Here to help
Coronavirus update

DHL Employee Reviews

South Africa250 reviews
4,0
The warehouse it was fun working place as we worked as a team, the working place was safe and they made sure everyone is wearing there protective clothing
the management was friendly only if you doing you job but overall the management was just fairly

The working place culture made the job to be more easier than i thought

The hardest part is when the parts are missing and getting pressure to supply more while you have to clean the floor at same time

Working together was the best part of the job
Official response from DHL
14 October 2020
Hello,

We're glad to receive a good review from your experience as a material handler. We are very happy to see that you mention so many positive aspects of your DHL workplace as the safety of our operations and the team work.

We are specially glad that you mention our great company culture. We invest in creating a friendly environment and giving the tools to our leaders to ensure that our workers feel supported!

Best wishes for all your future projects and career steps,

Your Employer Branding Team
5,0
Global company with international standards. Pleasant work environment. Strong management team working together as a group to ensure customer satisfaction.
Pros
Team players. Competitive salary.
5,0
My job work details. Duty time. Working place. Monthly Salary. Festival Bonus. Monthly leave. And other company condition. Wherrhouse supplier. Food supplier.
Pros
I am not understand
Cons
I am not understand
5,0
customer satisfaction is their number 1 priority and they largely participate in environmentally friendly activities to try and minimize global warming in their highest level best.
Pros
Outgoings
Cons
long hgours sometimes
4,0
Working at DHL was a beautiful experience and it was very challenging,loved it still.The staff is friendly and the working environment was great experience for me since it was my first time.The management was very strict and rules were also very strict especially about safety of employees in the workplace
We only worked nightshift which was bit hard at first but we got to adapt.Staff transport was paid by the company.
3,0
Hire and fire 🔥 attitude 👎 they need to have an Management that looks into the best interest of the employees and not focusing on own wealth,my as my contract was terminated by a Manager while I legally submitted my annual leave and he said he never received it but I handed it to him hand to hand with witness
5,0
I worked with people who were determined , knowing that when we come to work we do our duties fully. I can say it was a good environment for me and I was happy to work there with the team that was highly discipline and punctual when comes to time. I was enjoying my work challenges.
3,0
Working for DHL was very challenging and required a lot of sacrifice from family and work life balance. I am looking for a career change into the Insurance Sales Industry.
3,0
Pleasant environment to work in. Challenging with new challenges everyday. Requires one to be adaptable to change and have peopl's skills. I learnt alot about customs and customer service.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DHL?
5,0
i used to order and pack car parts on a tow motor for them to be processed so they can built cars, i learnt that to work in a environment that is busy and make sure that the job gets done.
the management was top class loving and caring people for their workers.

The hardest part of the job was that when we were pressured to produce more than 200 cars daily it was a drag.

When we meet our targets we would gather and announce our worker of the month it was good.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Only when there is an overtime
5,0
Very good place to work for, managment always there to help you, they do have very high standards which is a good thing because it helps you to improve your own standards, but if you make a mistake they will punish you, which I regret doing so sad to leave because of my mistakes.
5,0
I enjoyed working by dhl. Everyone was friendly and the environment was perfect. The work wasn't stressful and I've learned a lot there. Wouldn't mind working there again
4,0
You have to be on top of your game at all times. No time to relax. Your colleagues are all competing for your job. Make sure you keep abreast of industry trends...read every day. Be prepared to work long hours. Be sure you know the numbers associated with your business. No one is your friend. Avoid sharing personal information.
5,0
the work culture is very nice and challenging , they have outings for staff just to relax . so it a work and play environment and they take care of their staff
5,0
I would recommend DHL to any one without doubt, they're very professional and true to their slogan of "on time,in full"which was a promise we never broke while I was there.
5,0
job was a very pressured but rewarding job..many challenges with allocations. enjoyed the work and worked well under pressure .great team spirit within the department. training givin over the years has been very beneficial.
3,0
Fast paced industry which requires man power and flexibility and availability to work shifts and some weekends. It is a global company with pleasant co workers
2,0
I was delivering to different customers like private hospitals, pharmacies and chain stores. Firstly when I was to go out with the truck I was use to check my load properly in the truck,check the truck whether is road worthy I was doing my check list of the truck on a daily basis. Check my invoices about whether are they correspond with my load there after I go to my supervisor to get pass out
3,0
Great learning opportunities, the company culture is good and focus is on the employee generally. My manager has assisted greatly in my development and training
5,0
My dreams is to get a job in limpopo cose in jhb we dnt benefit.you paying rant transport and you make sure that you send money home.so life of gauteng is so expensive better to get a job in limpopo cose is were l come for
4,0
You learn alot at DHL especially if your willing to learn, you know most of the jobs within weeks if your into it... you learn from driving to sorting to different locations of places located locally and internationally.