cticc
4,1 out of 5 stars.

cticc Employee Reviews

South Africa21 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

It was nice working as a waiter

I was working as a waiter role. Sometime running a coffee machine also cleaning the working place,provide trolley, well come the customer with drinks make them feel at home.

Very competitive job, good working environment

Be responsible, and always available to help, be honest and flexible at all times, my experience at cticc was good except salary was not that great, and for that reason l had to leave

Fun, interactive, exposure

Working at CTICC by that time was amazing because it gave me exposure as it dealt with both international and local events. It was stressful because of the bigger numbers of delegates on an event that needed more long hours of work.

Shifts

We had to work shifts, sometimes we would work two days a week because we were depending on events. When there were no events we would stay at home. There was no pressure

Cticc

My experience at cticc was many things,from exciting ti challenging. There was always something to do alot of running around and always spur of the moment requests from the Client which made it always exciting . I enjoyed every moment of my working there . I worked well with the clients and that way i got respect from them.From the Exec sous chef to the BOH manager.

The worst place to work for....

Cticc is the worst place to work for. CEO, Managers, supervisors is RACIST on all level. Don't care about the employees only look after them self. They change the rules on a daily basis like they want. Tell me one gud thing about them and I will give you a 100 bad ones.

Pros

Left overs

Cons

Extra long hours

For me was a good experience everyone is keen to help where I can't because the time I was there I was still a student everyone understand that I'm a student which I'm here to learn more

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Enough good hourd

Working safety

Am a hard working young lady who always willing to help in a working environment and make sure safety is always first before anything.also make safety

Pros

Free ppe

Cons

Office hours

fun at times

nice people and some not so nice... hours are long but can be enjoyable and at times especially at night then there's nothing to do while a function is taking place. i enjoyed my time but as any other workplace sometimes it's good and at times it's bad.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

too little money for long hours put it

productive

i learned how to communicate with customers and how to keep customers happy all the time. types of alcohol and nature of wine. learned how to deal with difficult people from different backgrounds. working long hours and working under presure.

Pros

no free lunchs

Cons

13 hours

it was fun working there i learned a lot

i learn on how to be punctual .all the staff is friendly i enjoyed working in pastry which is baking .there lot of cultures there a diversity but we all treated the same there was no discrimination learned how to adapt with other colleagues well.it was fun through out my training i never felt as a student i was treated well.

Pros

lunch was free

Cons

over time bt you get paid for it

It's good to face new challenges.

Am working at a busy centre. I'm having some challenges but I can manage to resolve them immediately. So I would like to share my skills somewhere else. I would like and ready to move on.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

It is productive and interesting working there

Working at CTICC was nice and interesting the working condition and security is good the management is friendly. I benefited skills such as how to serve a customers a manner on to speak politely with a customer.

Pros

Free Lunch offered and Transport for those who work night shift

Cons

Long working hours

Learning Environment

I enjoyed working at the CTICC and I learnt a lot from different people in different positions. it is a fun and accommodating working environment. I worked long hours but it was worth it. I don't regret being in that place I could go back any day.

Pros

staff lunches

Cons

Cool place for any kind of human nature

We used to trasport for free and we eat lunch there. We take offdays even during the week.We work as a group , we never discriminate one another. At work we have solidarity

Pros

Free transport

Fun working place

I have learnt a lot since I started working there, I really enjoy my job but I have a problem with the money I earn. The management is quit goo to me but the is no space for growth there.I feel like I need to change the environment for the better.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

good place to work at if you a hard worker

flexible hours, good for students because they have transport for late shifts. first aid is on point in case of any emergencies

Pros

free lunch

Cons

heavy duties

Huge learning curve and positive outcome

At cticc a typical day started at 5 when i planned the day ahead and started putting tea break or breakfast pastries i the oven. A early shift breefing was held once all the staff was there by 08:00. then every detail of the day was discussed and tasks were divided. During the day i would supervise production, check buffets, look after vip's, plan for the next day, place orders, talk to my seniors about certain funtions and what the look and feel of it will be. Motivate staff all the way. The hardest part of my job was learning to manage such a big group of chef's, but it was a huge accomplishment for me and it made me a much better manager. the most enjoyable part of my job was working with the other sous chef's, we were like a familky and were all working equally as hard. Management and co - workers were proffesional. I learned how to think on my feet, multitask better, deal with daily issues of short falled orders, managing a big team and how to communicate effectively. I learned how to be a better chef.

Pros

Free lunch and dinner, extra days off when days were taken away, great salary and benefits

Cons

When busy, extremely long hours

its a place where you have to build yourself for the outside companies

control the canteen, dish the foods, and leave by 6 stand your ground with staff and dont change the rules. respect management work together in partnership/team player its adults and you have to repeat yourself knowing you the one they hate cause of the rules you imply,,if they didnt call me a name,,i dont think i did my job properly for the day

Pros

even though they hate to follow the rules, they respect me for not discriminating

Cons

to control up to 500 adults a day sometimes

Hard and smart worker

The first day in job shadowing I have to bring 1000 plates. The management is very well.Co-workers are supportive. Work 2days or 4day. The most enjoyable part is that we meet lot of geust

Pros

yes we do have free lunch

Cons

what i've learned through my inservice is that as a chef you must be productive and you must'nt keep clients waiting and you must present everything

working @ CTICC was very fun,it actually give me time to explore within the hospitality industry and now i know that cooking alone is not alone but meeting company and client requirements is essential.I left CTICC becouse i have to go back to the college after finishing my in-service training.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at cticc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance