Coega Development Corporation

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,8Management

Company is good

Good company with good processes in place, just the people and management too much casual sometimes and lots of favoritism when it comes to promotions

Good Learning Environment And A Fun Workplace

Got Exposure To A Lot Of Things In The Electrical Trade. My Interest Of Becoming A Qualified Electrician Started Here. We Built Our Own Panels From Scratch. It Was A Very Good Experience or Should Say The Best Training Experience Ever That I've Received At Coega. I Think The Kind Of People That I Was In Class With Also Made It So Worthwhile. The Facilitators And Management Also Made Us Feel At Home.

Pros

Good Quality Tools And Clean Facilities

Cons

When The Stipend Didn't Come Through As Expected In Some Of The Month Ends.

Forward Looking unappreciated Organisation

the CDC is an SOE that is run by long term management with personal links to each other. It is run professionally and attempts to do the best by its employees, Senior Management have an open mind and look forward to growing employees. Pay is excellent and benefits are above par, mentorship needs to be worked on and standard work ethic for an SOE in South Africa is abound. With all that i would grade the CDC as a growing entity that has high admirable goals.

Work Balance

The work balance must be improved, the work is demanding and you have to work long hours. There are interesting projects if you are interested in project management and Construction. There are opportunities for young professionals. There are endless opportunities in project management

A good workplace to be

Coega development corporation is a very innovative company. There is not a single day when I would feel like I should not have joined the company. I learned that we should quit from treating bosses as enemies, let our bosses or superiors be our friends for the is no way that one should cooperate successfully with someone that she / he has no close and healthy working relationship with. Pertaining to the firms management I consider their way of operation excellent in various ways. The most challenging part of the job is when you ought to take decisions about a certain matter. The most enjoyable part was that the job ushers you closer to your career goals for you deal with matters that need one to brainstorm before agreeing or disagreeing with anything put on the table.

Cons

working away from residence for days and even for weeks.

it is so interesting to work there

It took all my concentration as it was my first time to be on a newly built structure from the leveling phase. i had a lot of courage from my colleagues as we were working together. we had a great management which was so approachable in many ways. sometimes we had to work alone without laborers due to local problems.

Pros

especially when we having site meetings

Cons

we we behind the working schedule, so we had to work long hours

Productive place

Big organization and good company to become a hardworking employee. Management can get better but overall I have learnt a lot and I have a deeper understanding of what is required of me in the workplace as opposed to the theory you learn at a university.

Pros

Exposure

Cons

Salary

Terrible to work there

Soul sucking & depressing. Everyone is concerned with climbing to the top, not caring who they have to back-stab to get there. Run like a dictatorship.

productive and nice work place

It is great for working for this company and also employees and management is friendly and they working as a team, also willing to train staff at all times when starting at the Company.

Great company to work for

The Coega Development Corporation is a great company to work for. Independence allow one to complete tasks is aplenty and the company invests in its staff. Besides being a government agency productivity is important and stakeholder management and receives the attention it deserves.

Pros

Education, managment support, cultire, performancw driven.

Cons

Not forgiving, communication, self promotion

Challenging and exciting

Good place to work, salary good, skill management and open communication can be improved . Too much travelling but good experience gained at different projects.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Too much travelling

Productive and Fun

Typical day - I have not had one yet. I learnt time management. Management is fine. The hardest part is not getting salary increase and bonus because I'm on contract so I do not have any benefits.. I enjoy every moment

Pros

Cons

All is good

Enjoyable,Many opportunities and place to make friends and ubuntu

Analyst-Research day to day at Coega Development Corporation is unpredictable. There are periodic reviews are should be completed at given time.The reports are compiled with group of interns and summited for quality review before publishing to the organization. Requests from internal clients go to the unit head and distributed to the me.Some of the analytics will come directly from the CEO which I will be required to work with the Economists and present to the organization. The hardest part of the job is availability of data.Data is the key part of the job which sometimes is hard find and I will be required to collect it with a group of interns and clients. Best part of my job is delivery of the job and the strategic recommendations have implemented in the organization.

Pros

Recognition from the Senior Management

Cons

Long hours, travelling

Development Focus

It is a good Company for self and career development. The management is career focus and tools and benefits are good. The opportunities are great and fulfilling.

Embraced Japanese culture and values, very supportive

No two days the same as the shipping environment is ever changing with many diverse challenges. Management was innovative and very forward thinking. My co-workers although challenging things at times were always very supportive and understanding. The hardest part was probably merging the South African and Japanese cultures and understanding each others thinking processes. Because of its diversity the logistics was varied from landside to sea operations and because of this i was able to learn a great deal about the maritime environment and its specific requirements

Pros

Friendly environment, Professional, Innovative and pro active organisation

Cons

long hours no overtime

Strategy/Research Intern

Working in a team Drafting of documents Creation of PowerPoint Flexible working hours Meetings with mentors and executive managers engaging in fruitful conversations with mentors guidance and diligence in work presented attention to detail immaculate behavior in problem solving

Pros

Approachable Managers

Productive workplace

A typical day at Coega starts as early as 7am when we have to travel to construction sites for meetings, progress on sites and delivering payments to the department. Management and co-workers i work with are supportive and willing to go the extra mile when the job has to be done. The hardest part of the job is the tiring traveling almost on a weekly basis to the sites and the most enjoyable part of it is when managers and higher structures recognizes the work we do.

Pros

free airtime

Productive and Service Driven

From the first day of entering the Coega environment one gets a motivation to work as hard as one can on every task. Coega teaches you, as young professional, the hardships of working in a team in order to meet deadlines and deliver quality work. Being in an environment with so many professionals teaches you how to be an all rounder, where you are exposed to different aspects of business ranging from administering and coordinating tasks, to proofreading and e-marketing of the broad service the company has to offer. I have learnt how to be competent in what I do, how to manage time effectively and efficiently as it is a scarce resource, as well as how to be useful to other areas of business where need be. The management style at Coega promotes nothing but service excellence. Due to the busy environment that Coega finds itself in, co-workers have a spirit of assisting each other. This for me I find particularly encouraging because it provides one with the chance to learn on the job. The hardest part of my job is coordinating tasks, meetings or interviews with senior personnel due to their tight schedules. However, the most enjoyable aspect of my job is interacting and engaging with the colleagues or the public, because every interaction and gathering provides a chance to learn something and grow or at most find opportunity.

Pros

Weekends off, half day on payday

Cons

Late requests

productive and interesting work environment

-compiling reports, ensuring that vehicles are in order for training of candidates, arranging bookings to repair vehicles, notifying candidates to attend training -I have learnt a lot, how to deal with people, how to cope with pressure and how to use Microsoft office -management is at a high standard and always willing to assist -I work with a diverse group of people that are friendly and very helpful as well as knowledgeable -ensuring that all vehicles are in working order all the time -playing a part in building the community through the driver training programme

Pros

leaving early on fridays

Cons

constant pressure

Great place to grow

Typical day at work is doing your day to day duties, as it was my first job in an office environment i got exposed to a lot such as presentation skills and business etiquette. We are being encouraged to grow and learn as much as we can, management is supportive towards their interns. I can say a have found my self a second family, my co-workers are motivational and they are not afraid to correct you when you are doing things the wrong way. I wouldn't say its the hardest, when you are doing something new for the first time its always not the easiest but practice makes perfect. I enjoy learning and experiencing new things through my internship programme.

Productive workplace

I have gained a valuable experience underminimun supervision and I have learnt to multi-task. My colleagues are very pleasant and fun to work with. Management has always motivated us to work hard and be productive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coega Development Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,5 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,8 out of 5 stars for Management
3,7 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Coega Development Corporation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?