Cornerstone Brands
3,3 out of 5 stars.

Cornerstone Brands Employee Reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

Good place to start in CS wfh

They are very focused on proper training and making sure you are set up for success. The downside is I wasn't given the schedule I chose upon hire and the attendance policy made it difficult to stay in the position.

It’s all about the bottom line.

It’s all about the bottom line. Although they say they encourage you to have a work life balance they make it impossible for it to happen with the continued growing workload and great expectations. There is a great effort to retain the Frontline workers however there are no incentives no encouragement no training from senior leader ship for those in middle-management. There is no room for growth and development or advancement even when they have acknowledged that an individual is ready for advancement new efforts are made to make that happen. New York is they do create opportunity however not true advancement but more lateral and often for less compensation or equal compensation. I know when you perform well there is very little acknowledgment and it becomes the norm and a part of your regular expectations. Often when asked to provide feedback it can sometimes be held against you later down the line.

Not a good place

Management sucks they only care about them selfies never for there employees . They always have bad attitudes so just beware before you think about working for them

Not Bad

Easy work and the management are really nice, at least my supervisor was. All the position are easy and like I said the supervisors there are great and help you with anything you need.

No loyalty and not completely honest with their employees.

I worked there for 10 years part time. I got sick and didn’t qualify for any type of leave so they let me go. Also blamed any technical issues on me even though their systems were always having issues.

Not a bad place to work considering all the perks you get. The company needs to evaluate their management in my opinion it is a poorly managed warehouse.

Pros

Catered lunches sometimes

Cons

Poor management

Very liberal company. Raises are only 3% now matter if you do great at your job or not

Generous PTO. However does not relate to review time. Only 3% regardless of your performance. Very liberal company. Does not relate to my own personal business ethic. Did not like the atmosphere.

Pros

Had a nice cafeteria

Cons

Work atmosphere

Not a bad job

Just your typical customer service position. Has its ups and downs like any other job. Answer a lot of calls back to back, usually dealing with tracking a package or updating information. Hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers

no work life balance

There is no work life balance.Have to work late and have to work work the weekends. cannot take vacation time or paid time off.Have to work on vacation scheduled off.

Pay not in line with remote expenses

I worked from home for Cornerstone Brands. However, the pay was extremely unfair compared to the expenses Cornerstone Brands requires work-at-home employees to accept in order to work for Cornerstone Brands. Their excuse for the low pay was that working from home meant you saved money on gas. However, the gas savings does not compensate for the required expense of work-at-home employees having to purchase and use their own personal computer for Cornerstone Brands work, or the employee having to pay for and use their own internet service or the employee having to purchase the phone system needed for customer service calls or the employee having to use space in their home for an office or the employee having to pay for a desk, chair, printer and supplies for Cornerstone Brands work, or the employee having to pay increased utility expenses such as electricity, heating and cooling to work for Cornerstone Brands or the employee having to pay for health insurance. All of those expenses would normally be paid by the employer for employees working in an office. However, by having employees work from home, Cornerstone Brands is saving 100% of the money on those expenses, but, instead of passing some of those savings on to remote employees in higher pay to cover added expenses borne by the remote employees, Cornerstone Brands pockets 100% of those savings by passing 100% of the expenses to remote employees. And, the savings on gas does not come anywhere near to covering those expenses. It actually costs a Cornerstone Brands work-at-home employee more to work for Cornerstone Brands. -

Pros

None compared to the expenses

Cons

Expenses

Job overview

Toxic environment, along with the worst supervisors possible. They'll screw you out of PTO, and vacation days you rightfully worked for. It's basically high school, but with grown adults.

Pros

None.

Cons

No work, horrible supervisors, high school reunion

Nothing good

Terrible the supervisor’s are bullies talk down to you make fun other co workers and do nothing nasty company and horrible management. I would not tell anybody to work there it’s not about who u are it’s all about who likes you.

Pros

Insurance and mass personal time

Cons

Everything just nasty people

Work from Home legit job with benefits. +++++

I feel very lucky to have been working with this company for 7 years. I enjoy working with the products and the customers (most of the time).It is sometime hard to follow the metrics to the standards they enforce but overall I still want to work for CSB. Finding a Work at Home job that offers benefits and you can work in your PJ's is a definite perk. I wish the pay was greater but I keep in mind the money I save not having to drive to work and all the other I have to go out in public entails. I rate this job as a B++

Pros

WAH position, Discounts, Benefits

Cons

Working weekends and most Holidays

Good management and good benefits and perks

Very simple job you do it and its a great place to work. Customer service can of course at times be stressful but overall it was a great place to be. I learned a lot about sales and high end retail. Management was always very supportive and encouraging in pursuing advancement opportunities which are vast and always available here. Hardest part is not being able to work effectively due to other departments or vendors not resolving issues on their end. Such as shipping delays, sending out orders that were cancelled, picking wrong items in warehouse or waiting for order updates from suppliers.

Pros

Giveaways and recognition for meeting performance goals

Cons

No financial incentive for meeting performance and sales goals like other companies in this field

They explode the employees

Is a really fast paced environment. When they see you are good at your job, they start taking advantage of you and literally explode you will working. Terrible management, terrible culture. NEVER COMING BACK.

It was ok

Pay was ok, raises were minimal. Most of the other workers were ok guys. Mandatory overtime sucks when they make you go to a different warehouse then the one you actually work at

Easy job with fair pay.

This was my first work at home experience. I'm glad I was given the opportunity. I really enjoyed the 40 percent employeee discount and it's affiliated compants. Pay was decent.

Pros

The discounts

Cons

Quality and handling times

Run of the mill call center (remote)

Attitudes from those in position to help. Time off never approved. Low entry pay. Customers demand something for nothing. Constantly changing promotions. No free standard free shipping shipping (promotion based).

Just stop while you’re ahead

Worst job I’ve ever had if you want to be treated poorly , then work here. You don’t get to get up and use the restroom. They want you to meet a realistic metrics .

Pros

Remote opportunities

Cons

Everything else lol

WAH, training is paid, enjoyed the seasonal position

Enjoyed the seasonal wah position. Always had support if necessary. The company provided perks for GR, QVC, FL and BD which was nice. I recommend this place

Good First Job

This was my first finance job. Overall, it was a good experience. In retrospect, I wish the managers provided constructive feedback more than once per year

Pros

Pto, clean work space

Cons

At times unclear or muddled courses of action

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Brands. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance