Coega Development Corporation

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,3Job Security & Advancement

Company is good

Good company with good processes in place, just the people and management too much casual sometimes and lots of favoritism when it comes to promotions

Fun place to work in and the environment is subtle and adaptable.

It's a great company to work for and the bosses are approachable and helps when an intern is struggling with some work etc.I really enjoyed working there and gain experience.

Wasn't difficult but competitively because of different cultures and race

Wasn't difficult but competitive advantage to white and coloured people because they have facilitator who is a thier culture and we did try to prove that is not about them its about how you want the skill

Good Learning Environment And A Fun Workplace

Got Exposure To A Lot Of Things In The Electrical Trade. My Interest Of Becoming A Qualified Electrician Started Here. We Built Our Own Panels From Scratch. It Was A Very Good Experience or Should Say The Best Training Experience Ever That I've Received At Coega. I Think The Kind Of People That I Was In Class With Also Made It So Worthwhile. The Facilitators And Management Also Made Us Feel At Home.

Pros

Good Quality Tools And Clean Facilities

Cons

When The Stipend Didn't Come Through As Expected In Some Of The Month Ends.

Productive and professional workspace, that respects its employees

Working for Coega is a dream came through or me. It is everything one would want in an organisation. There is so much room for growth. I loved mostly working independently, with a guidance from my bosses. The work culture here is phenomenal, support from seniors is amazing.

Productive, Personal Development and very fun environment

Everyday was the best day of my life. I have learnt everything I know about my field of study and career there, I have grown so much that I am very confident about my skills.

Very good

Very good company to work for and very focused on employees and equality. Good work personal balance. Needs better leadership in some areas but not bad

Was learning things like pipe fitting

Was nice working there they took as a storeman though I think I was hired as a welder cause that's what I apply for but I did not speak cause was great full for the work i never received any bonus or holiday pay after speaking out they never phone me to come back

It was nice working there I had a great time with everyone who were my colleagues

The most thing I liked about this company it's their good company reputation, The work they are doing to the Youth Graduates. They give them a chance to get as much experience as they can. They equip them with working industry as a whole and also they are develop their careers with driving skills.

Work Balance

The work balance must be improved, the work is demanding and you have to work long hours. There are interesting projects if you are interested in project management and Construction. There are opportunities for young professionals. There are endless opportunities in project management

As a trainee / Learner I won't say much bt being in the electrical apprentice at Coega has been an honor .

I have nothing much to say as A Trainee / Learner but the culture there is fine and also the environment itself . Electrical Facilitators there are the best I am honored to be coached by them in the electrical trade . I have learned a lot from them .They always thought me that safety comes first .

A good workplace to be

Coega development corporation is a very innovative company. There is not a single day when I would feel like I should not have joined the company. I learned that we should quit from treating bosses as enemies, let our bosses or superiors be our friends for the is no way that one should cooperate successfully with someone that she / he has no close and healthy working relationship with. Pertaining to the firms management I consider their way of operation excellent in various ways. The most challenging part of the job is when you ought to take decisions about a certain matter. The most enjoyable part was that the job ushers you closer to your career goals for you deal with matters that need one to brainstorm before agreeing or disagreeing with anything put on the table.

Cons

working away from residence for days and even for weeks.

Productive place

Big organization and good company to become a hardworking employee. Management can get better but overall I have learnt a lot and I have a deeper understanding of what is required of me in the workplace as opposed to the theory you learn at a university.

Pros

Exposure

Cons

Salary

Great company to work for

The Coega Development Corporation is a great company to work for. Independence allow one to complete tasks is aplenty and the company invests in its staff. Besides being a government agency productivity is important and stakeholder management and receives the attention it deserves.

Pros

Education, managment support, cultire, performancw driven.

Cons

Not forgiving, communication, self promotion

It is one of the best companies to work for, they know how to take care of their employees. There is room for growth. I moved from being an Assistant Quality Assurance Manager to being a Manager in the 2 1/2 years I have been working with them.

Development Focus

It is a good Company for self and career development. The management is career focus and tools and benefits are good. The opportunities are great and fulfilling.

Fast paced, high energy workplace

High energy, great networking and pressurised invironment. If you are able to run with Specialists across the organisation, your career will definitely be advanced. This is an environment for people who play and work hard!

Pros

Great environment for learning, Collaborative approach to achieving organisational goals, Team players and Great leadership

Cons

Ongoing pressure, frequest last minute travel

productive

coega is a very good company to people who want to get a skill because I can say I can even recommend as one of the good company to give skill to those who need, they can even give skill of driving to people

Pros

not a free lunch

Cons

short hours

it is a good company

The works are creative and very innovative. It gives young people many opportunities to grow. it gives employees training in various departments, so to empower them and expose them to many things

Pros

Innovative

Great place to grow

Typical day at work is doing your day to day duties, as it was my first job in an office environment i got exposed to a lot such as presentation skills and business etiquette. We are being encouraged to grow and learn as much as we can, management is supportive towards their interns. I can say a have found my self a second family, my co-workers are motivational and they are not afraid to correct you when you are doing things the wrong way. I wouldn't say its the hardest, when you are doing something new for the first time its always not the easiest but practice makes perfect. I enjoy learning and experiencing new things through my internship programme.

Gain Experiance quickly and work in productive environment

theres is a room for improvement and we encouraged to go to school to finish our degrees and expand our knowledge and experiance.

Pros

teamBuildings

Cons

Standard Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coega Development Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance