Colgate-Palmolive
4,3 out of 5 stars.

Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews in New York, NY

A great company culture for many years until Covid and the entire sales team was eliminated and required to reapply for new positions. Quality hard working and successful employees were let go with no insight that this massive restructuring was happening.
Pros
Great culture great products
Cons
Constant change
Colgate-Palmolive was one of the best employers I worked for. The culture was collaborative and sharing ideas was encouraged. Career advancement was also available as opposed to going outside of the organization for talent.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
The people at Colgate are the most enjoyable. Very friendly and people-oriented. Colgate provides opportunities and ability for people to work outside of their departments and work collaboratively across functions. However you must prove yourself, before being promoted. Learned to build networks, work cross-functionally, present to and communicate with senior management. Culture is about Caring, Teamwork and Continuous Improvement. Management has a difficult time making decisions and investing in and supporting new ideas, they are risk adverse.
Pros
Travel opportunities, People, Location in NYC
Cons
Decision-making, Length of Time for Promotions
Colgate is a great company to work for, it offers great work life balance.Colgate allowed me to grow within my role. Management styles differed by Department. Some colleagues had great managers that aided in their development, some Managers like the ones I reported to were very hands off, which hindered growth. Colgate offered exercise classes 4 days per week which was great, they also had a Nurse Practitioner on staff, which was extremely helpful at times, since it was easy to get a prescription if needed. The only problem I have with Colgate is its constant restructuring and or outsourcing of jobs. I believe this is counteractive in its believes in that they really don't care about their employees. I believe Colgate could have tried harder to save jobs, by reducing other spending such as company match for annual giving campaign. They could have also saved money with constant floor renovation. Floors were remodeled then decided they were no longer going to use it. This wasted money could have been used to save someone's job. I believe Colgate should become more conscientious with its decision to cut jobs, especially in a time we live in, where people are committing suicide for various reasons.
Pros
Great work life balance, with flexible working hours.
Cons
Constant restructuring
Solid company with training available when coming on board. Deadlines and accuracy are the cornerstones but there is help available when certain variables require combining resources.
Pros
Free lunches, company activities, team atmosphere.
Cons
Sometimes due to system issues or other items, one can work weekends and evenings. Not really a con, just a reality of Payroll.
Great company. Good history. Many layers. A lot of opportunity for promotions and moving throughout the different brands. A lot of meetings, which made getting work/life balance harder to achieve.
Pros
Opportunity to move around / different experiences
Cons
A lot of meetings
Colgate is slow to correct, slow to innovate, and slow to communicate. It's a rose-colored glasses company with little tolerance for passion and critical thinking.
Pros
Benefits and work life opprotunites. Great brands
Cons
Conservative to paralysis
As an intern, it was great sitting in on meetings and learning about a company that has been around my entire life. It was great experiencing all the effort and brains that go into something the outside world sees as so simple.
Colgate has great brands and a global presence but the company is very slow moving in order to get anything done and you must wait your turn to be promoted.
Good advancement at junior levels. Supportive culture. International opportunities. Collaborative, and not too political. Topline growth starting to slow, so cost cutting and restructuring in progress.
Changing culture with shorter term views. People are great. Business trying to do more with less. Only small percentage of workforce has 20+ years - challenging to see them outsourcing experience
Pros
compensation, benefits, principles
I loved to work here. The team is great and the people are wonderful. Its a very collaborative environment and I enjoy working here. You will learn a lot too.
Most enjoyable part was working with people from across the world. Best part about of working for a global company. You will learn a great deal about the challenges that businesses face in the FMCG industry where consumers expectations are quickly changing requiring companies to adapt quickly.
I felt that the people I was reporting did not have a complete understanding of my job, the elements involved and some other basic job requirements. they asked for items to be sent to them at no cost once the job was done that actually required some number of hours of work from me to accomplish
Pros
self directed
Cons
unreasonable expectations as to availability to work
Work life at Colgate was enjoyable, worked with a great team in the Legal department. Colgate is very diversified, and strong company for life work balance. Company has excellent benefits. Has a strong company brand name and a young active workforce.
Pros
Brand name, work life balance, and diversity
Cons
recently lot of outsourcing, and laying off of a lot of employees
Colgate is a company that really care about there workers and there family's' Due to the turn of the economy the company had to down size. A day at Colgate is lots of activities supporting employees global. I started in Colgate as a file clerk and move to Office/Helpdesk assistant. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with employees global.
Pros
able to use the company store to buy my products.
Cons
Due to the economy down sizing.
Colgate is consumer minded company with limitations of the overall dental market. Oppotunities exist for people who want to progress into the consumer side only
Caring value is imbedded in the corporate culture across the globe. It is tightly managed and focused on care business lines: oral care, personal care, home care, and pet nutrition.
Empresa enfocada a resultados con altos valores corporativos y comprometida con su ambiente.
Pros Best culture and best people I have worked with! Work with brand team and innovation team closely on consumer research. Cons Lots of meetings. Process takes a little long.
Although Colgate-Palmolive is recognized as a classic American family brand, I am proud to say the company has embraced a culture of diversity. From benefits packages inclusive of civil unions and same-gender marriage to assisting with costs of adoptions to matching charitable gifts of employees, Colgate-Palmolive is a trailblazer for employee benefits. In my last role at Colgate-Palmolive, I had the pleasure of working in Global Procurement, specifically in the Supplier Diversity Division. While there were standard tasks to complete each week, my day was never boring or 'cookie-cutter.' I also enjoyed the independence of working remote 2 days of the week. The most enjoyable part of my job was travel to various expos and conferences, while the most challenging aspect was the amount of work to be completed. This limited my ability to participate on cross-functional teams which I consider an incredibly valuable learning and growing opportunity.
Pros
Work remote, Matching gifts for charities, opportunity for travel, constant learning
Cons
Long work day