Cummins

South Africa33 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 4 329 reviews

Cummins SA

I worked for Cummins SA for almost 13 years. I had a lot of fun and growth working for Cummins and would love to work for them again BUT not in South Africa rather abroad in the UK or USA.I learnt a lot from my different manager but found the operations director not willing to take into consideration the personal tragedies of the staff. When I had a personal tragedy he told me that it was personal and that it had nothing to do with Cummins and I would stay in the city that I was working in until he felt it was the right time to move me.I applied for other positions in the city I needed to be in to support m family after receiving devastating news regarding the health of my father and he blocked me every step of the way and I had no other alternative to resign and leave the employ of Cummins which was really a very disappointing reality I had to face.

Great company, that cares for their staff.

I started at Cummins not knowing much of the product. Although I was allowed the time to grow my knowledge and sharpen my skills through QSOL, physical library, Training center and on the job training. My experience at Cummins was one of the best. It is one company that has allowed me to grow and given me the skills and the opportunities to do so.

Pros

Best training and diversity I have ever come across.

Cons

It depends on your attitude.

Great experience

Great company but environment and people toxic. No support to grow even after 10 years at the company I was declined an internal vacancy which suited me and my experience with the company.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Unhealthy environment and unsuppprtive management

Project Manager

Work-life balanceCummins is an organisation that promotes work life balance for all it's employeesOverallCummins a great company to work for, they live their company values of caring and empowering it's employees. Their approach to CSR is something that drew me to that organisation

Machanic

I work for Cummins 19 year and left to try my own business that did not go well.it was.a very good experience work for Cummins I mainly on mining equipment and would return and time.

Fun and productive place

Good work ethics, employees are treated as family and they were quite considerate and the company takes good care of its employees in terms of remuneration

Cummins provide a great platform for global experience

The organisation harbours exceptional values. The resources are invested in but the expectations are high. Mentoring and support of resources is a key priority. An open-door policy confirms this.

yes productive and fun good management and good people

Awesome company great people to work with. Learned alot good management culture is awesome nothing hard about my job Everything is enjoyable I will do anything to work there again.

Great work environment

It's a great place to work with good experience.work culture is diverse and they dont exclude anyone. I had a great line manager and nice team I used to work with

Good

Hard working dealing with customer excellent day and night fixing trucks went to mine,marines,construction, service generat genset and can rebuild most cummins engines

Management was poor

I had a good start in the first three months. However things turned for the worst after 3 months. My direct manager wanted me out without any cause. Our relationship turned sour and he started denying things we had agreed on.

Collaborative and diverse teams

Cumminsebncourages diversity and allows for growth in persoanl and professional goals. A great place to work if you are looking to step out of your box.

Good diversified inclusive working environment

It is a good working environment and has a great culture. It also provides room for individual growth and for an intern give a good clear cut picture of how the business word is

productive plant and fun to work

Reaching target has been my typicall day at work. I learne other languages and mostly house keeping. The hardest part of the job has always been working with flue.

Excellent Work Environment

Cummins had an excellent work culture. You are able to work or learn in other departments. You are able to get mentors aside from your own department. I've currently in the three months i had been there worked with the accounts payables department for supplier payments.

Challenging and diverse workplace

The company is an extremely diverse and included place to work at. This creates a continuing change in everyday life as you meet and deal with all types of cultures and beliefs. This challenges you to adapt to different ways of doing things which ultimately give one more options to resolve challenges.

Great values

A great international company, offers a range of exposure and personal development. Right work environment promoted as part of their basic culture and principles

Pros

Great salary

Cons

Ethics

Greatly upholads diversity and supports employee skills development

The work environment is conducive for high productive. I enjoyed the field service work and product support for a Client in coal mining. Though the region was very hot but the comfort was in the provision of adequate drinking water air conditioned offices. The management was good and supportive. I enjoyed a lot the On-boarding program that settles a new employee quickly and comfortably. The environment at the Client's place was very good in terms of high safety consciousness.

Pros

Emphasised thorough induction of employees

Cons

Dusty and reuired better PPE

It is the good company with a good management and stuff

The time I spent working for the company was the very good time indeed and I enjoyed working at cummins I only came back because the company was too far from my home

Pros

We used to earn some good money

Cons

The company was too far from home

Good work environment

It is a good work environment, I've learnt how to work with diverse cultures. We've good management and good culture. The hardest part about the job is having a manager that is not supportive. Enjoyable because there is room for growth.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

I love Cummins and will work for them any day

A typical work day will start off with a global meeting where we will give an update on our Depot and work orders, we would also discuss any issues that we struggle to resolve. after the meeting we would join another meeting to discuss the meeting we just had. after that meeting we would do our daily checks and also focus on tickets that we received from the system we are using. These tickets will be acted on immediately and resolved if possible. Users will also walk in for support where I would assist them. There will also be times where I will travel to other branches by air or car and do support on site. I love Cummins and the way they treat you as a person. the only thing I have against them is the fact that I am contracted to them by HCL - they do not have headcount to hire IT personnel, this way we lose out on benefits. i love every part of my job in every way as I get to learn so much in the short time that I have been here. While typing this I supported 3 users with different issue, either over Skype, remote control or physically going to the user and supporting them.

Pros

Good people, good time management and friendliness, good values

Cons

contract basis and losing out on benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 4 329 reviews

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,8 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,3 out of 5 stars for Management
3,7 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Cummins
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?