Cotlands

Cotlands Employee Reviews

South Africa11 reviews
4,0
The few days I spent there I had a smile on your face and great energy to make a difference. The team was very accepting and worked well together to ensure an overall success.
5,0
Cotlands is a multi-award winning, non-profit organisation with a rich history and 80 plus years of experience in serving young children.
Cotlands heeded the call to build a stronger nation by ensuring that as many potentially vulnerable children as possible have access

to play-based early learning opportunities during early childhood.

As an organisation, Cotlands is working towards making South Africa a more equal society by creating access to play-based early learning opportunities for young children.

Through the generous contributions of donors and partners, Cotlands initiates and facilitates innovative, play-based early learning opportunities for young children. Children are provided access to toy library and playgroup programmes aimed at improving school readiness.

The programmes are designed to ignite potential through play by enhancing children’s language and mathematics skills as well as ensuring physical and social-emotional development. The ultimate goal is to ensure that children have the required skills to excel academically and socially when entering formal schooling.
Pros
Secure working environment
1,0
Worst company to work for. Staff treatment horrible. Salary just too little. The company's way of doing business is not progressive. If you an option do not join
Pros
Nothing I can think of
Cons
Just about everything
5,0
It a productive company that is able to uplift their stuff,take them to short courses for the stuff to have more knowledge about the work their doing.an open minded company who gives further education an assistance to their stuff.
Pros
Free birthday gift to every staff
Cons
No long hours
5,0
A day a the cotlands is filled with laughter and joy. Management is always there to help. It's a friendly environment as people learn more and help children develop.
Pros
Free lunch and resources are paid for
2,0
At Cotlands,many employees were willing to go the extra mile to bring in the money. Most of the employees would travel from afar using trains carrying equipment to use when playing with children in the settlement sectors,,I use to go in different places in the township including informal settlements to provide free education through playing games and puzzles,we worked under difficult situations whereby sometimes we will be working under the trees just to help less fortunate children.
Pros
No free lunches
1,0
It would make a big difference if the government would fund the organization more. Even though the hours were long it was exciting for me working course I new how much of a difference my good work was gonna do in the childrens lives.
4,0
Cotlands is a good NGO to work with . It gives you a room to grow and study.
I learned to be more responsible and accountable for all task I need to do.
Pros
No free lunches.
Cons
I have to come to work 30minutes earlier .
4,0
Cotlands is a charitable non government organisation that help needy children and babies who are orphaned as a result of HIV AIDS or neglect. everyone in Cotlands sees him/herself as a member of the family and does well to contribute their quota.
Pros
free food n accomodation
3,0
I enjoyed working at cotlands, I did interact well with the staff and they were all helpful in assisting me when needed. I learned the basics on human resources although it was not my field of study.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cotlands?
5,0
fun workplace and productive company with good management and dedicated workers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
normal working hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cotlands. Our community is ready to answer.
3,4