Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc.
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Fast employment

Really quuck to get hired. Did not even need to go through any interview process. The job itseld took less than a day to learn and was really easy to pick up.

Horrible company to work for

This company is a temp service that doesn't seem like it has your best interest at heart. No benefits. Worked at company for almost a year and never a mention about getting hired full time.

Pros

Hours

Cons

No benefits, stay a temp forever

Barely work horrible hours long drives

No raises or room for advancementYou are expected to drive up to 5 hours a day for no compensation Your training is a 5 minute YT vid 0 safety on site

Pros

Cons

Long drives no per diem lack of safety practices almost no job training

Productive and a good agency

Very good environment to work and the HR management people communicate and help the employees to archive work, very fast service this is the second time I work with them my assignation has been good work environment to work

Great Company!

Cornerstone Staffing cares about their employees. Great pay, work environment, and perks. They offer 4 day work weeks which is a rare find! I am happy to work here!

A breath of fresh air!

I have worked in the staffing industry for over 12 years. My move to Cornerstone was the best decision I ever made! I went from just being a number to being a valued member of a team. My boss treats me with respect and values my work. The CEO is the kindest, humblest person. He takes the time to speak to everyone and weighs all feedback. It is a growing company, and no company is perfect. You have to have realistic expectations and be able to hold yourself accountable in your work. Any employer would expect that. As Cornerstone grows they are implementing new processes and policies that are, in my opinion, needed and for the better. The pay is very fair and the benefits are good. My stress level is very low, I love what I do and I have the best work life balance that I have ever experienced. If you are looking for a great company culture and a lot of opportunity...come here.

They are so friendly

I felt like this company took the time to hear me and were able to place me at a job that fit my life style! They listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. They were so patient with me and even helped me on the computer.

Great place to work!

The management team was very supportive and helpful. The team culture was great but some people weren’t team players. Over all great experience. I would work for them again.

Sales and Numbers are very important!!

Cornerstone Staffing lacks compassion for their own employees. The Managers are lazy, stress is high, pressure to meet sales goals start the first day you do, Office structure is unprofessional, Corporate degrades their employees with not so friendly emails and the owner is so embarrassed no one knows who it is. People get stressed out and quit or they dont reach their hiring numbers and get let go. They cannot keep their own offices staffed let alone anyone elses. There was one recruiter in Traverse City, one in Cadillac and none in Flordia. Overall if you want a stable job this may not be the company to work for.

Pros

The pay is good if you meet your sales numbers, hiring numbers, Call numbers, text numbers and advertising numbers.

Cons

The pressure to make the company money starts the same day you do.

I loved the company and management. I wish they would have been able to make a go of it in my area

I would definitely work for them again if they were within driving distance. Great management. Great pay. They will find you a job quickly if you are wanting to work.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc.?

Management is always helpful

This company helped me grow a lot work wise and learn a lot. The hours are great and they work with you. Also management is always so helpful and they always answer any questions I have. As of now they offer no benefits which would be nice but it’s still an overall great company.

Pros

Flexible schedule, always helpful, and cares about their employees

Cons

No benefits

Great Teamwork for the common goal

Enjoyed my coworkers and most of our clients. The team worked together to fill orders as they came in. When covid came, micromanagement happened. Overall it was a good experience.

They’ll find a job for you

I can’t really say much about Cornerstone save for the fact that they found a job for me when things were looking pretty bleak considering I got hired in 2020. As far as the subtle nuances, the staff made sure I went through the proper channels and was given the necessary tests before I ever reported for work and they make sure those credentials are kept current.As time went on, there were other instances that I found to be lacking, such as the fact I’m supposed to have a driver rating, but I guess I do just enough that the client I work for decides to keep me around. And I had to shop for my own insurance which is really rough for someone in my position. Then there was the matter of applying for another job through Cornerstone, but when I attempted to follow up, I didn’t even get an update as to whether I had been rejected so I just had to assume their silence was the answer.If you’re in that bad of a bind, I’d recommend them, but I’d tell any potential employees not to expect much.

Pros

Quick job placement, friendly staff

Cons

Lack of communication

It's a great place to work!

I've learned so much working here. My boss supports my career goals as well as my work-life balance. I've seen several people come and go from the company but those that are strong, smart and dedicated have stuck around to take care of each other. They are pretty incredible.

Pros

Supportive, Challenging, Down to earth Management Team

Cons

Base Salaries are low. Commission is good but bonuses are changed without notice.

Flexible schedule, corporate knows your name, management seeks your input

Company is usually able to work with schedule conflicts and goals are discussed and agreed on. Trust is given to follow up with clients and make day to day decisions. Company provides training with vendors and typically has off site quarterly meetings offering branches the chance to come together.

Great Place with Great People

The staff at Cornerstone are all great. All of the branches are very helpful and Management appreciates you and and rewards you when appropriate. I enjoyed working their.

Pros

people, pay

Dishonest and Untrustworthy Place to Work

I used to work for Cornerstone as a Sales Person 2 years ago. The people I worked with, including my manager, were all very nice and good people to work with, the problem is the policies, culture, and upper management. People were often brought in at different rates, no set raise system to reward hardworking employees, rather, they put emphasis on a commission based compensation plan. This isn't the most uncommon thing in the world, it's not even necessarily a bad thing, the problem is that Cornerstone will take away that commission bonus if the branch has too low of profits, regardless if you are working hard and hitting exceptional numbers, and they'll also take the commission bonus away if you give notice, or if they write you up. They use the commission bonus as not only a carrot, but also a stick. It makes me uncomfortable that a company does this with impunity. I personally only had my last commission check taken away from me, but I knew coworkers who, if they got on the wrong side of management, were written up for small problems and then the company would take their commission away, sometimes for up to 3 months. Moral of the story, if you are interested in working for the company, be ok with the base rate, do not put any faith in the commission bonus, treat it as just that...a bonus, not something to be depended on. They could be a good company to work for if they treated their employees better and had more transparency.

Pros

If you have a good team, it can be a fun day to day job

Cons

No job security, company is spiteful, low pay

21 April 2021
I'm so sorry you feel this way. We'd love to learn from you. Please send an email to hirethebest@cssitalent.com and we'll send you a confidential exit interview so we can continue to grow.

No training or accountable staff!

If you choose to work here as a Recruiter beware that your branch manager does not care for your growth and your hardwork gets split by the team even when you did all the work on your own.

Cons

Favoritism, no room for growth, toxic environment

Liars and Scabbers

They said I would get a machining job easily with my skills, but all they did was throw me at random companies unrelated to my skillset. I was really excited when they finally set me up with a job... Until it was just 8 hours of deburring parts for barely 10 bucks an hour with shift premium. If you say the job isnt the right fit you either have to stay there for a week or go on "probation" where you're not available to be placed for 6 months.

Management has changed

Used to be great, unfortunately management has become a micro managing machine. Starting to become a flex desk position and you are asked to do things that aren't on your employee handbook. Many people are looking to leave the company right now.

stability with companies

I find with temporary staffing companies, cornerstone staffing included, that you are not allowed to go to your Dr. Appointments even if you let them know in advance. The allow you to go to your Dr. Appt's, but they count it against you. 1 time you can leave to take care of family issues or Dr. appointments. Life happens, and they should allow a certain amount of times to leave for these occurrence's. Also, if you're assignment ends for a 2nd time due to companies issues, Cornerstone can't use you anymore. They remove you from their list of employees availability list. I don't think this is fair at all.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

10 minute breaks, to short of breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,1 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,5 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Cornerstone Staffing Solutions, Inc.