Curro Holdings Ltd

Curro Holdings Ltd Employee Reviews

South Africa71 reviews
4,0
Very good working environment, allowing for personal growth if you show potential, fast paced and highly competitive.
Being an educational company, work becomes very rewarding because of the overall goal of what we achieving
Pros
Discounts for family
Cons
Seems more bottom line driven
1,0
Poor management. Work is nice and colleaques is great but the only problem is management in the call centre and the top dogs don't react to your complaints or concerns over these management. One of the jobs I loved but the environment under the leadership of this management was not healthy, and you just had to move on. It's a sad reality. Work environment with colleaques in the call centre was fun and we had a bond and worked well together however the management is the worse, don't have people skills, don't care about the staff and there wellbeing, they don't create proper working environment for the staff. They lie about everything example permenant contracts, increase in salary. Even if you report them nothing happens. You just a number in their eyes.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Less pay, long hours. 6 days a week
5,0
I was an assistant teacher at curro,I worked with group 3 but I can work with all group,I'm a hard worker,I like to work with kids...I started working at curro from 2015/01/06 to 2020 july due to covid-19 I was retrenged.but it was nice working at curro
Pros
Not always
1,0
Curro have changed over the last 7 years, from a school to a profits are all that matter company. Staff are worthless and the school have an insanely high staff turnover. The management will in no way back staff and they have significant lower pay and percks than government school staff have. Staff are in no way a team and passionate, sadly by teating staff bad children suffer.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Tocix working environment. No school culture. Compensation significantly less than the norm.
3,0
I was told after a year service that I would be made permanent. And that my contract would be discussed in the new year 2020. But by the end of February nothing was discussed with me. I should actually have a title of being an aftercare teacher. Currently I look after the waiting area. And assist with homework for grade 5 to grade 8 homework. Assist with snacks at 16h00.
2,0
On a daily basis there are so many queries solved with no acknowledgement.
I have learned to exercise my capabilities much more.

Preference is given to special members to management.

The cultutre is beautiful, 100% no doubt.

The hardest part is to not be flexible on basic human needs.

I find it easy to convince an angry parent to stay calm and leave with a smile.
4,0
Typical day starts at 7h15 and ends when you finished planning etc. Beautiful buildings , very neat. Learned alot about 21st century learning and teaching. Good company to work for. Child friendly.
5,0
Good working environment, l learnt alot during my stay at the school. Vibrant religious culture. Great learning space for the learners. I would not mind going back
Pros
Experience
Cons
Stress
2,0
The working hours, roles and responsibilities were not stated clearly in the contract yet expectations were ever-increasing. This was not reflected by the pay which was already lower than 'market-related'.
The culture is definitely not transparent and extreme incivility from head exec.

Staff turnover was VERY high which made working as a team very difficult.

My experience at this school nearly caused me to leave teaching altogether - and it truly is my passion.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Curro Holdings Ltd?
4,0
It's great working at Curro the only problem is that we don't get paid enough for the job. I'd recommend a person to work at Curro.

They are friendly.
4,0
Learned very much working for the school. Enjoyed being around the little children. I did all maintenance and repairs on the buildings and the play grounds. Supervised the outside contractors and ground staff.
3,0
If you want to work at Thatchfield,you should be prepared to be treated like dirt especially if you're black. The staff is separated during break time.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Very long exhausting hours
5,0
Wonderful company to work for. They support further education and personal development. I appreciate the accommodation for study leave and humility. Love working here.
Pros
Family of staff members
4,0
The school is still new, therefore stress levels are high, we often manage in crisis mode. I have learn't a lot about teaching and myself working here. The hardest part about my job would be balancing my personal and work life. The best part of my job is to be a teacher.
Pros
School Holidays
Cons
Disorganised and poor management
4,0
The school was far from my house but the culture was very good.
Learners were very eager to learn and willing.

The management was very great and always willing to help me with anything I needed help with as I was new in the school.

Enjoyed teaching there.
Pros
great stuff and culture
Cons
far
4,0
Loved working at the school, was there for 9 months, filled two maternity contract posts.Would have loved a permanent post but nothing available at the time.
Pros
School holidays
Cons
Lots of marking to do
1,0
Intimidation and abuse of power is the order of the day. You do as you are told. It is either I like you or I don't. You have to be my friend to get a promotional post. Salary increments not according to standard and fair procedures. My friends get 10-12%, the rest get 1% to 2%. Automatic style of management. High staff turnover.
Pros
At least you have a job
Cons
Profit after company, Employee welfare a secondary issue, Poor salaries, School management do as they wish, Generally, number of butts on the chairs is all that matters.
1,0
You are overworked, and expected to do things outside of your teaching parameters. You are most often expected to work a six day work week, which is not reflected in your pay. Many times you are criticised for your work, and not taking on enough. Many times educators are heaped with excessive amounts of mundane and nonsensical work. Your salary is NOT market related and your increases also don’t reflect a positive outlook on a decent monthly income. You are expected to work from 07h30 to 16h00. Provide extra classes and still attend events that end well after 22h00 due to having to take care of children who are left behind after the events end. You aren’t guaranteed any advancement what so ever. If you are afforded an advancement, your already heavy workload doubles. This is not the life you want. Students are rowdy and are given the advantage over the educator in every aspect. Growth is limited and there are no perks, inclusive of medical aid- which is offered but to full account of your own. The company doesn’t pay part of any perks. There is little opportunity to grow through enrichment and as such most opportunities are at own cost.
Pros
Non
Cons
Salary is not market related, working hours are excessive, management does not cooperate, the teacher is always wrong; overworked, no opportunities for advancement
5,0
Wonderful opportunity to train under qualified instructors in the ecd environment. Trained from 3 months of to grade r. Planning activities for children
Pros
Study times
Cons
No cons
1,0
Morale is Low. Treatment is different. Colleagues are wonderful. Hardest part is not being recognized, acknowledged and knowing you just a number. I work with a lovely set of Colleagues.
Pros
The people l I work with.
Cons
Salary is poor. No acknowledgement. No retaining of Good teachers. Poor Higher Management.
2,0
As the only nurse in the environment i feel i was very misunderstood and used.
I really enjoy working with children and Babies so i love the interaction with the children.

The hardest part of my job is that I never know where I will be or "what " I would be that day.

My Job description was changed recently to suit the company, and now i feel like a spare part not the Nurse of the school
Pros
Off half of the school holidays, so get to be near my own children
Cons
Don't get treated like i am part of the team