Coriant

Coriant Employee Reviews in Naperville, IL

Naperville, IL21 reviews
4,0
Combination of customers meeting (travel) with internal conference calls, training, etc. Very professional management, with strong focus on customer satisfaction and employees performance.
5,0
Good place to work but company left Nigeria to South Africa due to imbalance of trade practices between the Chinese Vendors and others. I work remotely from Nigeria and my bosses were in South Africa, United Kingdom and UAE. Atypical day at work is meeting Customer to introduce new product or do a bill of material of an existing offer. Work place culture is online based because we heard meeting one every week to discuss current issue with customer and how to make more deals
5,0
Coriant was formed as an independent company in 2013. The technology comes from - Siemens Optical Networks, Tellabs, and Sycamore Networks. Coriant helps customers around the world empower revenue-generating services with cost-disruptive innovations purpose-built for the hyperscale generation.
2,0
... But going nowhere with current management. After long years with no pay raise, they decided to cut costs and close down several departments and ship the jobs overseas or to local in-country subcontractors. No career advancement inside that company that is going downhill.
3,0
Was a great place to work. Provided much experience and many challenges. Change in strategy is moving jobs to China and Europe. Can not recommend as I am not sure they are hiring.
1,0
Was a good place to work in Naperville because of a great engineering team and high innovation. Over past couple of years, management shuffles resulted in increasing influence from CEO and others who lack vision. Eliminated the R&D in North America, where all of the innovation and complex design was originating, leaving only European and China locations that lack the experience and guidance to prevent the free fall. Once current product mix and contracts run out, so will Coriant. Very sad to see what has happened.
Pros
Plenty of good memories from Tellabs days, before the Coriant train wreck.
Cons
Declining revenues, product development and innovation has nearly ceased, feeling of inevitable further collapse.
4,0
Looking to relocate and start a new atmosphere. Need more training to advance in my position. Looking forward to apply my skills to a new environment. Highly skilled in the IT environment.
3,0
Development staff is very capable, however a number of executive decisions and declining sales have forced many reductions in force, and low morale. The technology and products provide enjoyable work as does the engineering staff.
Pros
good people
Cons
sales cannot support the business
2,0
This company is dead, poor executive decisions lead to Tellabs to be acquired by VC Marlyn, which gutted the assets and left it for dead. No assets and funding left our largest customers wary to continue to do business with us. If constant layoffs of personnel sounds good to you, this is your company.
5,0
It was a good place to work, but my job was transferred out of the country. I had a very good manager and worked with good people. It is unfortunate that they moved my job to China.
3,0
People are great, but the company is continuing to shrink in the Naperville location, so no job security. All hardware development work has been eliminated.
3,0
When company was formally Tellabs it was a great place to work. As a Tech Support Eng you worked with all departments to meet customer needs and resolved network problems. Working in a telecom technology company give you a broad knowledge and understanding of telecom.
Pros
working with other departments to resolved technical issues.
Cons
no comment
2,0
Locally a very hands off management style, a great environment to work in if you are a self starter. The employees across sites work well together, much better than at previous places I had worked at. At the corporate level, do not expect to be informed of the health or status of the company, that information is not shared. The lack of communication does not help morale, allowing the rumor mill to run rampant.
Pros
It is a collabrative environment to work in, everyone is helpful and they want you to succeed.
Cons
Shortcuts are always being taken to help get the product out the door, which has an adverse effect on customer quality, and may be a reason for the continual cost cutting and downsizing.
4,0
Coriant is an equipment vendor in the ultra competitive telecommunications industry. Every minute of every day can bring new challenges. If you maintain a strong work ethic and a positive attitude you can (and will) leave each day with a sense of accomplishment.
4,0
The location, people, and technology were great. Although the telecom industry has been struggling for more than a decade now and that has forced the company to downsize quarter after quarter.
3,0
Important to come to work with a to-do list as the challenging environment gives rise to many issues to be addressed. Learned to focus on the most critical tasks each day. Take the time to help others as well as find opportunity for improvement and pushed forward on my own initiative to make minor efficiency improvements.. Management works to keep the company progressing toward strategic goals which at times requires new controls and policies. Most of the staff is committed to company success and engaging in team work and creative thinking to keep forward momentum.
Pros
Leading edge technology product development
Cons
None noted
4,0
Management is poor, to many managers in one department It is a multiculturtal place to work Management is poor with the workload
2,0
Company appears to be at a crossroad. Coriant bought Tellabs almost two years ago and it appears they are over their heads. Tellabs, at one point was a place most people would recommend. A great place to work.Sagging sales and continual cutbacks have made it a shell of what it once was.
3,0
The merger of the companies acquired by the owners is proceeding as expected. Reorganization efforts implemented by the CEO should provide some relief.
Pros
Free fruit, nice gym
4,0
Coriant has nice work culture. People are jolly and the environment is not at all stressed. Employees do their work and enjoy at the same time. I was given many projects during my internship. I successfully completed all under the guidance of my mentor
Pros
One free fruit daily
4,0
I enjoyed working at this job. I learned so much over the years. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friends I made. I worked on many different projects and gained valuable knowledge and skills in the process.