Cornerstone Building Brands

Cornerstone Building Brands Employee Reviews

2,8Work-Life Balance

Showing all 1 508 reviews

Decent job

Decent job but some members of management and employees don’t like for you to speak your mind or defend yourself. You can be judged not by your work ethic but how a certain person feels about you and the higher ups are completely ok with that

Dysfunctional and Unaware Management

Shift work, mornings/evenings and occasional Saturdays. Management was clueless. Would set up individuals to fail. They had a 120% turnover at one point within my tenure and the plant manager talked about it like it was a good thing. No time to perform proper maintenance on equipment was ever given. Nobody cared about there jobs. Just wanted the paycheck. Coworkers were very friendly.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Poor uneducated management

Keep your head down and your mouth closed!

It is hard work physically, but you aren't micromanaged. Be careful with what you say and who you say it to. Make sure you, your supervisor, and your shift lead are all on the same page and don't trust that the information you give to your supervisor will be shared with your shift lead, tell them both YOURSELF.

Pros

Good money

Cons

They will manufacturer a reason to fire you if they don't like you.

Very segregated business units, but they are working on that

Diverse business units have numerous different ERPs, support teams work non-stop it seems. Company is investing on trying to integrate some ERPs into single source.Recent economic trends led to cutting top heavy leadership positions.

Pros

Somewhat flexible on actual hours worked daily.

Cons

Too many people involved in order to get decisions made.

Unproductive workplace with uneducated management

I worked in accounting I had a horrible experience working with the account manager, who was mean and rude and yelled at coworkers, who asked a question on how to do something no help from human resources.

Pros

Nope

Cons

Simply at bad place to work. Coworkers though ok.

No promotion path. Corporate IT interferes with getting things done. Great support from local IT when they have access to do their job. Some area are ok, but many are bad and don’t help or support the worker. Promises are never kept. Wages are good though.

Pros and cons

Company was good to work for prior to merger. Management is not transparent and communication is nonexistent. Flexibility and no micromanagement is a plus.

Overall good place

Overall great place I’ve been there for 7 months and have no problems at all with that place kind people and easy work pretty simple job rolls you can learn a lot.

Pros

Easy work

What is the best part of working at the company?Free coffee free water and paid time off What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Coming into work knowing that I’m underpaid and not being treated fairlyWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Hot in the summer cold in the winterWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Work is work welding beams and pipes all day everyday

Horrible management

Poor communication, poor operation, MANAGEMENT ALWAYS SENDS OUT THREATS, and always problems with getting paid, last. Management changes production times last minute without regard to employees personnel plans

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cornerstone Building Brands?

Very bad company

It has a union. Management is not good. They have no respect for aged workers. I worked 28 years plus 8 previously and when I retired this company and union did not even give me a $1 card for retirement after all those years. I never missed a day and worked very hard for them . I was very hurt when I retired.

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

No pension. Low wages for floor workers

Official response from Cornerstone Building Brands

6 February 2023
We appreciate your feedback and are sincerely apologetic for the experience you had with our company. We want to assure you that we appreciate your 28 years of hard work, but it is important to note that wages and other benefits including pension is something that is always determined after conducting market analysis and negotiations with the union which is always at par with the market standards. Therefore, we do apologize if your retirement package was not up to par with your expectations. Normally if an individual retires on their own accord, we do not have a ‘voluntary retirement package’ which is perhaps what you were referring to. Additionally, we do have a retirement gift program for all Cornerstone Building Brand (PlyGem Canada) employees. Should you be interested, please contact our HR Department at Ply Gem Canada. As we continue to strive to become a premium employer, we also would appreciate your feedback to help us build on our efforts.

What is the best part of working at the company?Great core values. Safety, integrity, innovation and teamwork. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Reduction in force. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Safety and teamwork oriented.

What is the best part of working at the company?Amazing coworkersWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Extremely fast paced and rarely get breaks on time. Way underpaid for duties expect and horrible leadership What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Extremely stressfulWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Exhausting and stressful

N/a

Great company easy work…I was an utility specialist and I was giving the pleasure of moving up in the company and I did I started as an associate and work my way up..

What is the best part of working at the company?The production workers are the best part of the company. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management never appreciated the work being done or the dedication given to themWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?I meet a lot of great people there they made you feel like family but the company didn’t think it would be nice to celebrate their worker’s achievements or to even give a thank youWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Stress on top of stress there are more chiefs than Indians

What is the best part of working at the company?You definitely stay busy and I enjoyed learning new skills. I just didn't get increased pay when I did.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Old management. I mean how many times does a place have to be bought before someone gets rid of the old chiefs and put new chiefs. Or else you'll have the same outcome.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Unruly ridiculous amounts of affairs and drugs I felt unsafe. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stretch morning meeting. My skill level was high but report to station do your job and home long days heavy lifting and ignorant supervisors that don't know diddly about half the jobs they're supposed to oversee.

Great people

Decent pay not the best & decent environment. Hours arnt too bad but everyone needs a check so why not. Weekly makes it worth it but thats what it'll be.

Pros

People

Cons

Breaks

There is nothing fun there

They lead do know how to talk to you they have know respect for employe. If you call out will get a point. You may do four hours day some time. Good luck if you wanna work for them

What is the best part of working at the company?The pay is fair and weekly..What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No temperature control

Work life balance way off

Expectation was to work 8-9 hours then do more “while you’re sitting watching TV” at home. Literally this was said to me by my manager. Needless to say, I immediately began looking for other work. This is prevalent throughout most of the departments … work and work some more. Be glad you have a job. If you don’t have a family and want to “build some hours”, give it a go.

Pros

Decent wages for 40 hours. 6% company match 100% vested immediately

Cons

Not worth 50-60 a week.

Absolutely horrible

They refuse to acknowledge the poor management practices lead to a poor work environment. Forced overtime in the summer, cut hours in the winter. Pay raises depend on how well you’re liked by team leaders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Building Brands. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 508 reviews