Clicks Group Limited

South Africa241 reviews

Clear
3,2Work-Life Balance
2,9Pay & Benefits

Was not the best place to work at

Long hours but they do provide transport money if you knock off late and If it wasn't for some individuals it would have been a nice place to work at.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Terrible Management

Fun but challenging

I used to enjoy working for Clicks but now it's unbearable. Due to management and staff politics. We are not given the right guidance for training so we can grow. Being an all rounder from receiving the DC and helping customers on the floor and packing my section plus still be on the till. But comes month end my salary is basic income. We robbed with hours 9 to 17:30. Married with 2 kids and to taking home R3500 or R3200 is hard. Only his favorite staff are trained and sign off. From last year I asked for training I was told that to many people are trained in our store. I'm fed up of Clicks management like to save to much and cut our overtime.

Wack

Just don't go here unless you are very desperate. One weekend off in the week, terrible salary, have to stay later if customers don't want to leave. Just don't.

Great people make the place superb

Working at Clicks was the best feeling ever but I realized that people don't leave difficult and less paying jobs they leave self centered arrogant managers who won't admit to even a simple mistake. I hated the way the company treats casuals I cannot work the whole month and only receive 25% of my salary and get the rest the following month that is just rubbish. Overall I love the company and the family culture that is there at Elim Mall.

Pros

Great supportive team

Cons

Bad management

Team work can be fun

Being in retail is not easy but it can be very stressful. Customers are at times very rude shouting and going on and you as employees must just be quiet. Clicks can be so much better and more productive if the company only take the staff in consideration. The salary that's paid is not enough for cost of living. Ontop the company dnt easily promote staff rather want them to apply for positions then at the end not being selected as they take outsiders.

Pros

Medical aid and staff discount.

Cons

To much expectation for little money.

Had fun at work with my collegues until I was forced to resign

Clicks is a great company to work with. It depend on the manager in charge, I only enjoyed myself for few months until I was threatened by my managers sister and was forced to resign with immediate effect.

Pros

No free lunches which was never a problem to me

Cons

I worked long hours but my salary wasn't corresponding with the hours.

There's a lot of racism and less salary compared to its competitors

It's better working for this company as a locum because as a permanent staff it's alot of work and less pay. Most of the dispensaries are short staffed and the work load is a lot for the staff

Pros

You get exposed to alot medication and prescriptions which enhances your knowledge

Cons

Racism, Less pay, Unecessary paperwork

Very challenging

It a very very fast paced environment. You need a lot of focus, must be very fast at all times. Target is required every time. Salary is very low compared to the amount of work you need to accomplish

Pros

Free bread

Cons

Long working hours

High workload

Work more than 5 people workload and get under payed salary is a norm. Impliment new SOP's more often and put employee's job security at risk all the time is the wirst strategy used .

Pros

Breadfload

Cons

One hour

Work was productive but no fun

It was not fun working there because of salary,There is no peace.long hours and also multitasking at the same time. There is no team work , always complaining about the salary we work more hours and with a little of salary.we always getting alots of customer complaints an etc..there is also no basic salary we get different salaries every month.. management doesn't allow the stuff member's to come up with the good ideas on how to do better sales and service

Pros

Lunch are normal 1 hour 30min

Zero growth

You pay for your own healthcare and retirement plan, they company makes you think your retirement fund will be a joint effort but it’s not and that failure of them to disclose all of this really just ruins your life basically.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Awful pay

Bad working environment

Flexi timers don't get bonuses, they are blamed for everything . Management doesn't treat people the same they insult people who have qualifications and laugh at them.

Cons

Long hours and less pay

Productive but not a nice place to be.

Clicks as the company are good to their customers. But as an employee. , I don't feel that the company is good enough to their own people that work at the company. Besides the 'benefits' that come with the contract that's the only 'good' part for the workers. As per everything else that comes with working at Clicks where work and what you earn is concerned , I wouldn't say that's up to standard as an employee.

Pros

Cons

Amount of energy and effort put into the production compared to what i get paid monthly

I learned a lot at Clicks, and the management is not bad their work is so stressful but still they manage to help us out. The hardest part of the job is when we don't meet the sales and targets

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Always at work, less time for entertainment and fun

The fact that the bathrooms are next to the kitchen, it is a very turn off and that every kind of management have an access to dispensary and have power to control it is against the pharmacy council law.The long hours are tiring, no time for the family it is a no no

Pros

Yes they do offer tea allowance. On that one thank you Clicks 👏

Cons

Long hours yhooo are not bearable, that the most thing I hate about Clicks

Frustrating, no access to personal life

UnhappyNo stimulating and drive to move forward. It kicks you out instead No problems dealing with customers, it's just your life is on a pause to a salary that didn't even cover up for life's demands.

Pros

Cons

Long working hours

Not that great

Management do not stick to HR laws eg Basic conditions of employment Act. Generally I enjoyed being a beauty consultant because I'm passionate about it.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Long hours and do not get paid for overtime

productive and tiring

i have learnt good management skills , managing large team and working well under pressure.The long hours are tiring and can create a lot of sicknesses and you spend more hours standing

Cons

It's bearable although there's usually a lot of work.

It's kind of a good paying job if you don't have many responsibilities, but it differs from person to person. The environments we live in are not the same.

Pros

It's not everyone's job, at least you are able to earn a standard salary every week .

Cons

The salary rates are quite low compared to the amount of work that is done .

the culture deends on the team/store you have

Clicks Group was a good company to work for. Professional growth is limited. Package Benefits are non-existent. the working hours are long but expected as it is retail.

Rating of 2

Business is high pressured and poor work/life balance. Remunaration and benefits can be better. It's a stable institution to work for with opportunity for growth for lower positions in the business: advancement is limited the higher the position.

Pros

Stable institution

Cons

Strenous work culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clicks Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,2 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance