Coega Development Corporation

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,5Pay & Benefits

Forward Looking unappreciated Organisation

the CDC is an SOE that is run by long term management with personal links to each other. It is run professionally and attempts to do the best by its employees, Senior Management have an open mind and look forward to growing employees. Pay is excellent and benefits are above par, mentorship needs to be worked on and standard work ethic for an SOE in South Africa is abound. With all that i would grade the CDC as a growing entity that has high admirable goals.

Very productive company to be in

The good part is you had to meeet new people and be a team player.also you must willing to work over time if required by the company. and be a team player

Pros

free meals

Cons

more overtime hours

work with your ideas, create your own working plan

I will like to work freely, I would like to work under pressure from work, not to feel pressure from the supervisor or the manager. I'm will to give all my time on my job.

Pros

free hour of lunch

Productive place

Big organization and good company to become a hardworking employee. Management can get better but overall I have learnt a lot and I have a deeper understanding of what is required of me in the workplace as opposed to the theory you learn at a university.

Pros

Exposure

Cons

Salary

Challenging and exciting

Good place to work, salary good, skill management and open communication can be improved . Too much travelling but good experience gained at different projects.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Too much travelling

Productive and Fun

Typical day - I have not had one yet. I learnt time management. Management is fine. The hardest part is not getting salary increase and bonus because I'm on contract so I do not have any benefits.. I enjoy every moment

Pros

Cons

All is good

Development Focus

It is a good Company for self and career development. The management is career focus and tools and benefits are good. The opportunities are great and fulfilling.

productive

coega is a very good company to people who want to get a skill because I can say I can even recommend as one of the good company to give skill to those who need, they can even give skill of driving to people

Pros

not a free lunch

Cons

short hours

Coega is a fun place to work in, we work very closely with our metors which gives us good experience.

The hardest day at work was when there was going to be an audit so we had to look up for everything the auditors want from us since there was such a large volume of files we had to come up with strategies of how to quickly reterieve the files I helped out and came with the strategy and ny manager was happy

Pros

We were once given T-Shirts for free so as to appreciate the good work we are perfoming

Cons

The kind of a job that I am doing requires long hours

Average workplace

Normal government parastatal with long procesess and red tape

Pros

Best Education policy ever

Cons

Long hours and tedious travelling

I enjoy working with poeple a lot and what makes me to love my job. the hardest part is that the salary i get does not cater for all me needs.

Productive and nice work environment

My typical day at work is to Check my emails see what has to be done.Sometimes i plan my day depending if i dont have deadlines.Prioritise so that i know the most important work to be done.Check on service provider invoices to be done and processed.Check on their payments.Do timesheet on Oracle.Fetch post from post office and writed them so that thay are delivered to the companies.Ive learnt how to manage my work,to be productive at all times,work on deadlines and some few skills that i will have for fiture purposes.Everyone at work is a team player and the management is very pleasant to work with.Hardest part i can say that when the month end draws close and we work on reports for that particular month but at the same time its manageable.Enjoyable part is when we get to network with other companies and get to know people.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

none so far

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coega Development Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance