to CAPEX Programme

peaceful and clean workplace

I learn how to work under pressure to consolidate reports taking minutes in a meeting checking my emails more often and doing what is assigned to me in a timely manner and as expected.

Fun at work

I was enjoying work and I get experience how to work ,im working with a different people .I manage I till contract finish,salary is good for me,job culture so nice all people ovaralrating so good for all people

productive and fun

There are a lot of things I learned working at the city of ekurhuleni such as people's skills, working under pressure and without supervision. The management is so encouraging and supportive, they give ideas and assists where possible. It is so interesting because managers are not micromanaging their staff and they always celebrate the good production by taking the staff out on lunch and so fourth.

Good

Interesting experience Stable environment Progressive employer Large workforce with low general productivity Community generally not satisfied Unclear roles

I learned to be flexible at work independent to work on my own without supervision.I`m also good team player I Have a strong good administration skill

Pros

Uniform

Productive and fun workplace

Working here has helped a lot with my experience. I've managed to learn more on Computers and other devices than at college and my communication skills have improved. I learnt to think out of the box for most user problems at a speedier time rate.

Productive and well established

One of the busiest environments. One gets to consult more than 60 patients in a day which means poor quality of service rendered which I believe negatively impacts on my performance

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Clinic is always flooded with patients

Good working environment and culture

I work hand in hand with appointed PSP in delivering different stages of project stages. Before the PSP can move to the next stage, I assess and comment on the work done before they can advance to the follow on stage.

Pros

Learning

Cons

Beneficiary facilitation

Team work

The working environment is very easier to adjust and very easier to catch up and know work only if you determine. I've learnt a lot by using hand and know tools by heart which is the skill that I've gained.So far it was good but the bad thing we didn't have any mentor to gain that mentor-ship that coming from an experience person lots of thing were not provided. I was suppose to have my own tools and i was not provided because there was no person was looking after us. I enjoyed a lot when i was working out of the field to different kind of work and to find challenge when we do fault finding.

Great experience as the environment allows for a project manager to intensely be involved in theprojects.

Managing project that are multidisciplinary, great work experience. I am working with professionals in the built environment on various project, it is challenging to manage such team yet very fulfilling.

Pros

working with varuous stakeholders in projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Of Ekurhuleni. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2