Colgate-Palmolive
4,3 out of 5 stars.

Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews in New York, NY

A great company culture for many years until Covid and the entire sales team was eliminated and required to reapply for new positions. Quality hard working and successful employees were let go with no insight that this massive restructuring was happening.
Pros
Great culture great products
Cons
Constant change
Colgate-Palmolive is a great company to work for, it has many great benefits to help employee balance family-work life. The workplace culture at Colgate is family oriented.
I always enjoyed working at Colgate-Palmolive Company. New management came in and then the style at CP changed immensely. New management = out with the old and in with the new.
Colgate-Palmolive offers great benefits, such as flexible work hours, nearby back-up childcare centers. Colgate has a high rate of employee retention and a very relaxed environment.
I worked as a paid-intern in the Contributions Department where I reviewed proposals from non-profit organizations in inner-cities, managed bills, and planned events. It was so interesting to see how the non-profit organizations thrived off of the companies that supported them and were really making a big difference in those communities. The people were great and extremely supportive and friendly.
 Redesign the salesman commission system and convert the ISAM files to Oracle.  Designed and programmed an interface system that exchanged feeds with Nasdaq and the New York Stock Exchange.  Responsible for the merging of new acquisitions into the new commission system.  Reduced business disruption through close involvement with Change Management utilizing ITIL framework.  Consulted with senior technical and business stake holders to capture strategic plans for future growth.
Environment at Company is certainly fast paced. Employees are focused on working together, and individually hold themselves accountable for the quality of their work. There are no enclosed cubicles (or if there are, the doors are open), so employees can speak freely with one another. Some individuals may be allowed to work from home if that doesn’t interfere with their productivity. Therefore, work/life balance was taken into consideration. Employees always strived for success not only for themselves , but for the Company we represent.
I work in a diverse place with many different attitudes. What I love most about my job is the friendly people I get to help out daily. This is more like my second family than it is a job. I've learned how to work in a team and individually under pressure and make powerful decision for an effective outcome.
Worked for Colgate for more than 15 years. Great company to work for. Job work/Life balance is very important to this company! Fast- paced environment, but not stressful.
Retail customer was very high on priority list. We were tasked to being first in market share especially in oral care and dish liquid categories. First to market with new items.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Colgate-Palmolive?
Smart colleagues, excellent benefits and an overall good company. High employee retention rate speaks volumes of the company. Excellent values which are weaved into the company culture.
Great place to work...once you get in. Very diverse and they make a genuine effort to live the company values of Caring, Global Teamwork, and Continuous Improvement. Great Benefits and Employee perks!
Pros
Benefits, Company Perks, and Stability
Cons
Hard to move around within the company....competitive, possible favoritism.
• Good work life balance • People are friendly and willing to help • Company is organized • Position was not challenging at all • Colgate has great benefits, we had food allowance, cafeteria with great healthy meals that were subsidized, a very nice office
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Too conservative sometimes
I shared an office with two other interns. We all worked on projects together and helped each other out with the work load. My boss gave me assignments that would take a couple of days to do. I was always busy. Boss was kind and understanding. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to experience work in a professional setting.
Pros
Discounts at company store
Cons
No cons.
I am extremely happy of such a company. You should grap an opportunity an this company with both hands open. This company has a long standing in the market and most of the employees never wish to leave the company. That's the reason they have low turnover ratio
A typical day at work starts early as I have globals partners who are a minimum of six hours ahead of the UST. I honed my global negotiating skills. Great at managing internal and external suppliers and have many endorsements on Linked In. The most challenging part of the job is managing unreasonable clients with near impossible deadlines. These individuals generally do not understand the process of how to launch a product with disregard to timelines. I love the challenge of the multifaceted aspects of the job and working with cross functional teams.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Frequent change in senior management
International culture, open end resources, supportive team work, and opportunities to grow for those willing to invest in required efforts.
Garnered strong analytical training in traditional CPG marketing. As marketer on commercial side implementing product launches (as opposed to innovation team), sacrificed work-life balance in process. Worked most weekends in addition to long days in office. Typical smart colleagues with strong b-school degrees get rotated regularly through different businesses. High turnover in marketing, whereas other functions in company are more stable. Those marketers who are best at presentations and politics fare best in company. Process-ridden and bureaucratic--be prepared to spend lots of time reworking presentations when not in back-to-back meetings.
Pros
F500 benefits
Cons
Lack of work-life balance
Absolutely shown- up for work early. Got a head start on the routine of the mail room. Co-workers were a team that co-operated to the fullest. Management could not have been more supportive.
Pros
workplace
Cons
Buena empresa, beneficios muy standard para retener al talento
Pros
certeza, continuidad, estabilidad
Cons
políticas contractuales obsoletas
Amazing company to work for. They value employees and foster a collaborative environment. Focus on career development at all levels.