Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews

South Africa30 reviews
4,0
Great work Space with team members always willing to help. Fast Paced with Collabrative Effort throughout workplace. Analytics is the key Part of Marketing and all cross functional.
5,0
I really enjoyed working for Colgate Palmolive.They are concerned about the well being of their staff. Company
environment was very good. Good heart.They are concerned about grooming their employees.
5,0
Colgate is a very Big Company, a company anyone will wish to work for. it is taking good care of the staff nad has work life balance. work load is not heavy except for month ends.
Pros
Flexible working hours
5,0
IT professional with over 5 years’ experience specializing in IT desktop Support and Microsoft windows Server Environment, I can implement IT strategies at local and global level. My greatest strength is business awareness, which enables me to permanently streamline infrastructure and application. My personal attributes are Professional communicator, Strong problem solving, skills Above average, attention to detail, Solid investigation/research abilities; strongly team-oriented, Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and innovative with a positive attitude
4,0
Truly a company that lives it’s values, maybe a little to much though. From my perspective non performance is not dealt with effectively which creates frustration on those who are absolutely amazing at their jobs.
Pros
Shares and global exposure
Cons
Corporate ladder and career succession constrained my lack of middle Mng.
4,0
Youngs teams that are energetic and very knowledgeable, its a great place to work as a graduate looking to start out their career. Management is supportive and guide new entrants within the workplace. the office culture is very collaborative and supportive towards end goals .
Pros
Product activations
4,0
A typical day started with reviewing first the urgent issues with all internal stake holders as well as any urgent external customer requirements. Attend Sales and Operations Planning meetings with Senior Management and also review internally within the department any issues related to procurement and supplier management. Managing a full blown SAP implementation as a Manufacturing Lead for 3 sites and also be responsible for the Planning and Procurement functions of the CP Plant at Dammam was a huge challenge that lasted for two long years.
Pros
Challenging and at the same time engrossing work, very friendly and accessible colleagues and senior management, great food in Canteen, enjoyable after office ping pong matches
Cons
Pay scale differences between local and international hires, No career plan for local hires.
3,0
Cogate a good company but with little prospects and Midland too far to travel. Loved the people I worked with and loved the job I did. It was sad to be retrenched
4,0
Great company to work for take on lots of graduates. Behind slightly on digital adaption but PAN Africa experience available. Core Project and Brand Management skills
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Slow Career Progression
5,0
Its a fun place to work. Very challenging in a good way. There are plenty opportunities to grow and to travel abroad. If one is focus and know what they want to become they have the opportunity to be that in this company
Pros
Career development. Opportunity to go work abroad
Cons
Long hours, it comes with the territory
4,0
A hardworking and goal driven Accounting/Finance Graduate, seeking a more challenging opportunity to acquire new skills and develop existing ones. I have the ability to work in a team and am looking to contribute my knowledge and skills to an organization willing to invest its resources in me.
Pros
Good people
Cons
non
5,0
My typical day, was basically the same everyday nothing more or less, however it was a good experience working there at the time, the people and management are all good people and they have also an open office policy which is great and they give you all the training and tools to make your work comfortable and easy for you. The hardest part of my job was that I had to travel and getting up very early to get to work, but it was worth the trip, because I did enjoy my work and the people I worked with was amazing and always available if you need assistance
Pros
Company was to far
Cons
Long hours traveling
3,0
Electrical and Mechanical (repair & maintenance).

Operate relevant equipment within recommended parameters to produce the specified product.

Complete Non-conformance reports and participate in associated remedial and corrective actions.

Operate all production equipment and associated plant in a safe and efficient manner.

Perform autonomous maintenance activities as per TPM requirements and any preventative maintenance tasks as scheduled. Maintain proper standards of housekeeping.

Perform all assigned duties in accordance with safety procedures and policy.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
difficult working hours
People-focused culture and environment
Learning and development is important part of culture

Professionalism and integrity is important part of the culture
4,0
Colgate-Palmolive is a great place to work.
There are nice people to work with who assist you best they can.

Colgate has a good reward plan.

The company also offers low prices on their products. Their staff sales idea is excellent.,
Pros
Staff Sales
3,0
Quick learning environment and friendly people. Low pay and lack of transparency in advancement and what it takes to advance. High expectations and no clear job role.
Pros
Shower in the building
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
It was a very nice and productive environment to work in,so much to learn.Management style encourages grow.
Deadline is primalry goal when it comes to AP,all invoices had to be processed on time to avoid late payment,to much invoices to process in a day.
Pros
Cons
Long distance for me
4,0
CPSA is a very good family orientated company. The culture is very relaxed. Start your day knowing your responsibilities, No one is micro managed. Management have an open door policy. everyone is important no matter what your job
Pros
subsidised canteen, flexi hours good benefits
Cons
long hours as per normal at month end, year end
5,0
Everyday is a challenge, you pick up different types problem but minor and sometimes can be very tricky to solve, you have to use your own skills to fault find and solve. I have learnt of timing positions and how to set them. Experience was past on to co-workers.When everything comes together first time.
Pros
Free lunches, gift hampers, family day, production incentives.
Cons
Minimal overtime.
4,0
My day starts with confirming appointments with schools I'll be visiting, then take my Dental Mobile unit to see the learners, by the time I leave they are smiling after having received their new Toothbrush.
Pros
Hours are convenient
Cons
job security
5,0
One day as I was about to go to lunch. One operator blocked the vacuum line, I then had to council lunch and attend to his problem because the batch would be wasted . Then I got my tools, applied safety measures and began unblocking the the line.I reassembled the line and opened vacuum. Then I learned that before the operator could open vacuum, he should make sure he has added flour in the batch. The hardest part of my job was overhauling the pumps. The parts were very heavy to carry. Training people that came from trainrite for their practicals was one thing I enjoyed very much.
Pros
We would get a free lunch if we got our batches on target.
Cons
If the demand was high we were asked to work on weekends