Cum Books

Cum Books Employee Reviews

South Africa32 reviews
3,0
Casuals should be paid enough money and be treated with respect the supervisors well some of them seem to undermine the casuals and that does not show good work ethics
Pros
Socialising with customers
1,0
I expected much more from Senior management, very disappointed in working for a Christian company.
Customers was wonderful.

difficult staff

Senior management did not ensure that when recruiting new management for a store that the individuals matched each other.

hardest part of the job.....doing admin and being on the floor as requested.

Most enjoyable....time with customers
5,0
Good working environment, flexible hours, you learn everytime, 1 hour lunch, 15 minutes tea time, training sessions provided. Uniform provided. Good people to work with.
1,0
No support from the snr support manager or brand manager that oversee stores towards the store manager. They are never positive and it is overflowing to the staff. CEO used to be active in retail stores, not any longer. Working conditions is bad, no consistency. Policy and procedures is bend to suit snr management. The quality of product is good and working with the customers is fulfilling.
5,0
The manager was very understanding towards my study schedule. Everyone was respectful and very helpful with getting me acquainted to the work environment. There were many other causals working and we were all about the same age so I made great Christian friends.
Pros
Few working hours because I was casual
5,0
An experience that came with great responsibility and team effort every day. This helped in opening me up to learn more about myself and learn more about independence
5,0
Everyday spiritual uplifting, very challenging environment. Learning something new everyday, stressful but fun. Weekly training that makes the job easier,TEAM
3,0
is a good place to work in and has excellent christian materials and has good co workers and management does offer exciting employee training sessions
Pros
good books to read
Cons
working during festive holidays
3,0
Working for the company on a normal day would include assisting customers an assisting with sale.I have trained as a cashier and learned how to receive stock as well as pricing and merchandising. The work culture is wonderful and everyone gets along with each other well. the staff are well trained in customer service and the store is well managed. Personally , the best part of working here would be interacting with the customers and being of assistance to them and the most difficult part would be having to deal with difficult customers. But generally working for the company is amazing
Pros
staff discount on items in the store
Cons
unexpected long hours
2,0
Always fun working for this brand

Plenty of training

Managers are always supportive

Clients are great

Great HR management

Great literature
Cons
Salaries could be better
3,0
The most enjoyable part of working with the company is the wide variety of translation projects I received from them. It was a great learning experience and very rewarding.
3,0
Good working conditions helpful area manager
Culture of family

Enjoy spreading the Word of God

Job security

Good benefits available like medixal aid and provision fund
Pros
Christian environment
Cons
Retail hours
3,0
A typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with their queries, giving product information and organizing products in a systematic way.
I learnt plenty about customer service and working with others. The store was a Christian book/ gift shop and so I had to represent the stores values in the way that I conversed with customers and treated them.

I cannot really say there was anything hard about the job, it was pretty straight-forward and easy.

I enjoyed interacting with the customers and being with my colleagues as they were nice people.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Unreasonably low pay
5,0
Good working relationship with my colleagues.interacting with customers.good communication skills.always punctual nd a team player.harworker and eager to learn.
Pros
Day off
5,0
Great corporate culture. Friendly and supportive colleges. Allows growth and initiative. Great first-time job with no experience required. Highly recommended.
3,0
Company gave me a lot of opportunities to grow. The company culture is great...a great environment to work in. The CEO has respect for his employs and wishes them to grow with the company
4,0
my experience at the store was fantastic, the staff there is amazing to work with including management. I was taught a lot regarding customer service and how to communicate with people.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
hours were too little during mid-year
4,0
It's a very professional setting, the staff is friendly the management, not so much. The supervisors, it depends. It is a good start for those who are starting out.

Get familiar with the products and services, see if growing in it is possible for you, and you decide.
Pros
Get to read free books, discounted products for you.
Cons
One off day per week, not Sundays at most
5,0
The organisation was an amazing experience since it being my first job. The management and fellow colleagues are 100% dedicated and are very supportive. The working environment is very energetic, which naturally motivates you to achieve more. Customer service is very excellent, and the employees are the most bubbly people i have met, they made my adaption to the environment easier and much fun.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Unusual working hours
2,0
Very long hours and financially not rewarding! If it wasn't for the people that I worked with I would've hated my job and some customers made it worth while.
3,0
The staff is great and the management is passionate about assisting everyone to feel like an important part of the team. The customers are a bit of a challenge, especially during the festive seasons but overall the atmosphere is great.
Pros
Christian staff
Cons
long hours. poor work incentive