City Of Tshwane Metropolitan municipality
4,2 out of 5 stars.

City Of Tshwane Metropolitan municipality Employee Reviews

South Africa58 reviews

4,0Work-Life Balance

It feels like home. The the benefits are so nice. The salary is fine if you are a permanent worker. You get salary incriment. You don't work on weekends

It was a chance of a lifetime and would give anything to work there because there is benefits for a lifetime and you have security I also learned a lot and you do your job with pleasure

Pros

Free advice

Not productive

A lot of unfairness, no promotions and rewards for good job and achievements. No recognition. People are not given a chance to progress. A lot of times you don't work on planning or diary, but you work now now. Planning is a challenge.Working conditions were your profession needs privacy they are no offices provided.Limited resources needed for work are not provided for.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Too much work with no clear direction.

Fun working place

There are many wonderful thing about working at Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality. My favorite was probably Ithe flexibility I had with my hours. I also love the company culture nd and I enjoyed working everyone. A lot of employees love their jobs because it looks great on a resume and allow them to gain a lot of knowledge

Pros

Free lunch from boses

Cons

Normal hours

Productive, thought provoking and goal orientated

Great environment to work in, though there's less job growth, there's still satisfactory found in their remuneration. Their working conditions however are exceptional

Educative and Flexibility

it was great working in COT especially being under the good management and still having a chance of studying in what you are working with, so as to empower yourself.

It is a very good place to familiarize a student from school with the quarry mining industry. Also to gain experience on blasting, hauling, crushing and screening.

Library Assistant

Library assistant helps with all the admin done in the Library and book shelving accordingly to DDC law, Banking, Filling, Telephone, emails and membership. Reading competition, Displays and programmes in local schools.

Very proactive, gaining more knowledge

I've gained more knowledge and always look forward to get to work. Always attending trainings to have more skills and know how the system works. Our managers are always willing to help at all times. The hardest part of the job is that we always have to meet the deadline so that we can have service delivery as the municipality.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Normal Hours

High pace job, high level liaisons, many functions and special events.

No one day is the same at work. High volume work runs through my office. My external clients are commercial, industrial and VIP clients; Embassies, Ambassadors and Diplomats. Strategic and crisis management are a daily given. I have the freedom to make decisions within the policy boundaries. I work 24/7. My office is based in a friendly work environment and my wide spread team is very cooperative. My second group of clients is the internal crowd. I link with all the Departments in the Council, the office of the Mayor, the Members of the Mayoral Committee, Ward Counselors, the office of the City Manager, Department of International Relations and the media therefore I have to administer excellent relationships with everyone to keep the work flowing. One has to stay focused under tremendous stress and in perilous times. My clients are very demanding which is absolutely understandable. The aim of any business is to make money and when the city services fail they encounter a loss in revenue. Absent knowledge compels me to do ongoing research. Learning how to get something done via another Department has enriched my knowledge and I like that. I enjoy the extremely difficult situations which I have to resolve every day. The satisfaction of another satisfied client is most rewarding. I also do special projects like the Embassy National Days and Sport Events which I thoroughly enjoy.

No recognition or opportunities for career growth

I honestly feel oppressed, there are no advancement opportunities and no matter how much effort you put in or how qualified you get no body cares. Most often than not, some people get more over-utilized while not getting rewarded for their hard work

Pros

Competitive fringe benefits

Cons

No recognition for hard work and high performance

Good company

Good employer just need to grow. City of Tshwane exposed me to various experience and I'm grateful for that. I have been working for City of Tshwane for nearly 20 years and I'm grateful for exposure.

Productive workplace

Typical day would be to start with the urgent matters first . What I have learned is to prioritise and be able to work under pressure. Team work was very important and management was always there to give guidance. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with difficult motorists and dangerous situations. The most enjoyable was to deal with a variety of people and learning on the job something new every day.

Productive and fun workplace

It has build me to a better person and today I've learned so much skills such as good communication, team work as well great customer service and care

Fire fighter and rescue

I have enjoyed working here for the past eleven years of experience and I am still working here and enjoying myself. But I need a new challenge and to meet new people and new environment. I don't regret working for the biggest municipality in the country.

fun and productive environment

Positive and energetic to be an initiator and a winner more democratic people work on their own pace and managers do push people you don't really get full support where you lack

Pros

free lunch

Energetic and Teamwork workplace

We all have our own duties but at the end of the day , we work as a team . Performed task daily. Time management is our first priority. We juggle work Professionally and help each other. I learned to respect others people presents and work. I also learned how to handle Customers in different ways. The most enjoyable part of the job is when i received mails , Phone calls , in and out Clients , dealing with different complaint and meetings.

productive and enjoyable environment

a very enjoyable working place,there is always that one client who makes you happy,especially old people. there is lot of department connected to each other

Quarry operations

Meeting with mine inspector from DMR, Learned about regulations, Managed quarry material, Delayed payment to our Contractors Archived goal in mining

Fun and Productive

A day at Tshwane was worth every moment. I've learned how to engage with people, the societies in Tshwane. Management was great they know how to treat their staff and also people of the community. The workplace culture they stand by it and that is to encourage people to pay and keep track of their municipal accounts. The hardest job was working with elderly people because they say they pay but don't see what is it they pay for for ,I hard to make them understand how is that so ,what is it they must do. Enjoyable part was going to all 9 regions of Tshwane ans interacting with people, entertaining them.

Pros

Free lunch and Transport

Its reliable

It gives us experience, we really learn a lot. We have new work each and everyday. They allow us to experience and give us a chance to learn, the most important thing is experience. The experience that we have is durable.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Of Tshwane Metropolitan municipality. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance