Coega Development Corporation

South Africa59 reviews

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,7Culture

Wasn't difficult but competitively because of different cultures and race

Wasn't difficult but competitive advantage to white and coloured people because they have facilitator who is a thier culture and we did try to prove that is not about them its about how you want the skill

Productive and professional workspace, that respects its employees

Working for Coega is a dream came through or me. It is everything one would want in an organisation. There is so much room for growth. I loved mostly working independently, with a guidance from my bosses. The work culture here is phenomenal, support from seniors is amazing.

As a trainee / Learner I won't say much bt being in the electrical apprentice at Coega has been an honor .

I have nothing much to say as A Trainee / Learner but the culture there is fine and also the environment itself . Electrical Facilitators there are the best I am honored to be coached by them in the electrical trade . I have learned a lot from them .They always thought me that safety comes first .

Very productive company to be in

The good part is you had to meeet new people and be a team player.also you must willing to work over time if required by the company. and be a team player

Pros

free meals

Cons

more overtime hours

productive and nice work place

It is great for working for this company and also employees and management is friendly and they working as a team, also willing to train staff at all times when starting at the Company.

Productive and Fun

Typical day - I have not had one yet. I learnt time management. Management is fine. The hardest part is not getting salary increase and bonus because I'm on contract so I do not have any benefits.. I enjoy every moment

Pros

Cons

All is good

Embraced Japanese culture and values, very supportive

No two days the same as the shipping environment is ever changing with many diverse challenges. Management was innovative and very forward thinking. My co-workers although challenging things at times were always very supportive and understanding. The hardest part was probably merging the South African and Japanese cultures and understanding each others thinking processes. Because of its diversity the logistics was varied from landside to sea operations and because of this i was able to learn a great deal about the maritime environment and its specific requirements

Pros

Friendly environment, Professional, Innovative and pro active organisation

Cons

long hours no overtime

Fast paced, high energy workplace

High energy, great networking and pressurised invironment. If you are able to run with Specialists across the organisation, your career will definitely be advanced. This is an environment for people who play and work hard!

Pros

Great environment for learning, Collaborative approach to achieving organisational goals, Team players and Great leadership

Cons

Ongoing pressure, frequest last minute travel

Growth in the workplace

In this job I have learned a lot, invoices, dealing with clients also how to solve problems. The people I work with are understanding easy to work with. The most enjoyable is when I have to start a new task and have to try and deliver on time.

Pros

activities

Great place to grow

Typical day at work is doing your day to day duties, as it was my first job in an office environment i got exposed to a lot such as presentation skills and business etiquette. We are being encouraged to grow and learn as much as we can, management is supportive towards their interns. I can say a have found my self a second family, my co-workers are motivational and they are not afraid to correct you when you are doing things the wrong way. I wouldn't say its the hardest, when you are doing something new for the first time its always not the easiest but practice makes perfect. I enjoy learning and experiencing new things through my internship programme.

Highly competitive workforce

A typical day at work always held the element of surprise with one having to be in a position to provide information and coordination support to various Business Units within the organisation. I have learnt to be open and to a degree expect anything other than the predictable environment others may experience. This has allowed me to develop problem solving skills, being able to multi-task and addressing issues as they are brought to our attention. On a management perspective, I have learnt to be able to differentiate between urgency of matters and providing support, feedback and reports to both the Executive and Unit Head of our department. The environment may at times be quite competitive and personal drive of colleagues quite high. This resulted in the team being extremely driven and academically hungry with the hope of career advancement. Teamwork at this juncture was of the essence and one needed to make information required available as soon as a specific outcome was highlighted. The hardest part of the job for me was knowing that due the our staff compliment, within the BU - a fairly middle aged group, the wait for career growth would not come by very easily. The aggresive environment resulted in high levels of competitivenes, with a staff always advancing academically. So in order for any future consideration, one would have to continuously develop oneself. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with new graduates, their enthusiasm, drive and excitement to be part of the CDC Internship Programme. I loved the energy and creative ideas -

Pros

Excellent exposure and access to management expertise

Cons

At times very long hours and weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coega Development Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,5 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,8 out of 5 stars for Management
3,7 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Coega Development Corporation
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?