Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews in Cambridge, OH

● Work-life balanceI didn't call off unless of illness● OverallIt was a nice company to work for I enjoyed my time there. It was Avery fast moving job and had opertunities to advance your career. I highly recommend this factory.
I worked as a temp in the packaging lab and greatly enjoyed the experience. I excelled in my position and that thought seemed to be agreed upon by my peers and superiors, but i was let go out of the blue for no reason other than they didn't feel that they needed me any more.
I've work for your guys though adecco temp services. I was a toe motor driver. In the warehouse I've had a few jobs since this but I've tried to come back in it wasn't quite time I could come back yet.
Colegate-palmolive is a great place to work if you don’t mind swing shift. They have a leveling system that is almost impossible to get promoted in because There are more people than promotions available.
Good job security has very good benefits four on four off schedule quarterly bonuses friendly people Good team environment. Not a very high chance of advancement
Pros
Quarterly bonuses
Cons
Swing shift
Overall great place to work. Only down fall is the pay rate is very low. Staff and environment is great. If you show up do your job you will do great. Can work 6 or 12 hour shifts.
Pros
You get three 1 hour breaks, very flexible with scheduleing, weekly pay
Cons
Pay rate
It's a fast pace job and you have to be quick with your eyes to spot defective materials and you have to report the defect in a timely manner to the line boss and quality control, other than that every one was nice and the pay was good.
You have to really appreciate what we are capable of doing, this job was not the best.. But if its something you need as soon as possible, it would be perfect!
Excellent experience,Colgate cares about their people there people are considered the best resources it’s a wonderful working environment where management listens to you and shares your ideas. All are treated fairly and respect is given at all levels between management and workforce.
Can either have a good day or and stressful one. Friendly people to work with, and some not so friendly. I'd your average workplace. you take the good with the bad.
i didnt work for Colgate just a contractor so there isnt much that i can say. i dont really know how this is required for someone to upload a resume to the indeed website
Exciting team based environment that encouraged production team to maintain supply and product inventories to fulfill customer demand. Great mentor training program that included a well developed standard operating procedure. Which created a very challenging and satisfying work environment for a maintenance technician. The team was encouraged to improve production be means of innovation that was supported be management.
Pros
Training available
Cons
No advancement
the daily duties are really easy to perform and it is not a physically or mentally taxing job there is no room for advancement and there is a lot of drama which is usually associated with a factory. the co workers were great and management is understanding of most hardships that you may face.
Pros
great coworkers and good insurance
Cons
swing shifts and not a good work/ life balance
I work in Information Technology at a Colgate Plant in Cambridge Ohio. The days are long and you are tied to your cell phone 24 x 7. Unless you are in New Jersey your efforts are ignored and there is 0 room for advancement. The Colgate GIT management enclave is very tight clique, if you are not a part they will use your contributions to help themselves and nobody else. Stay away from GIT in this organization unless you are desperate for experience on your resume The pay may seem ok but do not let it fool you. In the end your hourly wage will be minimal for the work required
Pros
People outside of IT GIT are still OK
Cons
terrible management, long hours, med pay
Work Life balance is good, workload comes and goes depending on projects and time of year. The company offers great exposure to global projects and you can progress if you are willing to relocate. In IT they follow a very rigid set of guidelines and standards, audits are common. There is no room to be creative in the IT arena. Lower level managers are not empowered to make decisions and the work environment is definitely not google. You need to wear plain black or blue jacket to climb the ladder. The company is moving its technical pool overseas. Any IT positions left outside of the business centers will be Project and Third Party management focused. An IT position outside of the main office or a business hub will not offer a lot of room for advancement unless you relocate
Pros
good benefits, pay is not bad, some flexibility
Cons
conservative, restricting, old school, management does not listen or communicate well
this was my first employment opportunity following my active duty military career
Pros
near home
Cons
culture
Work days could be long and frustrating or smooth as silk. Direct Management was more a person relaying information of many kinds as well as our first line of communication concerning production matters. Also a trainer / leader but never looking over your back dictating orders. Never ending opportunities for learning. Computers many with their own purpose and functions, mechanical, electrical, communications, SAFETY, operation of automatic machinery including what made each and every part function. A very diverse work force. Being a team making our own decisions toward our production goals was good. However when machines aren't running properly spending sometimes hours figuring out why was difficult. But never give up and all team members could have input.
Pros
Great salary and benefits lots of perks i.e.picnics, holiday parties, small rewards
Cons
shifts were 12 hours including night and day shift schedules
Great employer who gave excellent opportunities to learn and use new job skills.
Pros
teamwork environment
Cons
too frequent upper mangement changes/styles
Colgate-Palmolive Cambridge is a great company with high quality standards that enables it to produce great products.