Coega Development Corporation

Coega Development Corporation Employee Reviews

South Africa59 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Company is good

Good company with good processes in place, just the people and management too much casual sometimes and lots of favoritism when it comes to promotions

Fun place to work in and the environment is subtle and adaptable.

It's a great company to work for and the bosses are approachable and helps when an intern is struggling with some work etc.I really enjoyed working there and gain experience.

Wasn't difficult but competitively because of different cultures and race

Wasn't difficult but competitive advantage to white and coloured people because they have facilitator who is a thier culture and we did try to prove that is not about them its about how you want the skill

Good Learning Environment And A Fun Workplace

Got Exposure To A Lot Of Things In The Electrical Trade. My Interest Of Becoming A Qualified Electrician Started Here. We Built Our Own Panels From Scratch. It Was A Very Good Experience or Should Say The Best Training Experience Ever That I've Received At Coega. I Think The Kind Of People That I Was In Class With Also Made It So Worthwhile. The Facilitators And Management Also Made Us Feel At Home.

Pros

Good Quality Tools And Clean Facilities

Cons

When The Stipend Didn't Come Through As Expected In Some Of The Month Ends.

Productive and professional workspace, that respects its employees

Working for Coega is a dream came through or me. It is everything one would want in an organisation. There is so much room for growth. I loved mostly working independently, with a guidance from my bosses. The work culture here is phenomenal, support from seniors is amazing.

Productive, Personal Development and very fun environment

Everyday was the best day of my life. I have learnt everything I know about my field of study and career there, I have grown so much that I am very confident about my skills.

I had great experience at Coega

I was an intern there, specialising in debt collection. Chasing late payments & processing monthly recons. Also processing cash book on a daily basis.

Very good

Very good company to work for and very focused on employees and equality. Good work personal balance. Needs better leadership in some areas but not bad

Was learning things like pipe fitting

Was nice working there they took as a storeman though I think I was hired as a welder cause that's what I apply for but I did not speak cause was great full for the work i never received any bonus or holiday pay after speaking out they never phone me to come back

It was nice working there I had a great time with everyone who were my colleagues

The most thing I liked about this company it's their good company reputation, The work they are doing to the Youth Graduates. They give them a chance to get as much experience as they can. They equip them with working industry as a whole and also they are develop their careers with driving skills.

Forward Looking unappreciated Organisation

the CDC is an SOE that is run by long term management with personal links to each other. It is run professionally and attempts to do the best by its employees, Senior Management have an open mind and look forward to growing employees. Pay is excellent and benefits are above par, mentorship needs to be worked on and standard work ethic for an SOE in South Africa is abound. With all that i would grade the CDC as a growing entity that has high admirable goals.

Work Balance

The work balance must be improved, the work is demanding and you have to work long hours. There are interesting projects if you are interested in project management and Construction. There are opportunities for young professionals. There are endless opportunities in project management

As a trainee / Learner I won't say much bt being in the electrical apprentice at Coega has been an honor .

I have nothing much to say as A Trainee / Learner but the culture there is fine and also the environment itself . Electrical Facilitators there are the best I am honored to be coached by them in the electrical trade . I have learned a lot from them .They always thought me that safety comes first .

Productive and Challenging place

A typical day at work involves creating and updating As - Is process maps and procedure for the Department of Public Works; setting up sessions for Workshops to solicit requirements from the client representatives Furthermore, the work involved analysing the client's strategy, the KPIs to ensure that the To Be processes were aligned and supported the strategy fully. The hardest part about this job W the activity of building previously severed relationships with the client. And the most enjoyable part of the job was when the client was finally happy with the product.

Pros

Closure during December Holidays

Cons

Long Hours

A good workplace to be

Coega development corporation is a very innovative company. There is not a single day when I would feel like I should not have joined the company. I learned that we should quit from treating bosses as enemies, let our bosses or superiors be our friends for the is no way that one should cooperate successfully with someone that she / he has no close and healthy working relationship with. Pertaining to the firms management I consider their way of operation excellent in various ways. The most challenging part of the job is when you ought to take decisions about a certain matter. The most enjoyable part was that the job ushers you closer to your career goals for you deal with matters that need one to brainstorm before agreeing or disagreeing with anything put on the table.

Cons

working away from residence for days and even for weeks.

it is so interesting to work there

It took all my concentration as it was my first time to be on a newly built structure from the leveling phase. i had a lot of courage from my colleagues as we were working together. we had a great management which was so approachable in many ways. sometimes we had to work alone without laborers due to local problems.

Pros

especially when we having site meetings

Cons

we we behind the working schedule, so we had to work long hours

Very productive company to be in

The good part is you had to meeet new people and be a team player.also you must willing to work over time if required by the company. and be a team player

Pros

free meals

Cons

more overtime hours

work with your ideas, create your own working plan

I will like to work freely, I would like to work under pressure from work, not to feel pressure from the supervisor or the manager. I'm will to give all my time on my job.

Pros

free hour of lunch

Productive place

Big organization and good company to become a hardworking employee. Management can get better but overall I have learnt a lot and I have a deeper understanding of what is required of me in the workplace as opposed to the theory you learn at a university.

Pros

Exposure

Cons

Salary

Terrible to work there

Soul sucking & depressing. Everyone is concerned with climbing to the top, not caring who they have to back-stab to get there. Run like a dictatorship.

productive and nice work place

It is great for working for this company and also employees and management is friendly and they working as a team, also willing to train staff at all times when starting at the Company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coega Development Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance