Cummins

Cummins Employee Reviews

I work for Cummins 19 year and left to try my own business that did not go well.it was.a very good experience work for Cummins I mainly on mining equipment and would return and time.
Good work ethics, employees are treated as family and they were quite considerate and the company takes good care of its employees in terms of remuneration
The organisation harbours exceptional values. The resources are invested in but the expectations are high. Mentoring and support of resources is a key priority. An open-door policy confirms this.
Awesome company great people to work with. Learned alot good management culture is awesome nothing hard about my job Everything is enjoyable I will do anything to work there again.
It's a great place to work with good experience.work culture is diverse and they dont exclude anyone. I had a great line manager and nice team I used to work with
Hard working dealing with customer excellent day and night fixing trucks went to mine,marines,construction, service generat genset and can rebuild most cummins engines
I had a good start in the first three months. However things turned for the worst after 3 months. My direct manager wanted me out without any cause. Our relationship turned sour and he started denying things we had agreed on.
Cumminsebncourages diversity and allows for growth in persoanl and professional goals. A great place to work if you are looking to step out of your box.
It is a good working environment and has a great culture. It also provides room for individual growth and for an intern give a good clear cut picture of how the business word is
Reaching target has been my typicall day at work. I learne other languages and mostly house keeping. The hardest part of the job has always been working with flue.
Cummins had an excellent work culture. You are able to work or learn in other departments. You are able to get mentors aside from your own department. I've currently in the three months i had been there worked with the accounts payables department for supplier payments.
The company is an extremely diverse and included place to work at. This creates a continuing change in everyday life as you meet and deal with all types of cultures and beliefs. This challenges you to adapt to different ways of doing things which ultimately give one more options to resolve challenges.
A great international company, offers a range of exposure and personal development. Right work environment promoted as part of their basic culture and principles
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Ethics
The work environment is conducive for high productive. I enjoyed the field service work and product support for a Client in coal mining. Though the region was very hot but the comfort was in the provision of adequate drinking water air conditioned offices. The management was good and supportive. I enjoyed a lot the On-boarding program that settles a new employee quickly and comfortably. The environment at the Client's place was very good in terms of high safety consciousness.
Pros
Emphasised thorough induction of employees
Cons
Dusty and reuired better PPE
The time I spent working for the company was the very good time indeed and I enjoyed working at cummins I only came back because the company was too far from my home
Pros
We used to earn some good money
Cons
The company was too far from home
It is a good work environment, I've learnt how to work with diverse cultures. We've good management and good culture. The hardest part about the job is having a manager that is not supportive. Enjoyable because there is room for growth.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
A typical work day will start off with a global meeting where we will give an update on our Depot and work orders, we would also discuss any issues that we struggle to resolve. after the meeting we would join another meeting to discuss the meeting we just had. after that meeting we would do our daily checks and also focus on tickets that we received from the system we are using. These tickets will be acted on immediately and resolved if possible. Users will also walk in for support where I would assist them. There will also be times where I will travel to other branches by air or car and do support on site. I love Cummins and the way they treat you as a person. the only thing I have against them is the fact that I am contracted to them by HCL - they do not have headcount to hire IT personnel, this way we lose out on benefits. i love every part of my job in every way as I get to learn so much in the short time that I have been here. While typing this I supported 3 users with different issue, either over Skype, remote control or physically going to the user and supporting them.
Pros
Good people, good time management and friendliness, good values
Cons
contract basis and losing out on benefits
Cummins is a very structured and ethical working environment which promotes fairness to all employees. There is more a horizontal organizational culture whereby Vice presidents and heads of the organization will not hesitate to have a general conversation with you about anything. It creates a very welcome feeling in the Organization.
Pros
Global Experience
Cons
Growth Opportunites
Good company to work for. They are well established with excellent management to guide employees. Day to day busy with new projects always on the horizon
Days where filled with meetings and conferences with overseas based offices and branches. It was great to deal with different markets, cultures and people! I learnt to deal with a broad spectrum of customers, one day it would be a privately owned distributor and the next a multinational company and their senior management. I learnt to be flexible in terms of approach with these situations. The hardest part of the job, was the lack of communication within various business units, which impacted on the company's objectives The most enjoyable part of the job was the travel to African countries and experiencing their nature of business, challenges in their markets and solving these issues.
you must have ability work on your own and work very long hour that what I learn. management is and good communication but pressure is always day and most enjoyable part is work each other mean hand to hand.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
most of time long hours
  1. Employee Reviews