Colgate-Palmolive logo
View all Colgate-Palmolive reviews

Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive Employee Review

Junior

Electrical and Mechanical (repair & maintenance). Operate relevant equipment within recommended parameters to produce the specified product. Complete Non-conformance reports and participate in associated remedial and corrective actions. Operate all production equipment and associated plant in a safe and efficient manner. Perform autonomous maintenance activities as per TPM requirements and any preventative maintenance tasks as scheduled. Maintain proper standards of housekeeping. Perform all assigned duties in accordance with safety procedures and policy.

Pros

cheap lunch

Cons

difficult working hours

3,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
3,0Job Security/Advancement
3,0Management
3,0Culture

Productive and fun

It was a very nice and productive environment to work in,so much to learn.Management style encourages grow. Deadline is primalry goal when it comes to AP,all invoices had to be processed on time to avoid late payment,to much invoices to process in a day.

Pros

Cons

Long distance for me

productive friendly workplace

CPSA is a very good family orientated company. The culture is very relaxed. Start your day knowing your responsibilities, No one is micro managed. Management have an open door policy. everyone is important no matter what your job

Pros

subsidised canteen, flexi hours good benefits

Cons

long hours as per normal at month end, year end
Same location

It was hard work and fun at the same time.

One day as I was about to go to lunch. One operator blocked the vacuum line, I then had to council lunch and attend to his problem because the batch would be wasted . Then I got my tools, applied safety measures and began unblocking the the line.I reassembled the line and opened vacuum. Then I learned that before the operator could open vacuum, he should make sure he has added flour in the batch. The hardest part of my job was overhauling the pumps. The parts were very heavy to carry. Training people that came from trainrite for their practicals was one thing I enjoyed very much.

Pros

We would get a free lunch if we got our batches on target.

Cons

If the demand was high we were asked to work on weekends