Community Media Trust

Clear
3,4Work-Life Balance
3,1Management

Fun and challanging

Work on targets not quality,poor management and favoritism.All they want is numbers (targets).No support from management at all but you learn to be able to work independently and the way that it suits you.

Pros

Good salaries and create your own work plan, do what works for you

Cons

Poor management, .Poor flow of information and work documents chanhes now and then, .No job security theu retrench when ever they feel like it

Theres lot of work

I can not do the impossible .. theres so much work and soon durations to submit the company is biased and you get a warning just because you're hated by someone..a lot of things are not fair and risky to report because you'll get a warning

It is good to change people lives, and solve their problems

I have experiance of working with community and solve their problems by referring them to right departmentOur management team are good and not taking sides I learned a lot from them, the worse part

Pros

Sometimes we get money for lunch

Cons

Yes long hours but we get paid for

Relaxed environment

The job security is a major factor but overall a good company to work for. Management is mostly relatable and very easy going- As long as you can balance work and play, you should fit right in.

Always scared of job losses

High job losses.Don't get a high credit from bank loans or vehicle or property..Otherwise the money is good but management fail to source funding from funders and government. Better work for WHI or ANOVA

Productive and fun working Place Community Media Trust NGO

A typical day at work its a day when we go out to outreach in schools to teach girls about Life skills social, health and cognitive assets. I have learnt how to raise a resilient girl child how to be able to overcome or to endure tribulation without cracking or showing how bitter you are. The management is very good we submit to our superior and report to them. The work place culture is very fair we have diversity races its a multiracial company and we integrate smoothly without racism.The hardest part of the job is to recruit participants to the project it needs to persuade the girls and convince them about the benefits of the project to them. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we reach our targets and make sure the girls who participated graduate and obtain a certificate.

Pros

free airtime and free break fast

Cons

no holidays only public holidays

fun

Have a good top management structure and support however they don't have way to monitor what they want to see happens in the lower ranks of management

We were allowed to have debriefing sessions,annual capacity building,

It was fun working for Community Media Trust however, one was always worried about their job security as we were often informed that funding was a challenge. Management was amazing, transparent and easy to talk to. There were a few benefits but not the most important ones like medical aid and provident fund.

Pros

We did receive free lunch at the office during office hours, meetings. We even received money during the year end office closure

Cons

Sometimes we worked away from home, conducting trainings. We were working unusual hours.

Work

Typical 9 to 5 reporting to supervisors and managers. Staff are friendly but some of the managers tend to be temperamental. No benefits and the salary is not good. They expect a lot from their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Media Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance