Community Media Trust

South Africa25 reviews

Clear
3,4Work-Life Balance
2,7Job Security & Advancement

Fun workplace and flexible working hours

There are targets allocated for each person to cover of the whole year. You work mostly with different communities and schools. You get almost a month off from the middle of December till the the first two weeks of January

Competitive and pressured environment.

No room for growth, kept having conflict amongst us mentors when recruiting for schools. Non supportive environment, one small mistake you’re fired or sign a warning.

Productive and fun workplace

CMT is a portable place to grow and have lots of experienceYou learn to work amongst adolescents and young woman and have experience in recruitment

Pros

No lunch

Cons

4 hours

Fun and challanging

Work on targets not quality,poor management and favoritism.All they want is numbers (targets).No support from management at all but you learn to be able to work independently and the way that it suits you.

Pros

Good salaries and create your own work plan, do what works for you

Cons

Poor management, .Poor flow of information and work documents chanhes now and then, .No job security theu retrench when ever they feel like it

No job security

The managememt just cared about reaching target.They do not really care about the communities where they implement projects.

Pros

Training in good hotels

Cons

No job security

Relaxed environment

The job security is a major factor but overall a good company to work for. Management is mostly relatable and very easy going- As long as you can balance work and play, you should fit right in.

Productive and fun working Place Community Media Trust NGO

A typical day at work its a day when we go out to outreach in schools to teach girls about Life skills social, health and cognitive assets. I have learnt how to raise a resilient girl child how to be able to overcome or to endure tribulation without cracking or showing how bitter you are. The management is very good we submit to our superior and report to them. The work place culture is very fair we have diversity races its a multiracial company and we integrate smoothly without racism.The hardest part of the job is to recruit participants to the project it needs to persuade the girls and convince them about the benefits of the project to them. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we reach our targets and make sure the girls who participated graduate and obtain a certificate.

Pros

free airtime and free break fast

Cons

no holidays only public holidays

I enjoyed my job

It was a good work,it was a contract.I really enjoyed working with community,I learned more about working with people, I got pregnant on 2014 and got eresed from the contract, the contract said if u are absent for 30day u will be dismissed, by that I lost my contract job.

Pros

Any

Cons

We were allowed to have debriefing sessions,annual capacity building,

It was fun working for Community Media Trust however, one was always worried about their job security as we were often informed that funding was a challenge. Management was amazing, transparent and easy to talk to. There were a few benefits but not the most important ones like medical aid and provident fund.

Pros

We did receive free lunch at the office during office hours, meetings. We even received money during the year end office closure

Cons

Sometimes we worked away from home, conducting trainings. We were working unusual hours.

This organisation plays a very big role in South Africa as it educates and inform people.

On my typical day at work I do research, arrange interviews and studio guests. I also write scripts and do audio editing. I have a good and strong relationship with my co-workers as we always share ideas and sometimes they help me find stories for my shows and articles. The hardest part at my job is to find someone who is willng to share his or her personal story especially about HIV. I enjoy hosting the radio show and being part of our TV programme.

Pros

My organisation cares about its employees, by supplying them with the required equipment, and working environment, arrange safe travelling, and accomodation.

Cons

Job security is a problem as the organisation depends on funders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Media Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance