Council for Medical Schemes

Council for Medical Schemes Employee Reviews

South Africa3 reviews
4,0
Monitoring medical schemes compliance with the Medical Schemes Act. Investigate any governance matters that are referred to us or picked up through our own information analyses. Offering governance advises to medical schemes boards of trustees.
2,0
My typical day at work include interpreting data, using statistical software (SAS), writing and delivering reports, maintaining databases and providing assistance to management. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work with numbers.
5,0
My typical day at work ttending to a stakeholder meeting, perusing a complaint/ case file, drafting a directive or issuing a sanction to a regulated entity for non-compliance with a particular provision of a particular Act. Analysing an application for an exemption, drafting a memorandum motivating for approval or rejection of the application. Attending to telephonic queries on governance and regulatory related matters in relation to the organisation's regulatory mandate.

I have learnt a lot in terms of time management, making relations with stakeholders, decision making and proffessionalism.

There is an element of unity and a team spirit on my co-workers, It is a joy working with them.

The hardest part of my job is having to sometimes work on week-ends.

The most enjoyable part is when I get appraisals from stakeholders for a job well done, timeously and meticulously.
Pros
non-refundable payment by the organisation for continuous education, perfomance bonuses.
Cons
little or no room for career growth in terms of promotion.