Compuscan

Compuscan Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with amazing colleagues and fun to learn on the job.

Compuscan has been the best company I worked for and would love to be back there.The colleagues were amazing and felt at home and wanted to be at work.

Pros

Pool table. Allowed us to be ourselves on the floor and they threw a lot of braai's.

Cons

It was a bit far to drive to but I wouldn't really put that as a con pay was a bit little.

productive and fun place

start at 8am close at 5 pm lunch at 1-2Open plan interactivemanagement some old school some open minded good mix hardest part of job; investigating fellow staff learnt a lot about people.

Pros

good collogues

Cons

not much of those

Enjoyable company to work for, More training needs to be provided, Old school colleagues needs to have a mind set changes on new ideas. Management gave compassion to family / personnel needs.

fun place to work on

Learning process was very interesting, I was learning new things as I was never worked at the credit bureau before. my supervisor was the reason i left.

Great company with good work ethic

The company has great values and strives to offer employees work life balance. I've expanded my knowledge around bureau data and more recently experienced a multi-national company merger with the Experian group.

Underpay staff ridiculously and unfairly.

Pay staff with scarce skills less than 50% of their potential earnings elsewhere. Make empty promises to staff regarding salary advancements. Increase salaries on amounts not agreed upon. Do not discuss increases with staff. Pay staff poorly and then treat them badly if they are not happy with salary. For example, will pay somebody with an honours degree from a good university who studied in a scarce skill profession a low salary and not expect the employee to complain. This company loves counter offers to employees, they will offer you 2 counter offers in a year, but will not expect you to resign or complain about the salaries. Very strict in terms of access control. i.e. HR will stalk the times you come in and out everyday even though you do not work in a cell center environment. This company will appoint you as having experience in one tool or software package and expect you to do the same work in a new software package without relevant training or support from Management.

Pros

Canteen on site. Stellenbosch is a nice area to work in.

Cons

Long hours, days without lunch breaks etc.

Fun workplace..but

Job culture is what makes this place the best, nice people and we are all a family. I have learned alot and because of this company I have greatly improved on every aspect of my skillset. Hardest part currently is the humongus pressure, lack of staff and little time to complete tasks. Lots of overtime as a result of this, very little to zero social life is what makes a person demotivating and uninspired hence I'm on Indeed.co.za at the moment.

Pros

Bonus, easy vibe

Cons

Lack of staff, excessive overtime

Wonderful Culture and Vibe, at a cost

It's extremely wonderful to work here because of the people I'm working with, they make it worthwhile and forget about the cons of being here. Relaxed vibe at Compuscan hence why I'm 8 years here already. The only negative aspect is the lack of performance bonuses and proper renumeration. I can get 1.5times my salary someplace else but I'm staying at Compuscan because of the nice environment and fellow colleagues. At Compuscan I learned alot, from zero knowledge in development to a more intermediate level. Management is great, no difficulties experienced ever nor conflict. The hardest part of the job is the excessive workflow and limited time to complete a task, this is due to lack of staff and increase in overtime spent late evenings.

Pros

Birthday Leave

Cons

Excessive Overtime, short staffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compuscan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compuscan Reviews by Location

• Compuscan
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?