Community Media Trust

Community Media Trust Employee Reviews

South Africa16 reviews
4,0
Community Media Trust is a awesome company to work for.
Fast pace making the day go by quickly.

I learned that knowledge is key.

Colleagues very friendly and work well together.
4,0
The job security is a major factor but overall a good company to work for. Management is mostly relatable and very easy going- As long as you can balance work and play, you should fit right in.
4,0
I have been working at Community Media Trust for 2 and half years as a mentor of young girls between 14 to 24. I really enjoyed being part of the team that brought change to young girls and team that give awareness to young girls about health problems,dreams and etc. Also helping young girls who have different issues and reffered them to organization where they can be assistant assistant
5,0
They take care of their own.we make sure our communities are well informed when it comes to health issues and decision making. I love working here too
5,0
.Was talking to the girls about everything that particularly happens in life.
.Some didn't understand from a word go, you'll have to explain step by step because they had different disabilities.

.I've learnt that we are not the same sometimes you have to understand what others going through and put your self in their shoes.
5,0
Laiasing with stakeholders and Departments, Attend community ware-room meetings, Report writing, recruiting and train groups of participants ageing from 10 to 49 years in the community and at schools. Refer participants to different services and attend to meetings with stakeholders
1,0
High job losses.Don't get a high credit from bank loans or vehicle or property..Otherwise the money is good but management fail to source funding from funders and government. Better work for WHI or ANOVA
5,0
A typical day at work its a day when we go out to outreach in schools to teach girls about Life skills social, health and cognitive assets. I have learnt how to raise a resilient girl child how to be able to overcome or to endure tribulation without cracking or showing how bitter you are.
The management is very good we submit to our superior and report to them. The work place culture is very fair we have diversity races its a multiracial company and we integrate smoothly without racism.The hardest part of the job is to recruit participants to the project it needs to persuade the girls and convince them about the benefits of the project to them. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we reach our targets and make sure the girls who participated graduate and obtain a certificate.
Pros
free airtime and free break fast
Cons
no holidays only public holidays
3,0
The first thing was to communicate with the head office, check emails get in touch with the stakeholders. Have a brief meeting with the facilitators, offer technical support to facilitators and gilrs clubs.
Pros
Gives you room for personal growth
Cons
work on weekends
3,0
Have a good top management structure and support however they don't have way to monitor what they want to see happens in the lower ranks of management
5,0
I have never had a day at work, where there's one person having problems with the other.

Got to CMT as a driver, and I was given a chance to be facilitator

Was blessed to work at such a friendly place

Not planning for the next day, getting to work and find out that the schedule for the day has changed

colleagues
Cons
8 hours
5,0
It was a good work,it was a contract.I really enjoyed working with community,I learned more about working with people, I got pregnant on 2014 and got eresed from the contract, the contract said if u are absent for 30day u will be dismissed, by that I lost my contract job.
Pros
Any
3,0
It was fun working for Community Media Trust however, one was always worried about their job security as we were often informed that funding was a challenge. Management was amazing, transparent and easy to talk to. There were a few benefits but not the most important ones like medical aid and provident fund.
Pros
We did receive free lunch at the office during office hours, meetings. We even received money during the year end office closure
Cons
Sometimes we worked away from home, conducting trainings. We were working unusual hours.
3,0
Typical 9 to 5 reporting to supervisors and managers. Staff are friendly but some of the managers tend to be temperamental. No benefits and the salary is not good. They expect a lot from their employees.
3,0
Community Media Trust affords one the opportunity to learn all aspects of the media and television broadcast spectrum.

As an NGO it has its own set of unique challenges such as keeping funders on board and getting big broadcasters like the SABC interested.

A typical workday would include research and writing scripts for an upcoming documentary shoot. If I wasn't out shooting on location I would be at my desk writing an article or on the field interviewing subjects and officials.

On other days I would be involved in the post- production process after shoots.

My co-workers were, for the most part, people I enjoyed working with and I was fortunate enough to learn at the feet of some of the best editors and producers in the industry.

Pros
Exposure to television broadcasting
Cons
working for a very low stipend
4,0
On my typical day at work I do research, arrange interviews and studio guests. I also write scripts and do audio editing. I have a good and strong relationship with my co-workers as we always share ideas and sometimes they help me find stories for my shows and articles. The hardest part at my job is to find someone who is willng to share his or her personal story especially about HIV. I enjoy hosting the radio show and being part of our TV programme.
Pros
My organisation cares about its employees, by supplying them with the required equipment, and working environment, arrange safe travelling, and accomodation.
Cons
Job security is a problem as the organisation depends on funders.