Colgate-Palmolive
4,3 out of 5 stars.

Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews in New York, NY

A great company culture for many years until Covid and the entire sales team was eliminated and required to reapply for new positions. Quality hard working and successful employees were let go with no insight that this massive restructuring was happening.
Pros
Great culture great products
Cons
Constant change
Great company to work for as seen in the tenure of many people working for the company. Room to grow and move internationally.
Good work life balance, depending on you position. This is a great Company to work for. Highly recommend Good opportunity to start a career and learn. Not without its day to day issues, its corporate
Pros
Solid Salary ad Benefits, Still maintains some loyalty to the employee
Cons
Marketing moves categories often
This Global company offers a lot of opportunity with challenging workloads that allow you to learn a lot and exposes you to other functional areas within the company. Very charitable company and highly involved within the community which is awesome for active volunteers (like myself). The worklife balance is fairly respectable!
Strong commitment to training and development. Great place to build a career.
Occasionally, challenging situation arises, utilize problem solving skills to implement and resolve issue to improve employee experience. Team work well together on projects, objectives set, and completed each task to completion.
Pros
Tuition Assistance, Skillsoft, Transportation Assistance Program, Arts and Culture Program
Cons
increasing health care
The people at Colgate are very friendly, and full of insight. Management is good, learning about company softwares, training and development, Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Typical day at work consists of logistics, preparation and event planning. most enjoyable part of the job, feeling like you're contributing to achieve a goal with an overall team.
Good stable company with good benefits. Nice people to work with
Loved working the various departments while I was there. The co-workers were great and had a great team spirit. Colgate just knows how to really take of their employees. They have a great work/life balance.
Colgate has a great almost unparalleled benefits package. Day to day depends on the role but for the most part ethics is highly regarded within the organization.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits
Cons
Management doesn't receive feedback well
Great company to work for. I left when my most favorite Director retired (knew it was time for me to move on too) someone was brought in from the good old boys club who I knew had a very long and questionable background amongst all the high end suppliers in the industry... Too bad Colgate did not know about his history of shaking down vendors/suppliers so they could retain business. Sr Mgt finally caught up to some of the more obvious antics and fired the person who hired him and then only demoted demoted him because of ethnic and age background. Unfortunately I was long gone when this finally happened = Thank GOD...
Pros
FUN to come to work each day, There was always a challenges, Always pushed to pursue new technologies in design/print production with new suppliers
Cons
The VERY BEST Department Director that Colgate ever had retired
Good atmosphere. I learned how to forecast annual and quarter P&L, and present it to senior managers
Overall Colgate is a good company to work for. The company has good management. The hardest part is getting an promotion.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
Lack of reward for top performance
My resume includes sales and marketing goals achieved during my 22 years working with the Co.
Colgate is the best company to work for! Unfortunately I was only working a temporary assignment. I wish they were hiring full time.
Pros
company store
The company is great and the products we sell are top notch. The work day varies, because there are always different business opportunities and clients who need servicing occuring. The management team seems to turn over in some spots quite often, but the upper level managers have long tenure. I believe this is the reasoning for us being reactive to the competition as compared to proactive. The hardest part about the job is making sure that the follow up time is quick and that you stay on top of call notes so that business does not decrease. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the products we sell help people have beautiful, bright, healthy smiles.
A typical day at CP was to prioritize my work load, since I supported team members in other countries at times they needed supported and that needed to be done first considering the different time zones. My most enjoyable part of my job is working and getting my 'to do list' done. My least favorite is space availability - coordinating office and cubicle space for visiting teams member or as simple as looking for storage space.
Pros
telecommute one day per week
Cons
na
Having spent 30+ years with this great organization I feel blessed to have this opportunity. Anyone looking for a people oriented organization that values contributions and participation should consider Colgate Palmolive. Im still a stock holder and will be forever.
Pros
People Oriented
Cons
This was an environment that was very dedicated to it's responsibilities, but not at the cost of professional development and interpersonal communication (both professional and non-professional). An ideal place for growth and learning. Many resources and support available to those who seek them. Great bosses and co-workers.
It is a great global company where I have learned and better developed myself.
Enjoyed the professional and friendly environment. Enjoyed working with all levels of management and learned how to prioritize workload and deal with deadlines. Worked closely with various departments and had heavy interaction with co-workers in other areas of Human Resources. Most difficult part of my job in Human Resources was dealing with terminations and conducting exit interviews. I enjoyed mostly the diversity of the people and the many cultures that made up the talented workforce at Colgate-Palmolive.
Pros
flex work hours, half days on friday, great comprehensive benefits, employee activities committee
Cons
the distance to travel to work was over one hour