Colgate-Palmolive
4,3 out of 5 stars.

Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews in New York, NY

A great company culture for many years until Covid and the entire sales team was eliminated and required to reapply for new positions. Quality hard working and successful employees were let go with no insight that this massive restructuring was happening.
Pros
Great culture great products
Cons
Constant change
The Company provides good benefits as far as Insurance and Time off.They moved their HR to Mexico in 2017.. and that's just the beginning of where the problems started.. The company has yearly layoffs, good people, right before they get to year 5 mark, with the company- and this is ALL divisions of the company. "They are big on preaching their Ethical Values" But they do not follow them.. There are several who have been with Colgate including management, for several years, these people do not follow the rules. Management play favorites with certain people because they like them, vs employee's who outperforms them. They bill and ship thru a third party and there are several errors, on the regular. You are always putting out fires with the third party and the customer. Their software is archaic.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Good company with global opportunties if you are interested and have management support.Advancement to excecutive level positions is not fair or transparent. For example, someone may move in to your old role at the excutive level - seems more tied to the person than the role and what you have accomplished. You may move in a new role that is exactly the same as it was for the person before you who was executive level and you are told there is no headcount for this to be an executive level role.Moving in to a new role at the executive level is a unfair game. If you put on your objectives future roles you are interested in, you then risk being told management does not see that in your future and then when there are cutbacks you risk being let go because your aspirations do not fit the the future direction of the company. Also, if you have the misfortune of working for a leader that is not respected your chances of moving up are greatly diminished.
After working at CP for more than 19 years I have seen a lot of the ups and downs of the company. There have been at least four major layoffs due to restructuring and I'm happy to have survived them all. However, that has also contributed to the low morale of the company. In the recent years, there has been a major shift to focus on employing millenials and with that comes a high turnover in employment. Therefore, those of us who do not fit in that demographic have had to constantly shift workload to accommodate the turnover rate. I do however enjoy working at CP.
A company that truly cares about their employees I was given freedom to grow and allowed to innovate Women can succeed easily Good benefits Opportunity to travel
Colgate Palmolive is a terrific place to work. A company with incredibly strong brands, focused on driving long-term profitable growth. Impressive management team with long tenure at the company. Smart colleagues and lots of cross-functional teamwork.
A company who perceives design as a business partner instead of service which I loved. Ideas are listened and respected. Hi integrity company with work&life balance.
It was explained to me when I started that Colgate is a slow moving company by choice. They pointed to the 200 year history as proof that not reacting quickly is the key to longevity in the market.
It's a great place to work. Hard to get your foot in the door. Extremely hard. But once you do, you have every opportunity to nail your interview and make a difference.
Colgate Palmolive is a company that has strong mission values and employees tend to be long term. Colgate Palmolive is a great place to work for many reasons.
Basically every man for himself at Colgate. Not much room for any significant growth. Pay was horrible for a prestigious Company located on Park Avenue. Upper management were treated like Gods(not really sure what they did) too worried about their lunches and what their floor looked like. It was utterly ridiculous, almost to the point of being comical. I was happy when they downsized and I was let go. 10 plus years was more than enough.
Pros
Prime NYC location, great people, cafeteria a plus.
Cons
Low pay
Very traditional culture but great place to work. Few reorgs over the past few years but overall stable company. Good benefits and culture. Great brands.
I started at CP as a part-time B representative taking consumer calls. Worked with a great group of people in Consumer Affairs. I enjoyed talking and assisting consumers with their inquiries, complaints on our products. Also worked on various projects within the department.
Pros
Great work hours for a part timer.
Cons
Don't have any bad things to say about working at CP.
Working in marketing here would prepare you to work in the Trump administration. Everything is political and based on how much people like you versus how well you do your job. They also have a fake interest in diversity and prefer to hire Asians, Indians & ethnically ambiguous minorities. If you worked in ibanking/consulting or were a part of a sorority/ fraternity then you'll fit in well with the culture. If you didn't, then every day will feel painful.
Great company values (Caring, Global Teamwork, Continuous Improvement) Company currently faced with typical headwinds in FMCG Current top management transition should help progress the company to the next growth stage
As Lead Operator at Colgate-Palmolive, I was the individual who opened the main switchboard for business at the Park Avenue headquarters in NYC everyday, from Monday through Friday, promptly at 8:15a.m. In addition the answering the main switchboard and dealing with a myriad of inquiries from customers, stakeholders and fellow Colgate colleagues both internally and all over the world, I had the pleasure of being the leader of an amazing team of Operators, and a Receptionist. I was responsible for the day to day management of the team, scheduling vacation time, keeping accurate records of sick days, etc. The management at Colgate-Palmolive was, in my personal experience, one of the best in the business. Everyone was very personable and helpful, and there was a true feeling of belonging to a team. I'm glad to have been a member of the Colgate family, and learned a great deal from my manager during my five years of employment.
I learned a lot while at Colgate. I learned all about NetWare and Servers and routers and communication tools, Lotus Notes Administrative, introduced to SAP, because SME for SAP security.
Pros
Cons
They were going to shut down my location an d move IT positions to New Jersey.
Great company in the past. Going through a rough period during the last few years of restructuring. Hopefully at some point restructuring will be over and company will be able to focus on growth again.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Declining business and advancement opportunities
You can’t be scared of heights and u gotta be on point at all times when u on the site. Always be alert, and alway watch what ur co workers are doing for safety reasons.. make sure u always check ur equipment before u start working
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very dangerous
I loved the culture of the company, its purpose, and the people I work with. The internship program is very well designed and managed, and interns are treated well and respected.
Management is out of touch with the demands and those delivering for the business are not supported with structure to empower the employees. The workplace culture has evolved to an extremely lean and competitive infrastructure. Took work home every night, weekend, holiday and vacation.
Pros
stable and conservative corporation
Cons
never could leave work for any reason, worked through lunch and was requred to be available 24/7