Clicks Group Limited

Clicks Group Limited Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Shop Assistant49 reviews
South Africa49 reviews

3,1Work-Life Balance

Draining but can be fun with an awesome team.

It really depends on the store that one works at. Some mangers are amazing some are really horrible. Otherwise in terms of working conditions and pay Clicks is just a typical retail but one thing for sure there are lots of opportunities for growth for those that don't wanna be cashiers forever.

Very good company

Clicks was one of the best jobs I've had. I really enjoyed working there. I would definitely recommend working at clicks to anyone who's currently looking for a job. You won't regret it.

Was not the best place to work at

Long hours but they do provide transport money if you knock off late and If it wasn't for some individuals it would have been a nice place to work at.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Terrible Management

Fun but challenging

I used to enjoy working for Clicks but now it's unbearable. Due to management and staff politics. We are not given the right guidance for training so we can grow. Being an all rounder from receiving the DC and helping customers on the floor and packing my section plus still be on the till. But comes month end my salary is basic income. We robbed with hours 9 to 17:30. Married with 2 kids and to taking home R3500 or R3200 is hard. Only his favorite staff are trained and sign off. From last year I asked for training I was told that to many people are trained in our store. I'm fed up of Clicks management like to save to much and cut our overtime.

Wack

Just don't go here unless you are very desperate. One weekend off in the week, terrible salary, have to stay later if customers don't want to leave. Just don't.

Great people make the place superb

Working at Clicks was the best feeling ever but I realized that people don't leave difficult and less paying jobs they leave self centered arrogant managers who won't admit to even a simple mistake. I hated the way the company treats casuals I cannot work the whole month and only receive 25% of my salary and get the rest the following month that is just rubbish. Overall I love the company and the family culture that is there at Elim Mall.

Pros

Great supportive team

Cons

Bad management

Team work can be fun

Being in retail is not easy but it can be very stressful. Customers are at times very rude shouting and going on and you as employees must just be quiet. Clicks can be so much better and more productive if the company only take the staff in consideration. The salary that's paid is not enough for cost of living. Ontop the company dnt easily promote staff rather want them to apply for positions then at the end not being selected as they take outsiders.

Pros

Medical aid and staff discount.

Cons

To much expectation for little money.

Productive and wonderful workplace

Great place to work at. The management is hands on and doesn’t make you feel like they are managers. The employees get along well and you never feel like you don’t belong as a Flexi Shop assistant. Training is provided before start working full hours. The training includes working with a permanent employee who guides you on how to pack stock and train you as to how to ensure that you provide good customer service.

Cons

Standing the whole day.

Work was productive but no fun

It was not fun working there because of salary,There is no peace.long hours and also multitasking at the same time. There is no team work , always complaining about the salary we work more hours and with a little of salary.we always getting alots of customer complaints an etc..there is also no basic salary we get different salaries every month.. management doesn't allow the stuff member's to come up with the good ideas on how to do better sales and service

Pros

Lunch are normal 1 hour 30min

Cons

We work as one family and we must sure everyone is happy

The retailer grown me internal and I'm keep on growing daily and respect is a key at clicks 0337 and we are team which have same purposes and I enjoy to work with the company

Pros

Carry your own lunch

Cons

8 hours 5 days per work 20 days per month

Productive and fun workplace

I really enjoyed working there. Its free place nd I loved engaging with customers. Gaining expirience in operating an electronic till. And packing the stock.

I learned a lot at Clicks, and the management is not bad their work is so stressful but still they manage to help us out. The hardest part of the job is when we don't meet the sales and targets

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

They should prioritize the staff members also.

I think we are oppressed by the management of individual stores. They don't communicate with the staff, decisions and communications are not shared with the staff members. Changes are made for example :cutting hours and salaries have affected us so bad, yet they don't explain anything to anyone.

fun work

Working at clicks was fun to me , I was treated fairly,clicks taught me so many things about business , I really enjoyed working with a group of people

Pros

Stuff party

Cons

Over times

Fair

Working for clicks it was amazing.. making sure that aisle are near and stock is perfectly packed and handling of cash flow making sure that you balance at the end of the day it was a best experience

Experience as a shop assistant

This was a learning experience for as it was my very first job. The festive season is usually busy for retail so I had to learn things fast to keep the store running smoothly.

Pros

Learning how retail operates im ground level

Cons

Stressful because customers are difficult

Opportunity to learn more

You learn more at clicks and u gain more experience in customer service their customers come first. You need to always look professional and visiolent

Clicks is not reliable.

This company is not so decent as it looks outside. Its one of the hard organisation to work for. The work is a lot but never get enough salary, for minor errors counselling are issued out to staff.

Somewhat unpleasant working experience

I briefly worked at clicks for 6 months. Through this working experience I learned a lot about my strengths and weakness and my optical goal in my next working environment and in life.

Challenging

You do everything run the checkout shopfloor there's room for growth and development excellent customs service t all time more importantly both customers and employees must be treated with respect

Good environment

Great workplace ,i enjoyed working there with great staff.i was working there during festive season. It s a fast paced and challenging environment that allows u to learn

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clicks Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance