Collins Aerospace

Collins Aerospace Employee Reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Showing all 3 186 reviews

Great work/life balance

Overall good company. Toxic Management styles and processes that cause continuous stress. Dysfunctional management culture, managers allow bullying and sem to allow poor performers to thrive.

Pros

free food, good work life balance, a lot of paid time off; especially during holidays

Cons

pay raises and evaluations low and unfair

It is a normal working company

Normal working company, they have good intelligent people working, and they have good working conditions and good tools plus they provide excellent information for work instructions.

Pros

Normal working conditions

Overall a good place to work. Great Benefits

Overall a very good work place with opportunity for growth. The benefits are really good. The downside is like with any organization sometime people get promoted into positions where they don't know what they are doing.

Great work/life balance, poor compensation once hired

Great managers who strive for a strong work/life balance. No guilt in using PTO time or flex schedules. High deductible health plans only. Running joke is you need to quit and get rehired in order to get a decent pay jump.. or move positions often. Otherwise, no COL raises and standard 3% annual raises.

A scattered company

Hard to find footing here, lots of empty promises. They want you to come through on your side of an agreement because you excel at certain aspects of the job, but don’t want to promote. Very political as far as maneuvering the company .

Collins Aerospace

A day at work is pretty good. There are busier days when you have to work late to finish projects or meetings. I learned alot about myself working there. Having a good attitude about a work life balance and understanding that sometimes the team needs to come first. The management is more cooperate than it used to be. Culture is pretty good depending on the team that you work with. Others are more fun or rewarding to work with/for than others. The hardest part that I experienced was also the most fun which was travelling to new facilities to train throughout the United States. The most enjoyable part of the job was being busy that makes the day go by fast and often times you feel appreciated for doing extra work.

If you want drama this the place

Management sucks, the work is easy but they want you to be robots, limited brakes, management will be Ontop of you if they don’t like you to fire you. Even if you do nothing wrong

Opportunity for growth

I have always enjoyed working at Collins. They are always willing to help you advance. It never felt like it was a job. It has always brought me great enjoyment of bringing things up to make the processes easier and in an expeditious manner.

Hostile/Stuck in the past

The company don’t care about its people. On-site HR is eliminated and converted to a phone. Upper management cares only about there own pockets. Corporate cares only about numbers.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Billion dollar company but pays below minimum wage

Comfortable work areas

Liked my job as smt t/up operator fixed and helped with a lot of things that people couldn’t fix and in the switching of supervisors the last one only focused on my errors and not the good I did!

Pros

Clarity in where the company is going

Cons

Bad management

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Collins Aerospace?

One of the best in the industry. You have lot of opportunities. Most importantly your entire salary is fixed. Hence CTC to take home ration is one of the best. Ethics and compliance, safety of employees are foremost priority. There are plenty of opportunities for learning and internal movements every 2 to 3 years. You will enjoy being in this company.

Could be toxic otherwise a good place to work.

I say it could be toxic because of who you work with. If you have a good group of people around its a pretty good place to work at. Also the benefits are really great here!

Job stability and a comfortable environment

Nothing bad to say. . Jus didn't rules every day. Comfortable environment, you can where what you would like. No steel.toes. no hair nets. Best of all you don't break a sweat.

Decent workplace

Hired for 2nd shift, 3 months later, still no 2nd shift. Hard to get good training. Good people...... .

Decent place to work

Benefits are pretty good! Little to no room for advancement - growth not encouraged. Better than others in the aerospace industry.Overall it is a good company to work for if you are in the right department.

Good benefits and management

Management is not overbearing, pay is adequate. However, moving up seems to be a struggle. Good PTO and open overtime scheduling. Worst part besides upward mobility is that until another layoff happens, the 1/10 new guy that comes in and bombs doesn't get fired.

Pros

Shown appreciation

Cons

Upward mobility

Money hungry and ruthless

It has deteriorated so badly after every merger with bigger and bigger corporations. Now, they work us 58 hours a week and keep us well under their thumb. I'm getting out of there.

Pros

Learn new things

Cons

Super short breaks, 10 min and 20 min for lunch, have to punch in and out for breaks, long hours, hot 🔥 environment, some dangerous work, chemicals, sharp metal.

Collins HS Aerospace Dijon

Culture d'entreprise forte, secteur passionnant, grand groupe et site a taille humaine.

So much room for improvement

The employees are what make this place amazing and keep you sane, at least initially. The networking here is a positive as well. Get in, get experience, but be ready to walk when you can no longer affect positive change. Each location may be different. This review is for Chula Vista, California only. They spent years defining a job catalog only to set roles based on management opinion - often that management is unfamiliar with the work performed. Getting a backfill when someone leaves? Good luck. That's an opportunity to cut headcount without any real intent to ever replace the person regardless of the amount of work or criticality of the function. Requisitions that were opened "two weeks ago" were potentially opened for the 14th time... two weeks ago.Resistant to communicating bad news up the management chain, even when that is what is being asked for. You cannot act or react when everything is coming up roses. You could cut the middle layers and get better information and performance from the lower levels.Don't expect honesty or transparency as you travel through the mid-levels of the management chain - needs more crucial conversation training.SMEs are not trusted. If your input hinders speed, even for quality or compliance issues, be ready to carry a negative reputation. The customer is always right, even when they aren't, especially when they are big money makers- inside and outside the division.The old guard needs changing for improvement to really take place. Too much nepotism as well. Don't get me started on the handling of ethics. Zero tolerance for harassment -

Project vs fun

The environment at Collin Aerospace Systems was enjoyable! I enjoyed the time; unfortunately it was a contract and I had to leave at the end of the contract.

Pros

Working on aircraft!

Cons

Contact ended and it was a long drive to the facility (90 minutes)

Productive work place

A good place to start your production/manufacturing career. The work environment was was family friendly. Decent pay and benefits but the knowledge was worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Collins Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 3 186 reviews