Continental

Continental Employee Reviews

South Africa26 reviews
4,0
I wish they would have employed their trainees after finishing their training even if it was a year Contract then after that they can let them go,thank you
3,0
Technological advanced but stereotype and hostile to other racial groups especially of African descent. But overall the company is productive and has a first class engineering.
4,0
Productive and fun work place. Shift patterns that are manageable with everybody willing to assist at anytime of the day. You also get training within.
3,0
Opportunities are there for certain people that are favourites or friends of management.The job culture is good people on the floor they work together as a team.
Pros
Quarterly bonus
Cons
you work overtime but do not get paid(Banking hours)
4,0
• There is some repetitive tasks in my day . . . Maybe adds up to about 30% of my day.

• Then depending on the day

• We can have project review

• Loading new product bom’s in sap

• Attend to any production related challenges for the day

• Focus on my development work

- Compound / fabric / process / cost outs

• Either planning or doing trials or compiling reports.
3,0
Global company, opportunities to work abroad, driven by manufacturing innovations. Regular employee satisfaction surveys conducted. Has various international manufacturing plants
Pros
International transfers
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
Firstly the shift handovers are immaculate for the start of each shift. Which make it very easy to start-up, especially the housekeeping. Beginning of each shift, a meeting is conducted and the team will know is expected from them to complete each shift.
Pros
Free lunches, incentives and awards.
Cons
Overtime, Assist when employees are absent and working on weekends.
4,0
I enjoyed working for Continental tyre SA as I have learnt a lot in the past few years and the experience I gained as a qualified artisan at the company.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long ours
5,0
Its a very good company that looks after its employees
Never disappoints when it comes to paying salary

In a month we work 3 weeks on and 1 week off

We also get 50% on tyres that we want to purchase so thats great
Pros
Off week
4,0
Normal daily targets to achieve,assist where possible,problem solving i.e. communication (make they understand).People is the company biggest asset.Be honest , trustworthy transparent.Be positive and treat everyone with respect. maintain dissipline not always nice but fair to everyone,Share achievements with staff and leaving after workplace with a smile.
5,0
The people are working together as a team and is very few companies in South Africa that employees will greet you on their own way no matter what type of mood there are.
Pros
People are very friendly
Cons
Sometimes long hours
5,0
Very good company. the environment is perfect. Employees are good to each other. Salary is good for the Job title. I enjoyed every moment spent at continental. so much to learn and very big room to grow.
4,0
The company has a great culture where employees can feel part of a family. It provides great career opportunities for employees whom perform. It has good structures and policies in place and has a clear direction from management.
4,0
There were many occasions were we would find ourselves in deep end as the work was piling all the time and had to make means when the workers are being layed-off
Pros
free lunch and machandise
Cons
12 hours a day
3,0
A good company for a person to grow but only up to certain level. they train their employeed in areas where they lack. A company that looks after it people very well
5,0
My typical day at work would consist of loading and inspecting of tyres.
I learned that attention to detail is very important and the hard work one puts in is what you get out.

The managers I had were really understanding and they made me feel comfortable they were easy to communicate with, but at the same time they still gave me that extra push.

The hardest part of my job would be the lifting of tyres and especially when its hot in the factory, but I still enjoyed it very much.

I enjoyed meeting new people and just the fact that I was always busy made my job enjoyable.
Pros
free takkies, free Christmas hampers and getting paid every Friday
3,0
The M&S and HR environments are flexible, stimulating and generally positive.

Working environment is fast paced, and dynamic. Responsibilities are clear and goals are transparent.

Development is a topic taken very seriously.
5,0
Working at Continental was like being with family,everyone i worked with was very co-operative and fun.I learnt how to be a leader,how to communicate with people,how to be a grown-up.I get along with my Bosses . hardest part of the job was learning how to be a(jumper) meaning u must releave all 4 operators who worked in Curing Derpartment before u go out to lunch.AND the most enjoyable part of the job was to work with my mentor who was my Supervisor.
Pros
we used to have gifts during shut-down
Cons
I love working overtime
3,0
I have had a lot of working experience and had a lot of learning experience. It is a nice place to work for. I loved working there, but after I had an IOD doing my Job to the best of my ability got difficult. Working shifts is not my strong point after the birth of my son. Finding a night care nanny is hard as they also have family's.
Pros
the benifits and medical aid
Cons
shifts
3,0
Nice place, good ppl, very well structured, except for management ideology.
There is no day the same, ever, there are always issues with supply or customers - it has been said that a good Quality person will work themselves out of a job, which is what I achieved, so therefore moved from Quality to Processing - with no fiscal benefit.
Pros
Technologically advancing rapidly
Cons
Over 60 hr weeks, no weekends, no overtime, and very difficult to get leave ilo.
4,0
It is a nice place to work, a very good environment. It is a place where i have learned to communicate with different customers. Wether they are friendly or not. What i have learned is that the customer is always right no matter what.
Pros
Own lunches
Cons
Normal hours