Coega Development Corporation

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,5Pay & Benefits

Company is good

Good company with good processes in place, just the people and management too much casual sometimes and lots of favoritism when it comes to promotions

Wasn't difficult but competitively because of different cultures and race

Wasn't difficult but competitive advantage to white and coloured people because they have facilitator who is a thier culture and we did try to prove that is not about them its about how you want the skill

Productive and professional workspace, that respects its employees

Working for Coega is a dream came through or me. It is everything one would want in an organisation. There is so much room for growth. I loved mostly working independently, with a guidance from my bosses. The work culture here is phenomenal, support from seniors is amazing.

Very good

Very good company to work for and very focused on employees and equality. Good work personal balance. Needs better leadership in some areas but not bad

It was nice working there I had a great time with everyone who were my colleagues

The most thing I liked about this company it's their good company reputation, The work they are doing to the Youth Graduates. They give them a chance to get as much experience as they can. They equip them with working industry as a whole and also they are develop their careers with driving skills.

Work Balance

The work balance must be improved, the work is demanding and you have to work long hours. There are interesting projects if you are interested in project management and Construction. There are opportunities for young professionals. There are endless opportunities in project management

Productive and Challenging place

A typical day at work involves creating and updating As - Is process maps and procedure for the Department of Public Works; setting up sessions for Workshops to solicit requirements from the client representatives Furthermore, the work involved analysing the client's strategy, the KPIs to ensure that the To Be processes were aligned and supported the strategy fully. The hardest part about this job W the activity of building previously severed relationships with the client. And the most enjoyable part of the job was when the client was finally happy with the product.

Pros

Closure during December Holidays

Cons

Long Hours

A good workplace to be

Coega development corporation is a very innovative company. There is not a single day when I would feel like I should not have joined the company. I learned that we should quit from treating bosses as enemies, let our bosses or superiors be our friends for the is no way that one should cooperate successfully with someone that she / he has no close and healthy working relationship with. Pertaining to the firms management I consider their way of operation excellent in various ways. The most challenging part of the job is when you ought to take decisions about a certain matter. The most enjoyable part was that the job ushers you closer to your career goals for you deal with matters that need one to brainstorm before agreeing or disagreeing with anything put on the table.

Cons

working away from residence for days and even for weeks.

it is so interesting to work there

It took all my concentration as it was my first time to be on a newly built structure from the leveling phase. i had a lot of courage from my colleagues as we were working together. we had a great management which was so approachable in many ways. sometimes we had to work alone without laborers due to local problems.

Pros

especially when we having site meetings

Cons

we we behind the working schedule, so we had to work long hours

work with your ideas, create your own working plan

I will like to work freely, I would like to work under pressure from work, not to feel pressure from the supervisor or the manager. I'm will to give all my time on my job.

Pros

free hour of lunch

Productive and fun

Vetting of payments before submitting to my mentor, ensuring that labour report is submitted, working with supply chain ( selling tender documents and receiving tender documents on closing date),attending monitoring meetings with my mentor and ensuring that the filing was intact for audit purposes.

Pros

Free lunches/breakfast/Dinner some times

Cons

Long hours if there was going to be an audit

Great company to work for

The Coega Development Corporation is a great company to work for. Independence allow one to complete tasks is aplenty and the company invests in its staff. Besides being a government agency productivity is important and stakeholder management and receives the attention it deserves.

Pros

Education, managment support, cultire, performancw driven.

Cons

Not forgiving, communication, self promotion

Productive place

Busy with projects and administrative duties. Hardest part is were we have to seek information on our service providers since they are not complying with the requirements such when submitting payment certificate without Vat vendor.

Pros

Knowledge about current duties

Cons

Enjoyable,Many opportunities and place to make friends and ubuntu

Analyst-Research day to day at Coega Development Corporation is unpredictable. There are periodic reviews are should be completed at given time.The reports are compiled with group of interns and summited for quality review before publishing to the organization. Requests from internal clients go to the unit head and distributed to the me.Some of the analytics will come directly from the CEO which I will be required to work with the Economists and present to the organization. The hardest part of the job is availability of data.Data is the key part of the job which sometimes is hard find and I will be required to collect it with a group of interns and clients. Best part of my job is delivery of the job and the strategic recommendations have implemented in the organization.

Pros

Recognition from the Senior Management

Cons

Long hours, travelling

Fun work place

GIS is fun in nature and working with people who love and have a passion for it made things to be a lot more easy. Co-worker were exciting people to work with. Bosses were down to earth and always communicated.

Development Focus

It is a good Company for self and career development. The management is career focus and tools and benefits are good. The opportunities are great and fulfilling.

Fun Workplace

I enjoy everything about my job. From being greeted with a happy smile by the security guard at the gate to being welcomed by the friendly Receptionist at the main entrance. Firstly, I will check my to-do list if there any outstanding things from maybe yesterday that were not done or achieved then will focus on what to do today. The managers

Pros

Lunch is at 12:00

Cons

Normal Hours 08:00 - 16:30

Embraced Japanese culture and values, very supportive

No two days the same as the shipping environment is ever changing with many diverse challenges. Management was innovative and very forward thinking. My co-workers although challenging things at times were always very supportive and understanding. The hardest part was probably merging the South African and Japanese cultures and understanding each others thinking processes. Because of its diversity the logistics was varied from landside to sea operations and because of this i was able to learn a great deal about the maritime environment and its specific requirements

Pros

Friendly environment, Professional, Innovative and pro active organisation

Cons

long hours no overtime

Fast paced, high energy workplace

High energy, great networking and pressurised invironment. If you are able to run with Specialists across the organisation, your career will definitely be advanced. This is an environment for people who play and work hard!

Pros

Great environment for learning, Collaborative approach to achieving organisational goals, Team players and Great leadership

Cons

Ongoing pressure, frequest last minute travel

Productive workplace

A typical day at Coega starts as early as 7am when we have to travel to construction sites for meetings, progress on sites and delivering payments to the department. Management and co-workers i work with are supportive and willing to go the extra mile when the job has to be done. The hardest part of the job is the tiring traveling almost on a weekly basis to the sites and the most enjoyable part of it is when managers and higher structures recognizes the work we do.

Pros

free airtime

Growth in the workplace

In this job I have learned a lot, invoices, dealing with clients also how to solve problems. The people I work with are understanding easy to work with. The most enjoyable is when I have to start a new task and have to try and deliver on time.

Pros

activities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coega Development Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance