Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive Employee Reviews for Consultant

The best job I ever had. Excellent company, benefits, coworkers and management.They always want you to succeed and give you every opportunity to grow in your career. they give you a company car, the benefits are amazing, salary is wonderful,. The only reason I left was because I had to move cross country to be with a sick family member.
This was a great company to work for and I would work for this company again in a heartbeat. I believe in their products and love the culture of the company.
Professional Relations / Promote the Product / Inventory management / Product knowledge training / Data Analysis / Interviews / Educational conferences/ Sales Engagement /Leader Community Service
Very good company. Work-Life balance experience. We are paid well and the benefits are above market standard. The company encourages you to excel with your competency.
Pros
Pro Employee company
Cons
I thoroughly took pleasure in promoting Colgate into surgeries until my Sales Manager resigned and was replaced by a manager who shifted the focus on Administrative tasks more so than assist in achieving budgets/targets... some major changes were implemented since her appointment. In addition our Australia New Zealand Manager.. also resigned. Upon these major changes and shift in politics, a few of the oral care consultants have resigned. Myself being one.
Pros
Great locations for sales meetings
Cons
Sales Manager was unapproachable, had a very direct assertive personality in which I found non engaging. Lastly, focus was shifted from sales to administrative tasks.
I work in a diverse place with many different attitudes. What I love most about my job is the friendly people I get to help out daily. This is more like my second family than it is a job. I've learned how to work in a team and individually under pressure and make powerful decision for an effective outcome.
You have to be a self starter for this position and able to manage over 400 accounts covering a very large territory. Takes time management skills, as well as, sells skills.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Realignment
A typical day for me was to see 8-10 current customers (A accounts)