Compass Group

South Africa102 reviews

3,2Work-Life Balance

Found 102 reviews matching the searchSee all 8 073 reviews

Demanding but okay

The company was fined but just the management, their style is what I was against. You can not be telling employees everyday from nowhere that you’re overpaying them because it’s above the minimum wage. It made us feel that maybe the reason they were pushing us , always asking for more was to try and get rid of us.

Easy to learn and they a patient to teach you everything about their business

I work as a supervisor . It was good working with customers and challenges. Then work as an Administrator and they have a system called Worksmart which is lead you to do everything.

Pros

We do have free lunch and breakfast in the morning

Cons

It's nice to work in that company.

Socialize with workers

It's a good company as any it has challenges but it lacks Management skills and protection for workers income also doesn't go with the amount of work.

Low pay rate just need to negotiate on that its very unfair for us as storemans being paid cleaners rate in Mt Edgecombe life its very unfair

Salary rate is too low for us Storemans atleast pay rate according to our position cos you currently paying us cleaners rate its completely breaks ma heart when in needy people had to play us like this

Perfect

The company has good service on staff and clients,we are offered to learn more about what compass group is about and more studying opportunities are available

Always be transparent with the coligues nd respect your above 'management'

I had the best time working with the company am all about learning nd understand nd growing up in the company though some days are not the same but it's a very good field though I'd like to to try deserts nd new stuff.

The is no capitation

The company has no growth, working the was great some of the management are not open for growth, they only focus on themselves not about employee

I learned a lot from working at the ward as ward hostess to work as a food service assistant

It has been a wonder journey working at King Edward Hospital VIII as the people are welcome and friendly. I learned more about patients, Different types of food, preparing snacks and beverages. Attending meetings and Customer service.

My Compass Review

I enjoyed working at Compass because of the diversity, their training, high HSE standards and accomplishments. It's stressful, fast-paced at most Units I've worked at, but its exhilarating really if you love what you do. Office politics, job insecurity was a concern though.

Very busy but fun

Very busy but i learned how to handle pressure and management was very supportive. Good staff morale. Hosting different functions and staff rewards fof successful functions.

Stressful and no family life

Repetitive and not good work environment no management support,stressful environment hardest part is not having room for moving up ,no growth,no team support

Fun

Excellent Management open up organization on communications and they willing to let employees put their Ideas, they have one exquisite plan to develop their employees

Pros

Compass Gathering every now and then

Cons

Long Hours

Good company to work for

Compass strives to deliver good service to its clients and the employees are the friendliest. When it comes to management there is still room for improvement

Awesome

Awesome company to work for. Work hard. Play hard. I would recommend employment at this company to everyone. They pay well and are always looking after employee wellness

The best company i have ever worked for until we merged with Supercare the cultures was not good at all

I have grown into a a great leader during my stay at Compass, from being a sales coordinator to Facilities Management in different contracts, National Soft Services dealing and engaging with different clients in different industries especially in the mining sector under ESS division it was a great eye opener for me.

Professional Company

I worked at Compass for two months. The staff there were friendly and accommodating of us as interns. The payment was decent for vacation work. They wrote a nice letter of reference.

Well indeed the was very productive food were prepared on time lot of fresh blood on the work place.It was very fun at work we were like family time f

We work peace fully with a team each person knew exactly what to do because training was provided frequently.Learn to work individual and work as a team.Management have good communication with staff can handle complains effetively .Work place culture i could say was fun most us were young so we relate to each other,hardest was the rush hours.Ennjoyed satarday trainings.

Pros

Insentives

Its an okay company

Its an okay company to work for. I have grown a lot since i started there My day is usually very busy especially monthend I enjoy most parts of my job

It was a beautiful experience

I'm 33 yrs female with 2 daughters I'm hard working person easy to talk .I love cooking I've being since 10 yrs I like to try different dishes.one day I wish to have my own restuarant or cooking school.

It's a fun place to work for

I enjoyed working for this company so far there is no place like Compass, I wish I can go back.if there's an opportunity there I will jump for it There's is growth but you need to be patient.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Small salary

Word hostess

I was happy to work with different people getting healed. I loved to work at compass group the hardest part it was to clean the jag in the morning for patient.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

11 Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 8 073 reviews

3,2 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,9 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,8 out of 5 stars for Management
3,0 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Compass Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?