Colgate-Palmolive
4,3 out of 5 stars.
Colgate-Palmolive Employee Review

Productive and ergonomical workplace.

9 November 2015
Everyday is a challenge, you pick up different types problem but minor and sometimes can be very tricky to solve, you have to use your own skills to fault find and solve. I have learnt of timing positions and how to set them. Experience was past on to co-workers.When everything comes together first time.
4,0Work/Life Balance
4,0Salary/Benefits
4,0Job Security/Advancement
4,0Management
4,0Culture
Pros
Free lunches, gift hampers, family day, production incentives.
Cons
Minimal overtime.
10 November 2014
Same role
Fitter (Former Employee) - Boksburg, GP
One day as I was about to go to lunch. One operator blocked the vacuum line, I then had to council lunch and attend to his problem because the batch would be wasted . Then I got my tools, applied safety measures and began unblocking the the line.I reassembled the line and opened vacuum. Then I learned that before the operator could open vacuum, he should make sure he has added flour in the batch. The hardest part of my job was overhauling the pumps. The parts were very heavy to carry. Training people that came from trainrite for their practicals was one thing I enjoyed very much.
Pros
We would get a free lunch if we got our batches on target.
Cons
If the demand was high we were asked to work on weekends
3,0
20 September 2013
Same role
Fitter - Technician (Current Employee) - Boksburg, GP
Colgate-Palmolive is a nice place to work at. Colgate has the best Team work from my previous companies I work for. At Colgate if you dont know something you ask you will get help from someone who knows, so that makes Colgate a nice place to work at. But for me to further my experience, I need to go in different compies to extend my knowledge.
9 September 2014
Same location
Teamleader (Current Employee) - Durban, ZN
I manage an entire shift crew and act as production manager on evening and late shifts. I have gained vast skills and knowledge while working for an international company. I control, plan and manage staff according to business needs, I always lead by example in EOHS and Quality issues.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Shift work
  1. Productive and ergonomical workplace.