City Of Tshwane Metropolitan municipality

City Of Tshwane Metropolitan municipality Employee Reviews

South Africa53 reviews
Educative and Flexibility
it was great working in COT especially being under the good management and still having a chance of studying in what you are working with, so as to empower yourself.
5,0
It is a very good place to familiarize a student from school with the quarry mining industry. Also to gain experience on blasting, hauling, crushing and screening.
Library Assistant
Library assistant helps with all the admin done in the Library and book shelving accordingly to DDC law, Banking, Filling, Telephone, emails and membership. Reading competition, Displays and programmes in local schools.
4,0
Very proactive, gaining more knowledge
I've gained more knowledge and always look forward to get to work. Always attending trainings to have more skills and know how the system works. Our managers are always willing to help at all times. The hardest part of the job is that we always have to meet the deadline so that we can have service delivery as the municipality.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Normal Hours
4,0
High pace job, high level liaisons, many functions and special events.
No one day is the same at work. High volume work runs through my office. My external clients are commercial, industrial and VIP clients; Embassies, Ambassadors and Diplomats. Strategic and crisis management are a daily given. I have the freedom to make decisions within the policy boundaries. I work 24/7. My office is based in a friendly work environment and my wide spread team is very cooperative. My second group of clients is the internal crowd. I link with all the Departments in the Council, the office of the Mayor, the Members of the Mayoral Committee, Ward Counselors, the office of the City Manager, Department of International Relations and the media therefore I have to administer excellent relationships with everyone to keep the work flowing. One has to stay focused under tremendous stress and in perilous times. My clients are very demanding which is absolutely understandable. The aim of any business is to make money and when the city services fail they encounter a loss in revenue. Absent knowledge compels me to do ongoing research. Learning how to get something done via another Department has enriched my knowledge and I like that. I enjoy the extremely difficult situations which I have to resolve every day. The satisfaction of another satisfied client is most rewarding. I also do special projects like the Embassy National Days and Sport Events which I thoroughly enjoy.
2,0
No recognition or opportunities for career growth
I honestly feel oppressed, there are no advancement opportunities and no matter how much effort you put in or how qualified you get no body cares. Most often than not, some people get more over-utilized while not getting rewarded for their hard work
Pros
Competitive fringe benefits
Cons
No recognition for hard work and high performance
Good company
Good employer just need to grow. City of Tshwane exposed me to various experience and I'm grateful for that. I have been working for City of Tshwane for nearly 20 years and I'm grateful for exposure.
Productive workplace
Typical day would be to start with the urgent matters first . What I have learned is to prioritise and be able to work under pressure. Team work was very important and management was always there to give guidance. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with difficult motorists and dangerous situations. The most enjoyable was to deal with a variety of people and learning on the job something new every day.
Productive and fun workplace
It has build me to a better person and today I've learned so much skills such as good communication, team work as well great customer service and care
Fire fighter and rescue
I have enjoyed working here for the past eleven years of experience and I am still working here and enjoying myself. But I need a new challenge and to meet new people and new environment. I don't regret working for the biggest municipality in the country.
fun and productive environment
Positive and energetic
to be an initiator and a winner

more democratic

people work on their own pace and managers do push people

you don't really get full support where you lack
Pros
free lunch
2,0
Energetic and Teamwork workplace
We all have our own duties but at the end of the day , we work as a team .
Performed task daily.

Time management is our first priority.

We juggle work Professionally and help each other.

I learned to respect others people presents and work.

I also learned how to handle Customers in different ways.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when i received mails , Phone calls , in and out Clients , dealing with different complaint and meetings.
productive and enjoyable environment
a very enjoyable working place,there is always that one client who makes you happy,especially old people. there is lot of department connected to each other
Quarry operations
Meeting with mine inspector from DMR,
Learned about regulations,

Managed quarry material,

Delayed payment to our Contractors

Archived goal in mining
Fun and Productive
A day at Tshwane was worth every moment. I've learned how to engage with people, the societies in Tshwane.
Management was great they know how to treat their staff and also people of the community. The workplace culture they stand by it and that is to encourage people to pay and keep track of their municipal accounts. The hardest job was working with elderly people because they say they pay but don't see what is it they pay for for ,I hard to make them understand how is that so ,what is it they must do.

Enjoyable part was going to all 9 regions of Tshwane ans interacting with people, entertaining them.
Pros
Free lunch and Transport
3,0
Its reliable
It gives us experience, we really learn a lot.
We have new work each and everyday.

They allow us to experience and give us a chance to learn, the most important thing is experience. The experience that we have is durable.
productive
conducting inspections at food and non-food premises to ensure compliance with the legislations. collect samples to monitor food and water quality,investigate environmental pollution complaints
5,0
Productive n fun work place
It was really a short great experience. I would love to get a permant job there, their work place its fun i enjoyed everything unfortunately it was a contract
3,0
Maintainance planner/ Artisan assistant
we had busy days when many vehicles have scheduled fo services and enjoyed when we do engines more unlike minor services and hardest part iswhen parts are delivered late or they supply cheap parts and vehicles have to back for the same thing in months time*(return job).
Pros
Cons
no overtime because they could not pay extra hours
Productive and enjoyable
Assisting employees with HR enquiries, Capturing leaves on the SAP system ,Ensuring that employees sign attendance registers, Sending daily report reports to my supervisors.

I learned professionalism, Time management, How to work on the SAP System for data capturing, Recruitment and selection process, compiling reports.

The management was good In terms of insuring that interns are learning and acquiring skills.

The hard thing about the job was the work load which we managed and made sure that we write a to-do list everyday.the salary was also the hard part as I was earning R2000.00

The best part was the knowledge and the skills I acquired ,The opportunity to work there and be trained by their good mentors
Pros
Good Mentors
Nice place
Long hours . Very good salary. No time off. No leave, No lunch. No break.Management make a pleasure to work there. We had lots off fun. Like to work there again with better hours
Pros
good management
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Of Tshwane Metropolitan municipality. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1